It's Hip to be Square (Headlight/Grille Swap) Updated Pics!

XR4Ti / Sierra / Sierra Cosworth Discussions - Questions, problem resolution, general talk, technical tips and modifications.
Merkur Club web site
ronarnold
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ronarnold »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote: Man, I did not need another project. Is it any wonder that I'm not married??? :evil:
Good luck with that project Brad. Lots of time on your hands eh? 8)
Ron in Royal Oak
Merkur days past...
Scooters now
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

You suck Ron! :twisted: The funny part is, I had to check to make sure I didn't actually write what you "quoted" me as saying!

I'd love to have some spare time - I might actually FINISH some projects. But I think I have Automotive ADD ...AADD??? :?
thesameguy
Level 7
Level 7

Post by thesameguy »

Oh no you di'in't!!!!
logic
Level 3
Level 3

Post by logic »

People, it's just PLASTIC! What the hell does it matter whether it came from a Pontiac or a friggin Yugo or a Ferrari? I say if Brad can make it work -- more power to him!

BTW -- I'm still workin' on that Photochop for ya, Brad. I haven't forgotten. Just been busy.
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Not to worry Lev - the nay-sayers only motivate me to get it done. (Note, Ryan Mattson has sworn he will hunt me down if I ever say "Git R dun" again). :haha

No hurry on the Photochop. I don't know if we're going to sway too many opinions! 8)
Chuck W
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Chuck W »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote:I'd love to have some spare time - I might actually FINISH some projects. But I think I have Automotive ADD ...AADD??? :?
I know I do.....I actually like having projects to jump between.....alot of the time you come to a point in a project where the budget has dried up, but you have time on your hands. There is always something else to do that only requires time... ;)
"Strange women, lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power is derived from a mandate from the masses, not from some farsical aquatic ceremony."
merkurmaniac
Level 5
Level 5

Post by merkurmaniac »

My garage is a bottomless pit of carparts and unfinished projects. If I had food and water and no job, I could spend years in there, i bet. I prolly am a textbook case of A.D.D. and I know that I have spent evenings just cleaning stuff and trying to make some order from the chaos. I am not a neat freak, as one friend of mine at work said "Richard, it looks like a car threw up in your garage."

Having several irons in the fire helps keep things moving and keeps them interesting. That way too, if I broke some cheesy plastic guide clips on my XR door lock rods, i can move onto something else, while I try to get the parts I need.
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Interesting to note that both Chuck and Richard are quick to rationalize their AADD, much as an alcoholic might say, "But I actually do my best work when I have a buzz on." :twisted: :haha Maybe I should start up a new support forum for us - damn, looks like AADD.org has already been claimed by Atlanta Alliance on Developmental Disabilities - oh well....
:cheers :mrgreen:
merkurmaniac
Level 5
Level 5

Post by merkurmaniac »

Whatever the URL, it better be concise.
Specktor
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Specktor »

personally I think its an interesting project. I wonder if there is a guy over at some grandprix forum trying to fit a nose off xr4 to his car. And if some gm guys are getting their pantys in a bunch over it. LOL
88 maroon xr4ti,
88 xr4ti now blue.
88 xr4ti black,
88 xr4ti red,
88 xr4ti white.
Can I stop now I'm broke.
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Specktor wrote:personally I think its an interesting project. I wonder if there is a guy over at some grandprix forum trying to fit a nose off xr4 to his car. And if some gm guys are getting their pantys in a bunch over it. LOL
I actually signed up for a GM forum so that I could find some info on lighting upgrades. (Yea, I know, I haven't even gotten them installed, and I'm looking to upgrade them - it's a sickness, what can I tell you?). But any way, I figured I'd get a verbal beating from someone when I showed them my plans, but they were pretty civil and even somewhat helpful.
Specktor
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Specktor »

Just goes to prove car guys or girls are just interested in what can be done, not just what car its being done to.
88 maroon xr4ti,
88 xr4ti now blue.
88 xr4ti black,
88 xr4ti red,
88 xr4ti white.
Can I stop now I'm broke.
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

I dunno.. I just think that Pontiac front end looks kinda cool, regardless of the crapheap it was originally installed upon. :?

Colin
Instagram @colinrdoyle
89 Scorpio 2300-16V // 07 F-650 Cummins // 00 Beetle TDI
File to fit, paint to match.
turbofan
Level 7
Level 7

Post by turbofan »

Colin wrote:I dunno.. I just think that Pontiac front end looks kinda cool, regardless of the crapheap it was originally installed upon. :?

Colin
i concur. :P
Ed (yep, another Ed....)

THEY ALL (except partsie) RUN!

http://www.cardomain.com/id/turbofan
thesameguy
Level 7
Level 7

Post by thesameguy »

turbofan wrote:i concur. :P
I'd also say that I don't think the Pontiac heap was that much of a heap. A friend of mine had one and aside from being pretty crazy fast (especially in its day) it was very comfortable, and an easy going long distance cruiser. It was very reliable, and never gave any problems. Best quality? No. Best materials? No. But from a nuts & bolts perspective a pretty good ride...