Finaly did something on the XR

XR4Ti / Sierra / Sierra Cosworth Discussions - Questions, problem resolution, general talk, technical tips and modifications.
Merkur Club web site
MerkXRTurbo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by MerkXRTurbo »

Yes, the M3 is/always has been a 6.
3" mandrel bent exhaust, Ported/Polished head, 1.89/1.57 valves, Gutted uppper/Knife edge lower intake, T3/T4, LA3, Big VAM, Cold air intake, 40bob header, Gillis valve, Forge BOV, Mustang SVO T5, Conquest intercooler, 20psi.
xr4time
Level 2
Level 2

Post by xr4time »

John Brennan wrote:Bernoulli's Principle, to which I believe you're referring, is of course what makes airplanes fly, etc., and does play a role here. But mind you, Wilky has a Cossie grille, so his IC is getting a direct shot of virgin, high-pressure air through that and over the top of the shorty rad. It will be best, of course, if there's some sort of splitter between the rad and the IC, a la the original RS Cossie, to ensure that no pre-heated, post-rad air gets drawn up through the IC.
Thanks John for the correction, but hey I was typing on the fly and trying to get ready for work, as I am now. At least I was close and didn't say versacci, HUH :oops: but like I said I would really love to see the car so that I can get a better idea of how it will work. I know that the little imports have a bad problem with heat soak especially if they are sitting, but then again they have the IC sitting directly above the engine.
Wandering in search of...
MerkXRTurbo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by MerkXRTurbo »

xr4time wrote: At least I was close and didn't say versacci
"Hey, it's me Versacci. Whoops! Somebody shot me! But I was just checking the mail. Get it? Checking the male?" -Eminem

:lol: :lol: :lol:
3" mandrel bent exhaust, Ported/Polished head, 1.89/1.57 valves, Gutted uppper/Knife edge lower intake, T3/T4, LA3, Big VAM, Cold air intake, 40bob header, Gillis valve, Forge BOV, Mustang SVO T5, Conquest intercooler, 20psi.
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

xr4time wrote:
John Brennan wrote:Bernoulli's Principle, to which I believe you're referring, is of course what makes airplanes fly, etc., and does play a role here. But mind you, Wilky has a Cossie grille, so his IC is getting a direct shot of virgin, high-pressure air through that and over the top of the shorty rad. It will be best, of course, if there's some sort of splitter between the rad and the IC, a la the original RS Cossie, to ensure that no pre-heated, post-rad air gets drawn up through the IC.
Thanks John for the correction, but hey I was typing on the fly and trying to get ready for work, as I am now. At least I was close and didn't say versacci, HUH :oops: but like I said I would really love to see the car so that I can get a better idea of how it will work. I know that the little imports have a bad problem with heat soak especially if they are sitting, but then again they have the IC sitting directly above the engine.
Wasn't trying to correct YOU, just happened to remember the name, and put it in for clarification. I get things wrong, too, and when I do, please correct me, because the goal is to have accurate info, not to "one-up" anybody.
This is my car, and these are my people!
1989 XR4Ti 5-Speed
2001 BMW Z3 3.0i 5-Speed
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
XR4Timan
Level 5
Level 5

Post by XR4Timan »

5 words:

Show Us The Intercooler Setup!
1986 Sierra Cosworth
http://www.geocities.com/merouby
xr4time
Level 2
Level 2

Post by xr4time »

Thanks any way :lol: :lol: :lol: now, show us the intercooler setup!!!
Wandering in search of...
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

MerkXRTurbo wrote:Yes, the M3 is/always has been a 6.
What about the 2.5L fours they had in the M3's of the 80's? ;)
Instagram @colinrdoyle
89 Scorpio 2300-16V // 07 F-650 Cummins // 00 Beetle TDI
File to fit, paint to match.
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

I was referring to recent/current versions of the M3, as stated. I know the original was a four. Wouldn't mind having any one of them. I've driven the E36 on the track; it's a sweet car, but to be candid, it understeers a little too much on tight, twisty tracks to suit me. For autocrossing, I'd go same size F/R on tires (as the original E36's did).
This is my car, and these are my people!
1989 XR4Ti 5-Speed
2001 BMW Z3 3.0i 5-Speed
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
wilky
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wilky »

Chuck W wrote:Any underside pics?
Not as pretty as the other side but here it is.

Wilky

Seeking relationship with sexy lady Merkur owner (send pic of Merkur).
Chuck W
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Chuck W »

wilky wrote:
Chuck W wrote:Any underside pics?
Not as pretty as the other side but here it is.

Wilky
[Mr. Burns voice] Excellent[/Mr. Burns voice]
"Strange women, lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power is derived from a mandate from the masses, not from some farsical aquatic ceremony."
wilky
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wilky »

AlexD wrote:Nefty, and do I see cossie in back round :lol:
Nope, thats my XR pretending to be a Cossie!!

Wilky
wilky
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wilky »

AlexD wrote:Yeah soon to be mine
Best offer so far is $20k - are you saying your going to top that??

Wilky