These are my projects,my belove XR4Ti. Old ones but mine.lol

Documenting your big project with photos/videos? Have photos/videos to share of anything Merkur related? Place your links to photos and videos here. Please - Merkurs and Merkur-related pictures only. Cosworths welcome!!
Carlisle and event related pictures are to be placed in the relevant section under 'Events'.
Merkur Club web site
In XS 7
Level 7
Level 7

Re: These are my projects,my belove XR4Ti. Old ones but mine

Post by In XS 7 »

Yes Joe, I had some problems loading the photo with the tip grinded and cleaned, I was trying many times but the link didn't work earlier.
But here it is, it worked this time, I cleaned and grinded the tip a little.
:cheers
Miguel.
89 XR4Ti Monique; Waking up a real "Night/Mare-Coor".
T5, NPR IC, PIMP ECU, Walbro 255, Dual piston BOV, Manual BC, 3" exhaust, One piece Aluminum drive-shaft, mc2 LSD, Boport 1.5 cam, Ported and polish head, big valves, 80# injectors, Bob's log, (soon HY35).
In XS 7
Level 7
Level 7

Post by In XS 7 »

Today I am back at home and have my camera back so I will post some pics about the fuel tank fix, my upgrade to a Walbro 255 fuel pump and the rear strut angle bar. I am sorry about the bad quality I forget to clean the lens on my camera before I took the pics (my little kid was touching it).
Here is the tank rust repair.

Miguel.
T5, NPR IC, PIMP ECU, Walbro 255, Dual piston BOV, Manual BC, 3" exhaust, One piece Aluminum drive-shaft, mc2 LSD, Boport 1.5 cam, Ported and polish head, big valves, 80# injectors, Bob's log, (soon HY35).
In XS 7
Level 7
Level 7

Post by In XS 7 »

Now some pics about the Walbro.

Instead of making holes on the top I used the old stock connector of the sending unit,I just replace some wires with the new wires and spade conectors that came with the fuel pump from mc2.

The old inline pump,filter and the old rusty filter bracket.

The new bracket for the filter, I just fab one with a piece of scratch metal that I found laying around, I think it'll do it.

Miguel.
In XS 7
Level 7
Level 7

Post by In XS 7 »

Sorry I didn't update this in long time but I was busy looking for an intake to rotate 90* and modding my ac bracket to relocate my alt, Here are some pics of my progress (I don't have all the pics with me but I will post the rest of them latter). :cheers

I use a piece of this aluminum bar to made a spacer to fill up the gap between the bracket ear and the alt.

I drill a hole, not at the center but it works good for the purpose :lol: .

I use the filler and some washer to be able to play with the position of the alt pulley and the rest of the pulleys.

On the car with the belt and the car running, I am using only one belt for now so I can drive the car while I can think of a way to use two belts just to be safe (not the best quality pics but this the only ones I have right now).

It looks very empty with out the alt here :lol:, That is how it looks like right now till I get the new 90* rotated upper intake welded together.

Here it is the new to me intake and what I have done on it.

Mark the spot to cut it apart.

This is what I used to cut it, first a grinder with a cut off wheel.

These is how far the grinder went and for the rest I just used a hacksaw.

Cutting the center wasn't fun at all, a dirty job but some body has to do it. :mrgreen:

Looks better :D but still I need to do some more gutting and then polish it, :cry: .
Image :cheers

I will post more pics and updates when I get the intake weld out.
Miguel.
catapultkid
Level 5
Level 5

Post by catapultkid »

I know this stuff is a pain in the butt to cut. Looks like you made it work just fine.

When using a belt like that be careful. The water pump has been known to slip with the belt like this causing it to overheat.
-Paul
'85 Merkur XR4Ti
K20, VW mk2
'89 K2500, 6.0 swap
'00 Honda Insight
In XS 7
Level 7
Level 7

Post by In XS 7 »

catapultkid wrote:I know this stuff is a pain in the butt to cut. Looks like you made it work just fine.

