omp sierra front strut brace

XR4Ti / Sierra / Sierra Cosworth Discussions - Questions, problem resolution, general talk, technical tips and modifications.
Merkur Club web site
MerkXRTurbo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by MerkXRTurbo »

I dunno, I think it would cause more problems with it rotated. Take a look at the pic, and you'll notice that the bar would go right through where the TB is now.
3" mandrel bent exhaust, Ported/Polished head, 1.89/1.57 valves, Gutted uppper/Knife edge lower intake, T3/T4, LA3, Big VAM, Cold air intake, 40bob header, Gillis valve, Forge BOV, Mustang SVO T5, Conquest intercooler, 20psi.
sidewaysxr
Level 5
Level 5

Post by sidewaysxr »

I may have read your post wrong, but if the bar goes right where the throttle body is now ( as in stock form), then rotated 110 degrees towards the front of the car ( beside the alternator) should get it out of the way if I figure correctly.
89 xr4ti
05 srt4
89 yamaha fzr400
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

If you have a rotated or plenum intake, congratulations! You may now fit the sway bar brace designed for the Cossies that goes STRAIGHT ACROSS-- no bends. Some of them are double-barred (there used to be a pic of one on Draken's site, but until they do good by Wilky, I wouldn't recommend the outfit). There are probably several UK-based sites that will have a pic or two.

A much more elegant and structurally advantageous solution, IMO.
This is my car, and these are my people!
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
MerkXRTurbo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by MerkXRTurbo »

Sorry. I meant now, thinking that you already had the rotated upper on it.
3" mandrel bent exhaust, Ported/Polished head, 1.89/1.57 valves, Gutted uppper/Knife edge lower intake, T3/T4, LA3, Big VAM, Cold air intake, 40bob header, Gillis valve, Forge BOV, Mustang SVO T5, Conquest intercooler, 20psi.
jason0heman
Level 1
Level 1

Re: omp sierra front strut brace

Post by jason0heman »

Hi guys,

I ordered a front strut bar from OMP and its definitely not the right one. Does not clear the TB/Intake. They sent me an email stating that they only have a strut bar MA1619 for the Sierra.

Would that be the correct one or not? I really dont want to get this one and realize its not correct.

They forwarded me a photo of it via email, but it still does not look like the one Mike McCreight has...

Any info would help.

Thanks,
Jason
Yockinator
Mike McCreight
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mike McCreight »

Mine came from BAT back in the day, when I heard they wouldn't be stocking them anymore. I wish I could help with the part number!
Over on MerkurSport Tim from OEM parthouse was importing OMP, he might be able to help with numbers.
If you get stuck, I'd be willing to sell mine, but I imagine shipping would be a bitc#.
It's not a hobby, it's an obsession!
saleen322
Level 1
Level 1

Post by saleen322 »

jason0heman wrote:Hi guys,

I ordered a front strut bar from OMP and its definitely not the right one. Does not clear the TB/Intake. They sent me an email stating that they only have a strut bar MA1619 for the Sierra.

Would that be the correct one or not? I really dont want to get this one and realize its not correct.

They forwarded me a photo of it via email, but it still does not look like the one Mike McCreight has...

Any info would help.

Thanks,
Jason
Mine is labeled MA 1616. While it looks correct when I lay it out, I can't swear to it as I only have one shock tower mount. Hope this helps.

jasonty
Level 6
Level 6

Post by jasonty »

http://www.ompamerica.com/product_info. ... cts_id/307

This is the correct one for a stock XR4Ti 2.3l engine bay. This bar is for a Sierra V6 though. If you have room (EGR/AC lines) may interfere, the proper way is to run it along the firewall (like the pic). However, it's more commonly reversed for our cars.
jason yancey
stephens city va
87XR-88XR
NOVAMOG

"as long as you keep picking on me I will tend to mad post about me getting mad......"
jason0heman
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jason0heman »

OK thanks guys...

Have to see if I can exchange the incorrect one.
Yockinator
jason0heman
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jason0heman »

Well, thanks for the info guys. Turns out OMP does not manufacture the MA1616 anymore...

After a tough battle with them and OMP contacting their home base in Italy, turns out no more and none will be avail :(

Anyone know of another strut bar that will fit our cars? Or is someone selling one or have an OMP they are looking to release?

Help! Thanks.
Yockinator
GPz11
Level 6
Level 6

Post by GPz11 »

So do you currently have the MA/1619?

That "might" work with a rotated intake.

If you had the 1619, I'd be willing to see if it would fit my car and swap you the old style bar that I have.
jason0heman
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jason0heman »

Thanks for the reply GPz11

The one that OMP sent me is actually the MA1660...

I didnt think finding a strut bar would be so hard!
Yockinator
GPz11
Level 6
Level 6

Post by GPz11 »

Ah, OK.

Put up a wanted post and one will pop up I'm sure.
jason0heman
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jason0heman »

ok thanks for the help!
Yockinator