EGR ok to block here?

XR4Ti / Sierra / Sierra Cosworth Discussions - Questions, problem resolution, general talk, technical tips and modifications.
Merkur Club web site
In XS 7
Level 7
Level 7

EGR ok to block here?

Post by In XS 7 »

Hello guys, like the tittle said: It is ok to temporary block off the EGR here at the actual valve or remove the valve and plug the pipe here? I want to plug it at the exhaust manifold but I can't remove the pipe there, I will keep trying but till I succeed I wonder if I can plug the EGR valve here.
Thanks a lot. :cheers

Miguel.
89 XR4Ti Monique; Waking up a real "Night/Mare-Coor".
T5, NPR IC, PIMP ECU, Walbro 255, Dual piston BOV, Manual BC, 3" exhaust, One piece Aluminum drive-shaft, mc2 LSD, Boport 1.5 cam, Ported and polish head, big valves, 80# injectors, Bob's log, (soon HY35).
turboplz
Level 6
Level 6

Re: EGR ok to block here?

Post by turboplz »

Yup, that's where people usually block off. I've done the coke can thing as well as made up a block off plate. Both worked just fine.
Jason

89 Xr4ti..."Bronze Turd"...long term project/current garage queen

2014 Focus ST
xr89
Level 2
Level 2

Post by xr89 »

Yes you can plug it there.
My car is just like my girlfriend...
loud and temperamental.

Ben
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

A nickel will fit exactly into the hole with a few taps of a hammer, if 'ya just gotta get rid of the EGR, and will allow you to re-activate it if it ever becomes necessary, or desired. Best thing about it is it only costs a nickel!
This is my car, and these are my people!
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
In XS 7
Level 7
Level 7

Post by In XS 7 »

:thumb Thanks to all of you Gentlemen. I am fabbing a plate out of a stainless steel plate I have around here. :cheers
Miguel.
89 XR4Ti Monique; Waking up a real "Night/Mare-Coor".
T5, NPR IC, PIMP ECU, Walbro 255, Dual piston BOV, Manual BC, 3" exhaust, One piece Aluminum drive-shaft, mc2 LSD, Boport 1.5 cam, Ported and polish head, big valves, 80# injectors, Bob's log, (soon HY35).