Merkur Depot Exhaust Fitment

XR4Ti / Sierra / Sierra Cosworth Discussions - Questions, problem resolution, general talk, technical tips and modifications.
Merkur Club web site
merkurdriver
Level 8

Merkur Depot Exhaust Fitment

Post by merkurdriver »

3" exhaust, the info is up on the site: http://merkur.50megs.com/photo2_4.html

The 3" exhaust uses all of the factory hangers. It hangs where the factory exhaust hangs. Downpipe bolts to the turbo where the stock downpipe bolts to the turbo. Downpipe uses the factory hanger on the trans mount crossmember...etc.
my8950
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Merkur Depot Exhaust Fitment

Post by my8950 »

merkurdriver wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 3:16 am

The 3" exhaust uses all of the factory hangers. It hangs where the factory exhaust hangs. Downpipe bolts to the turbo where the stock downpipe bolts to the turbo. Downpipe uses the factory hanger on the trans mount crossmember...etc.
Mike, the question about the exhaust was, is there a section missing where the catalyst goes? Or is the system complete from front to rear?
It would be helpful if you had a photo of the system installed with all parts that are included.
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

my8950 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 8:49 am
merkurdriver wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 3:16 am

Mike, the question about the exhaust was, is there a section missing where the catalyst goes? Or is the system complete from front to rear?
It would be helpful if you had a photo of the system installed with all parts that are included.
The page and the description of the product indicate that the catalytic converter is not included, and must be supplied by the buyer/installer. here's a good reference for some cats which will work well here:

https://www.stinger-performance.com/headerparts.html

Scroll down to the bottom of the page. Or, you may find a good, high-flow cat available from your friendly neighborhood muffler/speed shop.
This is my car, and these are my people!
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
my8950
Level 7
Level 7

Post by my8950 »

Alles Klar...
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

my8950 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 8:49 am the question about the exhaust was, is there a section missing where the catalyst goes? Or is the system complete from front to rear?
http://merkur.50megs.com/photo2_4.html :
"Connection between the downpipe and the "cat-back" system is at the owner's discretion. (There will be a void where the stock cat.converter resides)"

EDIT: Sorry, I just noticed JB already answered
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

merkurdriver wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:28 am EDIT: Sorry, I just noticed JB already answered
Hope you don't mind. It is a pleasure to assist those who have supported and served our community and our cars so well. :cheers
This is my car, and these are my people!
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

To clarify, the potentially serious buyer saw all available info about the SS exhaust, MD's site poop and YouTube video (nothing more was found). He wanted to see a complete installation from underneath (I didn't pay attention to his reasons).

It is a bit odd that a photo or better yet a video of the SS exhaust installed wasn't found...

YMMV
Descartes: "Cogito Ergo Sum"
Lijewski: "Sum Ergo Drive-O. Mucho!
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

John Brennan wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 11:05 am
merkurdriver wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:28 am EDIT: Sorry, I just noticed JB already answered
Hope you don't mind. It is a pleasure to assist those who have supported and served our community and our cars so well. :cheers
No, I certainly don't mind. I basically (immediately) typed out an identical response before scrolling down to see that you had already said the same thing.
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

Ed Lijewski wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:39 pm
It is a bit odd that a photo or better yet a video of the SS exhaust installed wasn't found...
Mandela Effect