"Ray's AKA demonfire's XR4Ti build up"

Documenting your big project with photos/videos? Have photos/videos to share of anything Merkur related? Place your links to photos and videos here. Please - Merkurs and Merkur-related pictures only. Cosworths welcome!!
Carlisle and event related pictures are to be placed in the relevant section under 'Events'.
Merkur Club web site
Marc
Level 1
Level 1

Re: "Ray's AKA demonfire's XR4Ti build up"

Post by Marc »

It indeed as a big improvement. The standard rear beam gives way too much camber increase, which reduces the traction in a straight line. But the bump steer on the standard beam is even worse, it makes the car understeer quite a lot.
Ray
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Ray »

Hey ya'll, good morning - figured i'd mosey my way back to the forums (thanks Mark for helping me get back online here).

I don't know why i had a notification from this thread when logging back in, but it's as good a place as any.
-Ray
1985 Ford F150 - Tow Missile
1985 Merkur XR4Ti -#141 CP "Miss Daisy"
2005 Subaru LGT
http://www.cartct.com
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Post by andyofcolumbusmerkur »

Thanks for not choosing photobucket :D
The best way to keep your Kia from being stolen is to not have a Kia.
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Maybe you can re-post anything you linked to that no longer exists. If you have the photos someplace. I like the exhaust work.
Ray
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Ray »

God, i'll have to look - i lost my old computer and thousands of images (and years of research on microbiology and presentations on soil ecology). I can take as many new pictures as you want from current, but the amount of custom stuff / home made stuff / etc is hard to explain. Even scrolling thru this post, i forget half of what I did...

Daisy isn't a car designed for street duty, obviously, so a lot of what was / is done - wasn't designed for comfort. She's designed to make me giggle.

That half shafts are stock. :lol:
-Ray
2005 Subaru LGT
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Ray wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:54 am God, i'll have to look - i lost my old computer and thousands of images (and years of research on microbiology and presentations on soil ecology).....
Have you ever seen those companies (advertised in the back of computer magazines) that do data recovery? You can mail them a non-functioning hard drive and they can take it apart and recover your data. Not sure if it is that important or possible in your case.
Ray
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Ray »

My friend owns Logistics CT - he has my drive and the place he trusts would charge upward of 1500 bucks - which i don't have right now, so he's just holding the drive for the time being. He tried to get thru into it (he's really, really, good) and recommended a specific place that he trusts. As for now, i'm just trying to make ends meet until that arrives. I reckon, it's good to sometimes just start over with a new, sober, chapter of my life anyway.
-Ray
2005 Subaru LGT