These are my projects,my belove XR4Ti. Old ones but mine.lol

Documenting your big project with photos/videos? Have photos/videos to share of anything Merkur related? Place your links to photos and videos here. Please - Merkurs and Merkur-related pictures only. Cosworths welcome!!
Carlisle and event related pictures are to be placed in the relevant section under 'Events'.
Merkur Club web site
In XS 7
Level 7
Level 7

Re: These are my projects,my belove XR4Ti. Old ones but mine

Post by In XS 7 »

Here you can see the edge of one of the metal sheets and the piece of angle I used to form the edge at the bottom where the rocker cladding will attach.

Miguel.
89 XR4Ti Monique; Waking up a real "Night/Mare-Coor".
T5, NPR IC, PIMP ECU, Walbro 255, Dual piston BOV, Manual BC, 3" exhaust, One piece Aluminum drive-shaft, mc2 LSD, Boport 1.5 cam, Ported and polish head, big valves, 80# injectors, Bob's log, (soon HY35).
In XS 7
Level 7
Level 7

Post by In XS 7 »

Here is how I made the end of the rocker panel that will attach to the fender.

Miguel.
T5, NPR IC, PIMP ECU, Walbro 255, Dual piston BOV, Manual BC, 3" exhaust, One piece Aluminum drive-shaft, mc2 LSD, Boport 1.5 cam, Ported and polish head, big valves, 80# injectors, Bob's log, (soon HY35).
In XS 7
Level 7
Level 7

Post by In XS 7 »

More coming, this just started...to be continued... :lol: :cheers
Miguel.
In XS 7
Level 7
Level 7

Post by In XS 7 »

Here I jsut cut the floor pan to fix a flash rust that was just started underneath the floor pan on that "second floor pan" or whatever it is call it :lol: , I can almost just wipe the rust dust off so not a real issue but I want to protect that area too after I clean the rust I spray some cold galvanize (zinc based) paint on it. At the same time I will change the sway bar bolts and weld some new bolts from inside out to make some kind of studs.

Miguel.
In XS 7
Level 7
Level 7

Post by In XS 7 »

Some of my goodies came today, I will put them on this weekend, if I don't work to much over-time I will change the whole bushings on the rear of my XR and while I am at it, I will reinforce the beams/arms where the point connection are, you know all the parts where you use bolts and bushings that are very weak/thin metal.

My brand new differential mount from mc2racing, it looks so beautiful and a great quality, I want to have one of these for long time :D

and my black series semi trailing bushings also from mc2, very nice quality too. I already got (but yet installed) the black series beam mount bushings.
Miguel.
In XS 7
Level 7
Level 7

Post by In XS 7 »

Hi, I just refresh the color of my front struts, they Koni Yellows (well they are not yellow any more) I like how they look in green. I will post more pics of the many things I had done to the car later o tomorrow. What do you thing about the new color?

Miguel.
In XS 7
Level 7
Level 7

Post by In XS 7 »

Brand new control arms and upgraded bushings. Thanks to merkurdepot for the right control arms, when I got my XR it came with some brand new control arms but when I try to instal the poly bushings I just find out that the "holes" in that control arms were not to deep so the bushings did not fit right, nothing like buying the right parts from the right vendors. :thumb :headbang

Miguel.