Crazy Jack**s in South Tahoe

XR4Ti / Sierra / Sierra Cosworth Discussions - Questions, problem resolution, general talk, technical tips and modifications.
Merkur Club web site
Larry Velk
Level 1
Level 1

Crazy Jack**s in South Tahoe

Post by Larry Velk »

Went through South Tahoe, CA again and decided to stop at the place with the XR's lined up at a lot. Saw this location on previous trips. Parked and went to look at one of the XR's. This lot is associated with a miniature parts sales building - it has about as many parts as most guys have in their garages, so no way can it support this kind of real estate. Out comes an absolute psycho. He mumbles something that translates to "get the hell out". I go in to say sorry we didn't see the no trespass signs painted on the ground (no sign) and we are Merkur enthusiasts. He mumbles we can't read and should leave. I'd think we could have been customers as my shirt was worth more than the XR we were looking at...
This is the first complete a**hat we've run into in the car hobby. A middle age couple and 2 20 year old kids in a 2014 rental are not too intimidating. Got to be a judge of people after 64 years and this guy is not sane. I'd suggest not dealing with him if you ever see stuff for sale from this source.
Normally wouldn't trash a guy like this, but he was exceptional. I'm so happy we have the guys we do in the Merkur hobby - which makes this a one-in-a-million exception.
'86 928, black, 5sp, red full leather, 55k
(daily driver!)
'91 FZR 1000
'64 XKE FHC, in a thousand pieces
2003 BMW Ci (just like an XR!)
'89 XR, red family car
Larry Littlepage

Re: Crazy Jack**s in South Tahoe

Post by Larry Littlepage »

Lol. My wife has been on me to stop by the guys place when passing through Tahoe. Thanks for the heads up. I'll be avoiding him now.