OPMD rips off merkur owners

Discussion of events in the Northeast, roughly defined as Washington D.C to Eastern Canada
Merkur Club web site
randolph10

OPMD rips off merkur owners

Post by randolph10 »

I purchased a heater core from Phil At OPMD , after 2 1/2 months of excuses and run around he now wont return a call, answer an email or refund my $133.00
I would suggest not buying from this guy - Not a very honest individual.
Maybe if he sees this he will respond , but I doubt it.
bw_krupp
Level 4
Level 4

Post by bw_krupp »

I'm sorry to be skeptical, but as your only three posts are exactly the same, and hence are spam, I can hardly call your standing in the community credible. I have never had any problems with Phil, and have always received parts within a week or so. I even had him email me to apologize because he didn't have the NOS part listed on the website, but did have a reproduction and wanted to make sure it was ok before he mailed it. So again, I personally have never had any troubles with a member in good standing with the community and have not yet heard an introduction from yourself, other than a rant that may not be justified. Welcome newbie.
MerlinMerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Post by MerlinMerkur »

Yeah... I have ordered dozens of times from Phil and have never had problems. It has been quite some time but contrary to popular cliche, you cannot teach an old dog new tricks, and I imagine - once an honest business, always an honest business. Phil would have absolutely NO reason to cheek your piddly 133$ when he does thousands of business monthly? to other Merkur owners who likely have read your posts.
Phil is not that stupid me thinks?
~Travis
87.5 Mono XR- LA3, FMIC, Adj Cam, Gillis, CAI/Cone, +15% rates - Koni adj, Coss frnt/rr sways, rr brc., Ported manis, 3" DP w/dualz, PBRs, rear disks and enough gadjets and switches to make Batman jealous! And more comin! Speak up.
MerkurScorpio
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MerkurScorpio »

Phil's always been great to me too. He's gone above and beyond for me on several occasions and I'd vouch for him any day of the week. OPMD.com is a great company with great products and service, so anyone reading this should not hesitate for a moment to buy from OPMD!
Last edited by MerkurScorpio on Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Paul-Michael Van Hook, Northeastern PA
'89 Merkur Scorpio "HookSport"

Paul-Aaron Zachary Van Hook is one year old! Born 11/4/2009!

My Facebook page
xrian
Level 7
Level 7

Post by xrian »

10 years + of buying parts from Phil and never a problem.

You did something wrong.
Ian G-J
Ontario, Canada