Aftermarket emergency hand brake handle?

XR4Ti / Sierra / Sierra Cosworth Discussions - Questions, problem resolution, general talk, technical tips and modifications.
Paschek
Level 2
Level 2

Aftermarket emergency hand brake handle?

Post by Paschek » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:26 pm

Does anyone know of someone who sells an aftermarket emergency brake handle for the XR? Something aluminum, chrome, or CF? Maybe one for another car will fit on? My search has come up empty, the archives didn't have any info.
'85 XR - subaru bumper, custom skirts, rs500/stock wing, ported and polished, big valves, 3" exhaust to dual, CAI, mod-mack intercooler, 120deg intake, t5.

Mike McCreight
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Aftermarket emergency hand brake handle?

Post by Mike McCreight » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:14 am

Hi, Stef!
Did you ever find your brake stuff?
It's not a hobby, it's an obsession!

Paschek
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Paschek » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:57 pm

Wow, that's far more aftermarket than I want. I'm just looking for the rubber part. That thing looks fluid operated! I found most of the stuff, Mike; but I'm still missing both sets of caliper mounting brackets. I'm looking to do that upgrade soon now that I have the car out again.
'85 XR - subaru bumper, custom skirts, rs500/stock wing, ported and polished, big valves, 3" exhaust to dual, CAI, mod-mack intercooler, 120deg intake, t5.

Mike McCreight
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mike McCreight » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:24 pm

Yup!
That's the hydraulic handbrake from the Targa car. A bit over the top for a street car, but hey, I've SEEN your XR!
Keep in touch over the summer... :cheers
Where are you now? Cornwall area?
It's not a hobby, it's an obsession!

Paschek
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Paschek » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:38 pm

Yeah, my car is pretty over the top. But I don't do enough racing to justify that thing.

I'm in the Cornwall area again. I'll let you know when I'll be up for a visit. I have some bugs to work out first.