how many merkurs cashed in C4C?

Documenting your big project with photos/videos? Have photos/videos to share of anything Merkur related? Place your links to photos and videos here. Please - Merkurs and Merkur-related pictures only. Cosworths welcome!!
Carlisle and event related pictures are to be placed in the relevant section under 'Events'.
Merkur Club web site
pyropete125
Level 7
Level 7

how many merkurs cashed in C4C?

Post by pyropete125 »

http://www.cars.gov/files/official-info ... hicles.pdf

more scorpios than xr4ti :(

im not sure how though.... theres even a gnx that was traded in by the list :(
89 xr4ti, LOTS'O'MODS. PICS OF MY XR, FOLVO STUFF, AND...
xr4man
Level 6
Level 6

Post by xr4man »

now how in the hell can you trade in a 2006 corolla in this program? i don't even think that a '76 corolla gets bad enough gas mileage to trade in let alone a 2006.
ian the re-animator
hEaT
Level 7
Level 7

Post by hEaT »

{%@ the GNX, how do you trade in a DB7????

Bunch of SHO Taurus' on there too :(
Joe
1985 Nimbus Grey XR
2002 SVT Focus
2017 Ford Focus RS
SARON81
Level 5
Level 5

Post by SARON81 »

hEaT wrote:{%@ the GNX, how do you trade in a DB7????

Bunch of SHO Taurus' on there too :(
Something's not right on there.
No way someone trades in a $100,000 car for a $4,500 credit.
Same thing with the Toyota Ian mentioned... same thing with the Aspires on the list.
pyropete125
Level 7
Level 7

Post by pyropete125 »

yes i dunno about it. it was forwarded to me from a friend on a 300zx list.

pete
89 xr4ti, LOTS'O'MODS. PICS OF MY XR, FOLVO STUFF, AND...
Stargazer7467
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Stargazer7467 »

wonder who the douche that traded in his GMC Typhoon was
Raze
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Raze »

HY35w, FMIC & BOV, 3" exhaust, 75#/hr, 255lph, MegaSquirt-I V3 w/3bar, T5, 4-point roll bar, rear strut brace, gutted, lexan windows and sunroof, Odyssey PC680, Koni + Ground Control (7" 250#/in) front, KYB (8.5" 600#/in) rear, TC rear brakes
pacwest
Level 5
Level 5

Post by pacwest »

I imagine a lot of those cars are cars that have been seriously ratbagged or they were crashed cars with no insurance. Might as well get the rebate cash rather than trying to part it out for another couple years.

The DB7 points to that.

Someone stores it, flood, no insurance.
Someone crashes it, no or invalid insurance.

When we travel to America we are always floored at how many cars that are only a couple years old are just RAGGED. Dents on every panel, rusting, smoky. Some Americans are hard on cars or people just drive 'em into the ground sometimes. With rims. Lol.
BeefFajitas
Level 6
Level 6

Post by BeefFajitas »

A trade-in needed to be registered, insured, and operational to qualify. You couldn't just drop something off on a flat bed.
-Nate
'85 Merk. Back together. Only thing stock is the head and block.
pacwest
Level 5
Level 5

Post by pacwest »

Oh I know, trust me. Eith 330 million people down there, the chances are someone has a nice Aston Martin sitting around that was crashed with plates on it - DUI.

2006 Corolla? Beat to hell, dead head hasket. Bald tires, trans is not shifting right. 200,000 miles. We've all seen cars like this.
BeefFajitas
Level 6
Level 6

Post by BeefFajitas »

pacwest wrote:Oh I know, trust me. Eith 330 million people down there, the chances are someone has a nice Aston Martin sitting around that was crashed with plates on it - DUI.

2006 Corolla? Beat to hell, dead head hasket. Bald tires, trans is not shifting right. 200,000 miles. We've all seen cars like this.
Touche.
-Nate
'85 Merk. Back together. Only thing stock is the head and block.
whitelx
Level 7
Level 7

Post by whitelx »

pacwest wrote: 2006 Corolla? Beat to hell, dead head hasket. Bald tires, trans is not shifting right. 200,000 miles. We've all seen cars like this.
yes, but a corolla didn't qualify for the program, it gets too good of fuel economy.
1986 XR4Ti - 294rwhp/315ft-lbs
1992 Mustang 5.0 notch - 434rwhp/445ft-lbs
http://www.youtube.com/user/whitelx
AMXSC
Level 3
Level 3

Post by AMXSC »

So what's the point of Cash for Clunkers?

Most people that don't buy new cars/trucks don't buy because the cost of the payments, gas, repairs and insurance. So now the government destroys all these affordable cars and trucks. So what does that do for the economy because without these affordable cars and trucks. People that could have bought them can't, and It's not likely they will be able to step up to buy a new vehicle either because of how bad the economy is.

What about the people that traded cars and trucks in on this program? If they finance to buy them now they are suck in debt so they have less money to spend in the economy on other things.

This is what people should understand about debt. Debt is based on a french word and it's meaning is death pledge. Like as in the death of the economy. So is the point of this program to put the last nail in the coffin of the economy?

I just wonder how many decades it will be before our economy starts to recover?

What really gets me is that if the American auto industry is dead. Why don't the car manufactures cut prices on the vehicles they are selling to increase sales? Is it greed?
1988 Merkur Xr4ti
1985 SVO Mustang
1985.5 SVO Mustang
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

AMXSC wrote:So what's the point of Cash for Clunkers?
To insidously promote, advance and imbed autonomic dependency among shallow thinking citizens on government largesse--using money taken from other people--as the band-aid to every issue.

YMMV 8)
Descartes: "Cogito Ergo Sum"
Lijewski: "Sum Ergo Drive-O. Mucho!
pacwest
Level 5
Level 5

Post by pacwest »

whitelx wrote:
pacwest wrote: 2006 Corolla? Beat to hell, dead head hasket. Bald tires, trans is not shifting right. 200,000 miles. We've all seen cars like this.
yes, but a corolla didn't qualify for the program, it gets too good of fuel economy.
Ever worked at a dealership? I have worked for several. I'm not surprised at anything. There is always "a way to do something" in the car business.