XRBrati Underway....

Documenting your big project with photos/videos? Have photos/videos to share of anything Merkur related? Place your links to photos and videos here. Please - Merkurs and Merkur-related pictures only. Cosworths welcome!!
Carlisle and event related pictures are to be placed in the relevant section under 'Events'.
Merkur Club web site
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Re: XRBrati Underway....

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

DAReese wrote:Any idea how much time and money you have in this?
No idea on either and no desire to try to count! It certainly wasn't anything that could be called a rational project.
DAReese wrote:I'm guessing it would have been cheaper to import a P100 with a Cossie engine.
No doubt. Ironically enough too, 2014 will mark the 25th anniversary of the Sierra-based P100, so you could even bring one into the States legally starting next year. Somebody should do that, if only so we could take a picture of the two side-by-side.
Brad
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

DSPXR4ti wrote:Now that I have seen it finish I want one.
There are a lot of easier ways to build one than how I did it. Most of the built pickups don't have a tailgate - they just leave the existing "bathtub" in place and build around that as a given structure. No doubt, that would be an easier way to go. Lots of other ways to make it an easier project. I did it the hard way, no doubt.
Brad
In XS 7
Level 7
Level 7

Post by In XS 7 »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote:
DSPXR4ti wrote:Now that I have seen it finish I want one.
There are a lot of easier ways to build one than how I did it. Most of the built pickups don't have a tailgate - they just leave the existing "bathtub" in place and build around that as a given structure. No doubt, that would be an easier way to go. Lots of other ways to make it an easier project. I did it the hard way, no doubt.
Your XRBrati looks GREAT Brad, I really like it, everything it's just great including the color. Congratulations on your build. What a beautiful job. :cheers :thumb
Miguel.
89 XR4Ti Monique; Waking up a real "Night/Mare-Coor".
T5, NPR IC, PIMP ECU, Walbro 255, Dual piston BOV, Manual BC, 3" exhaust, One piece Aluminum drive-shaft, mc2 LSD, Boport 1.5 cam, Ported and polish head, big valves, 80# injectors, Bob's log, (soon HY35).
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

^^^ Premature. Now he'll never get the last remaining work on it done. :-)

YMMV ;-)
Descartes: "Cogito Ergo Sum"
Lijewski: "Sum Ergo Drive-O. Mucho!
xr4outcast
Level 3
Level 3

Post by xr4outcast »

You ever finish putting everything back on the thing?

Would be nice to see some finished pics!
Rob Booth
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

xr4outcast wrote:You ever finish putting everything back on the thing?
Nope! I've barely touched the car since I got home from Carlisle a month ago. Just needed to walk away from it for awhile - I'll get back on it in the Fall.
Brad
89 Scorpio
Level 1
Level 1

Post by 89 Scorpio »

I think I like your XRBrati is better than the P100. The design of the rear box is way too utilitarian which is great as a work truck, not so great as a show truck. Maybe if the rails on top were chopped off, add a roll pan, eliminate the Ford stamp on the back, and reshape the cab a little and it would be good.....But the XRBrati would still be better.

This one has been customized a bit, but I still think the XRBrati looks better:

DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

89 Scorpio wrote:The design of the rear box is way too utilitarian which is great as a work truck
There's no question that the P100 is more truck-like. It's got a solid axle with leaf springs, so I'm sure it can safely haul more than my ride. At one point I had intended for my project to be my sole "truck", but now that I've actually got a real truck ('91 F150), it's quite likely I'll hang onto both of them. The nice thing about the F150 is that it's a "beater", so I can use it like a truck and not really give a damn.
Brad
yottabit
Level 5
Level 5

Post by yottabit »

Looks so nice! Few people have the determination to follow through with a project like this. Would love to see more pictures
nzwinrz
Level 5
Level 5

Post by nzwinrz »

The pics from Carlisle looked good :headbang even in the rain, got some of the front angle, would like to see the nose job :D
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

nzwinrz wrote:... would like to see the nose job :D
Ask and ye shall receive:

YMMV ;-)
Descartes: "Cogito Ergo Sum"
Lijewski: "Sum Ergo Drive-O. Mucho!
xr4ti41028
Level 2
Level 2

Post by xr4ti41028 »

Ed Lijewski wrote:
nzwinrz wrote:... would like to see the nose job :D
Ask and ye shall receive:

YMMV ;-)
God this pic just needs to stop showing up lol :puke
Thomas

Graham, washington
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Brad
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

A short article w/ pics of five custom utes... (including the Jag directly above)

http://www3.carbuzz.com/news/2015/2/10/ ... s-7724735/

Brad
scorpioaddict
Level 5
Level 5

Post by scorpioaddict »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote:A short article w/ pics of five custom utes... (including the Jag directly above)
I owned a 64 El Camino in high school... I'd like to have the Ferrari, for no practical reason. It's just purty.