source for timing belt tensioner roller

XR4Ti / Sierra / Sierra Cosworth Discussions - Questions, problem resolution, general talk, technical tips and modifications.
Merkur Club web site
pyropete125
Level 7
Level 7

source for timing belt tensioner roller

Post by pyropete125 »

anybody have a source for the roller part of the timing belt tensioner? i want to make my own... yeah i know, but its for a b234f head, different than any that have been made.

anyways i know what a racer walsh looks like and an esslinger and im looking for the the roller part only.

anybody have any other parts about the same size and as heavy duty?

im all ears

thanks,
pete
89 xr4ti, LOTS'O'MODS. PICS OF MY XR, FOLVO STUFF, AND...
boostfiend
Level 4
Level 4

Re: source for timing belt tensioner roller

Post by boostfiend »

pyropete125 wrote:anybody have a source for the roller part of the timing belt tensioner? i want to make my own... yeah i know, but its for a b234f head, different than any that have been made.

anyways i know what a racer walsh looks like and an esslinger and im looking for the the roller part only.

anybody have any other parts about the same size and as heavy duty?

im all ears

thanks,
pete
Try speedway. They carry some good looking stuff!
Jon Moore - Daskustomwerk - Yakima WA

- Turbocharged machine creates another fiend -
boostfiend
Level 4
Level 4

Post by boostfiend »

Jon Moore - Daskustomwerk - Yakima WA

- Turbocharged machine creates another fiend -
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Pete- I'm thinking you might be best off going to a bearing supply house that could let you select from a variety of different bearings.

Alternatively, you could try to go down the automotive supplier route, but it might be a bit of the "tail wagging the dog" scenario. But here's one I'm familair with that might fit the requirement. It's a Fiat timing belt bearing, p/n 4178014. It's a very good quality double-row bearing - I've actually used it for other than it's intended purposes and it's worked flawlessly. Here's a link to exploded diagram, so you'll see it's the type of "stand-alone" bearing that I think you're looking for...

http://www.mirafiori.com/model/tbelt/
Brad
pyropete125
Level 7
Level 7

Post by pyropete125 »

nice! just what im looking for...

any other good P/N and similar styles?

thanks,
pete
89 xr4ti, LOTS'O'MODS. PICS OF MY XR, FOLVO STUFF, AND...
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

pyropete125 wrote:any other good P/N and similar styles?
Nope, that was the only one I knew of off-hand that fit what I thought you were looking for. It's got a reasonably large center hole, so it should be adaptable to a lot of applications by making a custom bushing to fit your application. Off the top of my head, I'd say the O.D. is around 2". If you want to take a shot, this guy usually has them on hand for a very reasonable ~$30 or so.

http://www.fiatparts.com/
Brad