When using a belt like that be careful. The water pump has been known to slip with the belt like this causing it to overheat.
Thanks for the advice, I will keep an eye on it, Yesterday my car was over heated after been running for just about 10 or 15 minutes, at that time I was resetting the TPS cause some how it get moved and was at 0.89v, then I reset it at 0.98v but the idle was waaayyy to fast so I reset it again to 0.95v but the idle still was way to fast so I move the screw at the throttle body a little bit out and then the Idle sound much better, by that time the car was over heated, at the same time I find out that the radiator fan wasn't working and when I pull on the wires just a little bit the fan starts right away,so I need to fix that connection on the fan's wires but the radiator and many other parts were to hot to stick my hands in there so I leave it alone for the rest of the night, I will fix the wires today and report back if the overheating issue went away or if the new alt set up isn't a good idea I will move it back to its original location, I will try to find a way to use two belts first. Thanks again for your great advice. :cheers
Miguel.
In XS 7
Level 7
Level 7

Post by In XS 7 »

Hello guys a little bit of what I have done lately.
First while I was working on the new rotated Upper intake I took the lower intake off the car too and work on it because last time I did a knife edged thing on it but latter I find out that it cause turbulence so I rounded the edges but I just forget to take pics of it before reinstall everything back together sorry about it, I will take some pics of it next time I get it apart, also I clean the injectors with a home made device, here are some pics of it:

I use a piece of hose, a syringe from my kid's tylenol :lol:, some wires with little alligator clips and a 9v. battery.

And here are some pics of the lower intake painted and upper intake installed (sorry it was to dark and don't have a light with me, tomorrow I will take more on day light).

I like it so far even if I am planing on use a plenum (long tube) and a lower inline intake in the future, I can always use this set up in my other red XR :wink:
Miguel.
tcwell
Level 1
Level 1

Post by tcwell »

Looking good Miguel! You are making great progress...hope I can do the same. Looks like we both need to invest in some lights for our work area :lol:
-Tom-

Don't believe everything you think
In XS 7
Level 7
Level 7

Post by In XS 7 »

tcwell wrote:Looking good Miguel! You are making great progress...hope I can do the same. Looks like we both need to invest in some lights for our work area :lol:
:lol: Thanks Tom, yes we really need some good light, :lol: Keep working on your car, a little bit at a time and soon you will be amazed of what you have achieve and the feel of getting each thing done is priceless. :cheers
Don't forget to post pics if you can, I really will like to see your car getting to the point you want it to be at. :cheers
Miguel.
In XS 7
Level 7
Level 7

Post by In XS 7 »

My throttle body had a vacuum leak that I just fix with new seals the part number is SKF 3970, a great quality and fits just perfect.
Here are some pics of the two new seals and one of the old seals or the remains I found in the TB.

old seals in the TB

:cheers
Miguel.
In XS 7
Level 7
Level 7

Post by In XS 7 »

YESSSS!!! guys, look what just arrive:

I am so exited, now I will be able to fab thing for my car as well as fix rust spots in the body and many many other stuff, I just love weld, I have been welding for many years but this is the first time I get my own welder. I will try it and let you guys know how it works, for now it will be only flux cored but definitely I will get me some gas.:cheers
Miguel.
Rob'Z
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Rob'Z »

Nice, it's great to have your own welder. I welded with flux core once (recently) and don't ever plan to do it again, what a mess. Shielding gas is far superior, don't waste any time converting your setup over. ;)

Rob
Power is nothing without control.
In XS 7
Level 7
Level 7

Post by In XS 7 »

Rob'Z wrote:Nice, it's great to have your own welder. I welded with flux core once (recently) and don't ever plan to do it again, what a mess. Shielding gas is far superior, don't waste any time converting your setup over. ;)

Rob
Yes I agree, I will get me the gas tank very, very soon, I always been welding with gas and in that area I have 14 years experience, but none with flux cored wire at all :lol: . Thanks for the advice I know it is the best thing to do. :cheers
Miguel.
Father Adam
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Father Adam »

Nice one Miguel :cheers
1989 Ford Granada Scorpio

http://adamsgranadablog.weebly.com/

In XS 7
Level 7
Level 7

Post by In XS 7 »

Father Adam wrote:Nice one Miguel :cheers
Thank you Father Adam. :cheers
Miguel.