Codes 82,83

XR4Ti / Sierra / Sierra Cosworth Discussions - Questions, problem resolution, general talk, technical tips and modifications.
Merkur Club web site
Choochoochoo
Level 4
Level 4

Codes 82,83

Post by Choochoochoo »

From what I'm reading in the book, 82 is related to a thermactor diverter, I'm guessing something that the turbo chicken I got the vam and eec from had, but my xr does not. How do I eliminate the code? Does it effect how my car runs? 83 was fans, egr, and something else that had been "eliminated" prior to the swap by unplugging the vacuum lines and electronics. I repurposed the vacuum lines to other things so there is no leak. Just trying to figure out why my car doesn't want to idle right. Other mods are A234, adjustable cam gear, walbro 255, 3"turbo back exhaust w/ no cats or muffler, cone filter, fmic, mbc set to 15lbs, rapido bpv, la3 and big vam, 9lb flywheel and spec stg 3 clutch. I've gone over all the intercooler piping, no leaks. Can't find any vacuum leaks, but the car smells like it's running rich, and likes to leave little black poofs out the back when you take off hard from idle, or any rpm below 3000. Any help is appreciated, still learning this car and would love to keep it around as long as possible. Thanks guys!
2000 Dodge Durango 5.9 (gone, and missed)
2008 Mercedes Benz R320CDI
1985 Merkur XR4Ti