Possible summer/early autumn meet at Mirabel Airport

Discussion of events in the Northeast, roughly defined as Washington D.C to Eastern Canada
Merkur Club web site
lucky87
Level 3
Level 3

Possible summer/early autumn meet at Mirabel Airport

Post by lucky87 »

Hello!
I originally posted on merkursport to see if there are any xrs in my area. but then i got the idea to maybe try and organize a small meet at mirabel airport/track in montreal sometime during the summer. Just sending a feeler out and i would definitely be interested. I just want to figure out what date would be good for people. so far as a vague figure i was thinking about mid august or early to mid september.

Taken from CircuitlCAR website:
LAPPING NIGHTS :: EVERY TUESDAY FROM 5PM TO 10PM
Are you ready for and ultimate driving experience? Club International Sport Automobile (CISA) has car racer fans covered with our exclusive Lapping Night sessions. Can you imagine yourself pushing the limits of your own car in the challenging twists and turns? All of this and more is available to you in an advanced and controlled environment at ICAR's 3 km ASN/FIA approved car circuits, the ultimate motorsport complex circuit in Canada. Strap yourself to an extreme adrenaline rush!

Cost :: $30$ (taxes included) per 20 minute session
CISA membership :: 50$ (plus applicable taxes) per year

First time lapping? In order to ensure a safe and secure environment during our lapping nights, Circuit ICAR has put together an introductory course. This course will provide you with the fundamentals of high performance driving and make you feel more comfortable on our track. It is beginning of your journey as a driver.

INTRODUCTORY SPECIAL
For only $199 (plus applicable taxes) you will receive ::
2 hour training course ($199 value) including theory session on high performance driving followed by 10 laps behind the pace car.
Year membership with Club CISA ($50 value)
Unlimited lapping sessions for the rest of the night (approximate value $90)
* Reservation mandatory for the introductory course.

here is a link
http://www.circuiticar.com/main.cfm?l=e ... 310&id1=14
the company that operates out of mirabel

http://merkursport.com/index.php?showto ... omsearch=1
original thread.
lucky87
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Possible summer/early autumn meet at Mirabel Airport

Post by lucky87 »

As you may have guessed, this isn't happening. Lack of interest so far/lack of merkurs. Maybe something else can be set up in the spring?
blugg
Level 7
Level 7

Post by blugg »

spring coming in quick!! chime in
Jeff
lucky87
Level 3
Level 3

Post by lucky87 »

Still a noticed lack of interest. :( I have seen a couple merkurs up for sale on kijiji lately. Maybe people are moving on to "sensible" projects hahahaha.
LaurentD

Post by LaurentD »

lucky87 wrote:Still a noticed lack of interest. :( I have seen a couple merkurs up for sale on kijiji lately. Maybe people are moving on to "sensible" projects hahahaha.
Hey, with Merkurs for sale comes new owners :D . I would be inn for a meet sometime this summer! I have not had the time to go though the car yet, so I wouldn't put it on the track right now, but might do it sometime this season.