PIR/SIR

Discussion of track events (road and drag strip), that Merkurs may participate in.
Merkur Club web site
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

Hope I can make it, as my prophecy of not being able to get the day off last time was self-fulfilling. Of course, I was the New Guy, but things have changed a little since then. Let's do hope the weather cooperates! 8)
This is my car, and these are my people!
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
JediTalen
Level 3
Level 3

Bremerton Racing Events 2006

Post by JediTalen »

The Calender for next year is just coming out but I have the dates for the first couple of Events at Bremerton for those who may wish to come out

Torque Steerers is Sponsoring the WWSCC Slush 2 Event on February 12th And ACE is Running Slush 3 on the 26th. I don't yet have all the details for these events but I do know that the ACE event is open only to members of one of the WWSCC affiliated clubs (like BSCC For example) Club membership (in BSCC for example) costs only about $30/year and (once again at BSCC) includes a free event entry (Usually about $25) and discounnt at BSCC events sit pays for itsself rather quickly
BSCC's autocross school and first event are slated for March 18 & 19 and will be open to all comers. For more information see www.wwscc.org or www.bscc.net. It is still pretty early for most of these sites to have been updated but I expect that after the holidays we'll see them brought up to speed. When I have more information I'll post it here!
Im Looking forward to seeing at least 3 XR's on a regular basis this season! I would like to see more!

Happy Yule Everyone!
No-really I can stop bringing home XR4's whenever I want....

I um......sorta.....um.....like....have seven now.....and a couple Scorpios....
JediTalen
Level 3
Level 3

Re Edit!

Post by JediTalen »

Just when I thought it was safe to go back in the water.....

It seems that there has been a correction to the WWSCC Calender which now shows the First Autocross of the western washington season as being in EVERETT on January 22 :oops: :cry: :x Sorry about the confusion, but they didn't correct it until today despite my posting and emailing for information over a week ago.... :x :x :x

So it looks like we are back to Feb 12 to kick off the local season here in Bummertown

JediTalen
Level 3
Level 3

Everett Washington Autocross Event Attn: John Brennan!

Post by JediTalen »

UWFSAE Dawg Sled
Co-sponsored by BEAC
Who: UW Formula SAE

Event Date: January 22, 2005

Entry Information:

150 event cap for pre-registration, no club membership required

Pre-register and pre-pay: $25

Pre-register and pay onsite: $25

Register onsite and pay onsite: $30

No pre-registered double-entries, limited double-entries may be available at the event.

Mailing address for payments (Must be received by Friday, January 20th):

UWFSAE
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Box 352600
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-2600

* Important note: Each competitor is required to have in their possession their own copy of the current rulebook (2005 WWSCC). If you do not have one you are required to purchase one in order to compete. The cost is an additional $5.00 and can be purchased at the registration booth on the day of the event. People who purchase a 2005 rulebook will get a free copy of the 2006 rulebook when it is available.

As always, spectators are welcome (all must sign a waiver, of course.)

Event Details:

We will offer rent-a-students to preform your work assignment for the price of just $20
Schedule:

AM Registration
7:30a-8:30a

AM Tech
7:30a-8:35a

AM Driver's Meeting
08:45a

First car on course
09:00a

PM Registration
11:30a-12:30p

PM Tech
11:30a-12:35p

PM Driver's Meeting
12:45p

First car on course
1:00p

Run Groups:

AM
Run 1, Work 2: TBD

Run 2, Work 1: TBD

PM
Run 1, Work 2: TBD

Run 2, Work 1: TBD

Event Chairs: Denny Trimble ( dennyt@u.washington.edu and Travis Garrison travisg@u.washington.edu)

Course Design: Denny Trimble

After Event Social: TBD

Notes:

Please Note: Passengers are not allowed under WWSCC insurance. If a new novice gets lost on course, we can provide an experienced instructor.

JediTalen
Level 3
Level 3

Event Information for February 12

Post by JediTalen »

John, and anyone else who is interested here is the information for the first Autocross Event this year at Bremerton. Note that this is a "closed" event in that it requires that participants be a member of one of the WWSCC affiliated clubs:

Torque Steerers “Conesiclesâ€

JediTalen
Level 3
Level 3

BSCC Autocross School

Post by JediTalen »

The Spring 2006 BSCC Autocross School is scheduled for March 12th.
Other than the date I suspect the information hasn't changed much from what I posted in October but when I get the actual posting I'll put it up!

Added 1/26/05 BSCC Novice Handbook:
http://www.bscc.net/images/publications ... ndbook.pdf

The event on Feburary 19th is a Practice day, not a school, but you are welcome nonetheless!