XRBrati Underway....

Documenting your big project with photos/videos? Have photos/videos to share of anything Merkur related? Place your links to photos and videos here. Please - Merkurs and Merkur-related pictures only. Cosworths welcome!!
Carlisle and event related pictures are to be placed in the relevant section under 'Events'.
Merkur Club web site
anglin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by anglin »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote:Image
That really sucks. I'm not saying it sucks because your roof is bent. I'm saying it sucks because I do dumb stuff like this all the time and keep hoping I'll grow out of it. I don't have hope anymore.
Anglin email: - anglin at mc2racing.com
www.mc2racing.com
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

anglin wrote:That really sucks. I'm not saying it sucks because your roof is bent. I'm saying it sucks because I do dumb stuff like this all the time and keep hoping I'll grow out of it. I don't have hope anymore.
I've often said that I'd have fired myself several times over if I worked for me. :beats head I couldn't even bring myself to really look at the bent roof panel until the next day - I was afraid it was ruined entirely. :x
Brad
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

As of today, this thing is more-or-less street-able. :D I took it for a ~10 mile drive, speeds up to about 50MPH, and nothing fell off and the car didn't break in half. :haha

I've got a bunch of things to do over the next 12 days, not the least of which is put some more shake-down miles on it before driving 200 miles to Carlisle. But it goes! :bounce

I just haven't had time for pics lately, but now I think I'll purposely hold off and have the "unveiling" at Carlisle. :headbang
Brad
Ray
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Ray »

$#!*, i had a dream last night i went to carlisle. Like a realistic dream. Except there were a lot of import cars there and i was thinking i went during the wrong week and i couldn't find the merkurs...

:(
-Ray
1985 Ford F150 - Tow Missile
1985 Merkur XR4Ti -#141 CP "Miss Daisy"
2005 Subaru LGT
http://www.cartct.com
hEaT
Level 7
Level 7

Post by hEaT »

Heh, I did that last weekend :lol:
76Capri
Level 1
Level 1

Post by 76Capri »

demonfire wrote:$#!*, i had a dream last night i went to carlisle. Like a realistic dream. Except there were a lot of import cars there and i was thinking i went during the wrong week and i couldn't find the merkurs...

:(
Imports?? You got lost in the 70-78 Capri section...I was there and tried to wave to you. For some reason you had your underwear on your head and didn't notice.

The Merkurs were one row up. :wink:
Joe Bennardo
76 Capri II.3 turbo
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Well, considering this part is underneath the carpet now, I figure I'll share these pics. It's how I addressed the factory paint drain holes in the forward footwells. Roof flashing and some 2-part bedliner repair/adhesive, and all was good. Had to work real quick, as the glue set up in just a couple minutes. Lots of pre-staging, and then go like a mother! :P

Brad
Ray
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Ray »

did you cover them just because you removed the sound deadening? would have been über easy to just throw some soundproofing over the drains.
-Ray
1985 Ford F150 - Tow Missile
1985 Merkur XR4Ti -#141 CP "Miss Daisy"
2005 Subaru LGT
http://www.cartct.com
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

demonfire wrote:did you cover them just because you removed the sound deadening? would have been über easy to just throw some soundproofing over the drains.
Yea, to some extent I was just looking to replace the crumbling tar-mat that I had removed. The stuff I used should be forever and totally water-tight. I'm not so sure I could say that about any sort of stick-on sound deadening material.
Brad
anglin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by anglin »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote:Image
That's not the Brat's shift knob, is it?
Anglin email: - anglin at mc2racing.com
www.mc2racing.com
BeefFajitas
Level 6
Level 6

Post by BeefFajitas »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote:
demonfire wrote:did you cover them just because you removed the sound deadening? would have been über easy to just throw some soundproofing over the drains.
Yea, to some extent I was just looking to replace the crumbling tar-mat that I had removed. The stuff I used should be forever and totally water-tight. I'm not so sure I could say that about any sort of stick-on sound deadening material.
Phase 2 is to make it amphibious.
-Nate
'85 Merk. Back together. Only thing stock is the head and block.
phild765
Level 6
Level 6

Brat

Post by phild765 »

Phase 2 should be to make it into a Dually!

Phil D
www.opmd.com
Check out our new Groove oriented web radio station: http://www.thebocx.com
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

anglin wrote:That's not the Brat's shift knob, is it?
In fact, it is. It just happened to be the first one I found when I went looking for one, any one. I believe it was off a Saab 900. It served the purpose just fine over the course of Tue & Wed when I put 240 miles on this thing. :D

I feel pretty good about driving it to Carlisle and back now. Can't say I felt quite that way Tuesday, when I pulled onto the highway for the first time - felt more like Chuck Yeager at that point! :lol:
Brad
hEaT
Level 7
Level 7

Post by hEaT »

DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

hEaT wrote:If you get a change of heart...

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/sho ... hp?t=89053
Sure, now you want me to convert it back to all-Brat? :beats head

Or better yet, maybe I'll take a Brat and convert it into a bi-wing hatch-back! :beats head :beats head :beats head
Brad