Weighing options with exhaust

XR4Ti / Sierra / Sierra Cosworth Discussions - Questions, problem resolution, general talk, technical tips and modifications.
Merkur Club web site
BeefFajitas
Level 6
Level 6

Post by BeefFajitas »

I've got a Bob's elbow for sale.
-Nate
'85 Merk. Back together. Only thing stock is the head and block.
merkd-ya
Level 1
Level 1

Post by merkd-ya »

John Brennan wrote: Ix-nay on at-thay... it isn't the case. All else being equal, a single flows a little better than duals in this application.

Luke, since this thread goes back a ways, I presume you're onto the bennies of JVL's Cossie exhaust housing?
thanks for clearing that up for me, that going to save a lil' money 8)
-(o)
GeneticRehab
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GeneticRehab »

Well if you don't mind buying parts from the UK. I got a full SS flang bolt together 3 inch exhaust. it is mandral bent all the way threw. I paid 660$ shipped to my door. The company is Blueflame. I will posts pics of it some time this week.
Jason Liss
1989 XR Still in pieces

1986 XR Sold!
mikerobison
Level 2
Level 2

Post by mikerobison »

I am doing 3 inch DP and 3 inch w/o cat tail pipe (...you didn't read that) all mandrel bent from Stinger performance. To a flowmaster 40 series 2.5 inch Dual muffler with the rest crush bent. The set up before that was a stock DP with 3" w/out cat to dual outlet 2 1/4 " crush bent and it was amazing the performance increase.
http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/40_orig.html
jkxr4ti
Level 6
Level 6

Post by jkxr4ti »

Before you go with the Flowmaster 40 series look into the dynomax ultraflow models. I previously had an IMCO chambered unit that was very similar in construction to the flowmaster and it droned way too much for my taste. I just recently picked up a SS ultraflow from jegs and it sounds way better and is better flowing from the specs. Just my 2 cents.
Merkur....Its German for Mutt....Mustang, Saab, Volvo, Lincoln, Contour, Cummins... and the list goes on.

Jeremy Kemp

1988 XR4Ti Chestnut Brown/Spice Leather
MC2 Coilovers and Bushings, Contour Rims and Rotors, Ported Motorsport Head, Cosworth 4x4 Intercooler, Holset HY35 Turbo, 80LB Injectors, Megasquirt2 EFI
GeneticRehab
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GeneticRehab »

Sorry for the delay in the pic. Here it is.

Jason Liss
1989 XR Still in pieces

1986 XR Sold!