Leavenworth Drive...... Who's in

Discussion of events in the Pacific Northwest, including Western Canada.
Merkur Club web site
JOSHUATREEE
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Leavenworth Drive...... Who's in

Post by JOSHUATREEE »

okay boys and girls, here is the plan. our party needs to be in contact with your party when you guys are getting close to town, say around 30 miles out then again at ten miles out then again right before you hit town. that will give us enough time to get ready so that when you guys see Adams car you can slow down like you would be stopping for some one crossing the road. our four cars can hoop in front. Adam knows where the good parking spots are so he will lead the way threw town.
the farther you guys are in the pack the better chances we will have getting to park together. it would be cool if you were in the front 100. if you guys can do that then we will do our part and be ready in our cars waiting when you show up. my number is 509-951-3255 xrattiracer i beleave you know Chris in our party. dont care who calls who but we need to know when to get ready.
if you google map leavenworth the first road you will come to is icicle RD, we will be there or one of the fallowing parking lots like the icicle resort. if we cant find a parking spot in the parking lot of the resort we will just park behind cars and hope no one needs to get out. which wont be a problem being that we will be right there to move for them.
i font think that it will be to much of a problem if we stay in contact. and you do your best to be infront of the pack.

if any one wants to abject and not think this will work then us four will just find parking spots and see you around. im not going to be a dick and tell other cars "hey you cant park here there are other mekurs showing up"....................lets make this happin
<-Josh Andrea->
----MAAAAAD----
xrattiracer
Level 7
Level 7

Post by xrattiracer »

where we are in the pack will not be up to us for the most part, they organize things in a strict fashion as far as parking and leaving the parking lot on this side. in fact, I would prefer to wait until most of them have left, as some nasty things tend to happen on the highway within a large group. I really dont want to stereotype here, but this particular crowd does have a lot of younger participants in it, and many of them feel the need to prove something. waiting is really the only choice we have.
86 Silver XR4Ti. 'squirted. 12.7@111
03 VW Golf tdi
05 Yamaha FZ6
adamt85
Level 4
Level 4

Post by adamt85 »

We could get the best spots on main street but anyone coming over the mountain wont.. alot of places there get pissy if you park in there lots if your not staying at there hotel or eating at the restruant. so i think meet at safeway and we can cruise through town before we leave. that is what i did last year. I found a place in town to park blocks away behind some store. its a small town thats already packed, add a bunch of cars and its really crazy.. :shock: when i meet up with josh tomorrow we can go scout a location possibly in leavenworth.
89 5spd white xr4ti-wrecked
88 white cosified xr4ti
thebronze
Level 7
Level 7

Post by thebronze »

xrattiracer wrote:where we are in the pack will not be up to us for the most part, they organize things in a strict fashion as far as parking and leaving the parking lot on this side. in fact, I would prefer to wait until most of them have left, as some nasty things tend to happen on the highway within a large group. I really dont want to stereotype here, but this particular crowd does have a lot of younger participants in it, and many of them feel the need to prove something. waiting is really the only choice we have.

:withstupid
Yup... Last yr We we're in the last 3/4 of the cars leaving the lot and We nearly got rear ended more than a few times. :puke .. I saw more crashes by participants speeding and acting like a$shats than I could count on both hands and feet :shock: .... My XR is a POS... but it's MY RIDE HOME !!!!!!

:cheers
Kevin
88 VW Cabby...........Starbucks poses by ME
Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid.
-John Wayne
JOSHUATREEE
Level 2
Level 2

Post by JOSHUATREEE »

Thanks for enlightening me. If you would rather wait tell the big crowd takes off I fully under stand. The last thing that needs to happin is one of our cars get hit. Adam and us will just have to see about getting some good spots. And we will meat up with you guys later. Drive safe everyone!!!
<-Josh Andrea->
----MAAAAAD----