Question of details...

XR4Ti / Sierra / Sierra Cosworth Discussions - Questions, problem resolution, general talk, technical tips and modifications.
Merkur Club web site
LaurentD

Question of details...

Post by LaurentD »

Yeah, these are details! But I like to get them right.

1) See the cords for the parcel tray? They are hanging low. Have they stretched out over time or is there another way to run them? I have them through the parcel tray opening hole, then all the way to the hook on the oposite side. Either way, it looks saggy.

2) The cargo net! The car came with what I guess is the factory cargo net. For the life of me, I can't figure out where it hooks to or how to install it?

3) The illunimating bulb inside the wiper speed control module is burnt out. I tried the smallest bulb I could find locally, but it was still too big. What have people used? It also isn't listed on the XR Bulb Chart from Merkur Encyclopedia.

4) So, according to this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... jP98&t=125 the XR4ti came with a wiper spoiler! At least, it did in 1985. Does anyone know anything about that? If it did, is there anywhere I can get that wiper arm? hehe
DAReese
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Question of details...

Post by DAReese »

LaurentD wrote:Yeah, these are details! But I like to get them right.

1) See the cords for the parcel tray? They are hanging low. Have they stretched out over time or is there another way to run them? I have them through the parcel tray opening hole, then all the way to the hook on the oposite side. Either way, it looks saggy.

2) The cargo net! The car came with what I guess is the factory cargo net. For the life of me, I can't figure out where it hooks to or how to install it?

3) The illunimating bulb inside the wiper speed control module is burnt out. I tried the smallest bulb I could find locally, but it was still too big. What have people used? It also isn't listed on the XR Bulb Chart from Merkur Encyclopedia.

4) So, according to this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... jP98&t=125 the XR4ti came with a wiper spoiler! At least, it did in 1985. Does anyone know anything about that? If it did, is there anywhere I can get that wiper arm? hehe
1. OPMD.com had them. I'm sure Mike or Jeff have them.
2. Your subwoofer is in the way. The hooks go into the little cut outs in the hatch carpeting. There are gold hooks to clip the net to.
4. The only place you're you go to find them is off an 85-86 car or from one of the Merkur vendors.
Last edited by DAReese on Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Reese

88 XR4Ti - mono white T5, someday to be bi wing
89 Scorpio - waiting on some parts before it hits the road again
88 XR4Ti - mono red C3, parts car
used to own 86 dark blue traded in on a min van, what was I thinking?
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

And when you get those items sorted be sure to move on to organizing your socks and underwear drawers. ;-) :-)

YMMV ;-)
Descartes: "Cogito Ergo Sum"
Lijewski: "Sum Ergo Drive-O. Mucho!
merk23literturbo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by merk23literturbo »

Make sure the potatoes don't touch the peas. LOL
German engineer: We custom fit every part in the Porsche engine.
Japanese engineer: You mean that you make every part wrong to begin with?
LaurentD

Post by LaurentD »

Thanks DAReese for the useful info.

For the rest of you, don't worry, the car has some bigger isssues than that to keep me busy :wink:. I'm not necessarely going to get to all that right now, but I like to have a list of what needs fixing, you know, so that I never run out of stuff to do! :P