Replacement Carpet?

XR4Ti / Sierra / Sierra Cosworth Discussions - Questions, problem resolution, general talk, technical tips and modifications.
Merkur Club web site
DialM4Speed

Replacement Carpet?

Post by DialM4Speed » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:32 pm

Who's making them for the XR??? I've been told these folks do an excellent job but of course they don't make any for us. So unless anybody else is let's bomb them!

https://www.accmats.com/customer-care/

New product request don't forget to click "Check here if you do not see your vehicle."
86 XR4Ti - Port 'N' Polished SVO head w/ big exhaust valves - Ported E6 manifold - 3" Sac Mustang downpipe going into a Catco highflow cat & Magnaflow 3" inlet with dual 2.5" outlets!

mopman93
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Replacement Carpet?

Post by mopman93 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:46 pm

call rapido. Pretty sure last known guy who offered carpets. Blugg has good used ones.

I have a carpet from rapido in my car, it is an aftermarket carpet and requires trimming in certain areas for an OEM fit.

noslack2mack
Level 2
Level 2

Post by noslack2mack » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:35 pm

If you have a carpet that isn't torn, then you can re-dye it on the cheap. I have had good results from a product called RiT Dye. It's available at Wal-Mart (in the laundry detergent aisle) for about $3 a bottle. I used a big garbage can (soaped and rinsed, of course) and about 10 bottles of the stuff mixed with just enough HOT water to cover the carpet. Just remember that less water is better. You can fold the carpet and use a weight to force the carpet down further into the can while it soaks. The can was maybe 60% full with the carpet. FWIW, I also poured a bunch of salt in the bath as that's "supposed" to help the dye absorb. Then, just cover it and allow it to sit in the bath for one full week. Rinse with a garden hose, and you're done! I have also been able to lean the mixture of the black RiT dye just enough to simulate "raven" with a faded out gray carpet from my '85. The bath looked purple-ish (kind of like a squished blackberry), but that just caused the carpet to have the bluish hue that the raven seats have. Give it a try if you have no better options. I was pleased with the results.
Ronald Reagan was the best thing that ever happened to this country.

-Mike

In XS 7
Level 7
Level 7

Post by In XS 7 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:05 am

noslack2mack wrote:If you have a carpet that isn't torn, then you can re-dye it on the cheap. I have had good results from a product called RiT Dye. It's available at Wal-Mart (in the laundry detergent aisle) for about $3 a bottle. I used a big garbage can (soaped and rinsed, of course) and about 10 bottles of the stuff mixed with just enough HOT water to cover the carpet. Just remember that less water is better. You can fold the carpet and use a weight to force the carpet down further into the can while it soaks. The can was maybe 60% full with the carpet. FWIW, I also poured a bunch of salt in the bath as that's "supposed" to help the dye absorb. Then, just cover it and allow it to sit in the bath for one full week. Rinse with a garden hose, and you're done! I have also been able to lean the mixture of the black RiT dye just enough to simulate "raven" with a faded out gray carpet from my '85. The bath looked purple-ish (kind of like a squished blackberry), but that just caused the carpet to have the bluish hue that the raven seats have. Give it a try if you have no better options. I was pleased with the results.
:headbang Great tip
Miguel.
89 XR4Ti Monique; Waking up a real "Night/Mare-Coor".
T5, NPR IC, PIMP ECU, Walbro 255, Dual piston BOV, Manual BC, 3" exhaust, One piece Aluminum drive-shaft, mc2 LSD, Boport 1.5 cam, Ported and polish head, big valves, 80# injectors, Bob's log, (soon HY35).

DialM4Speed

Post by DialM4Speed » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:00 pm

Hmm interesting and there's no dye transfer once it dries? I would be concerned about dumping the dye mixture down the drain though but I guess it isn't that harmful. Anyway there's two options :)
86 XR4Ti - Port 'N' Polished SVO head w/ big exhaust valves - Ported E6 manifold - 3" Sac Mustang downpipe going into a Catco highflow cat & Magnaflow 3" inlet with dual 2.5" outlets!