I have some questions for the bob's log heather

Documenting your big project with photos/videos? Have photos/videos to share of anything Merkur related? Place your links to photos and videos here. Please - Merkurs and Merkur-related pictures only. Cosworths welcome!!
Carlisle and event related pictures are to be placed in the relevant section under 'Events'.
Merkur Club web site
In XS 7
Level 7
Level 7

I have some questions for the bob's log heather

Post by In XS 7 »

Do I need a gasket to use the bob's header manifold? what kind of turbo should I use if I want get an external waste gate? what's the torque for the manifold to head bolts? Thanks a lot in advance.
Miguel.
89 XR4Ti Monique; Waking up a real "Night/Mare-Coor".
T5, NPR IC, PIMP ECU, Walbro 255, Dual piston BOV, Manual BC, 3" exhaust, One piece Aluminum drive-shaft, mc2 LSD, Boport 1.5 cam, Ported and polish head, big valves, 80# injectors, Bob's log, (soon HY35).
hEaT
Level 7
Level 7

Re: I have some questions for the bob's log heather

Post by hEaT »

I use a gasket between the stock and manifold even on the OEM setup. Definitely use one. The Felpro spec'd for the Ranger works fine and is cheap. I replace every time I remove the manifold.

Turbo depends on A LOT. You could run the stock turbo and just swap to a non-wastegated housing or weld it shut. Tons of options. Pick the turbo you want for your power goals and build it so it doesn't have an IWG.

Sorry I don't have the torque specs for the manifold bolts. I tighten from the center out, but do it by feel.
In XS 7
Level 7
Level 7

Post by In XS 7 »

Thank you so much Joe, very kind of you, great info as always, now I got a better idea of how do these things. Thanks again. :cheers
Miguel.
T5, NPR IC, PIMP ECU, Walbro 255, Dual piston BOV, Manual BC, 3" exhaust, One piece Aluminum drive-shaft, mc2 LSD, Boport 1.5 cam, Ported and polish head, big valves, 80# injectors, Bob's log, (soon HY35).
Ray
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Ray »

torque specs are on mc2racing's site
-Ray
1985 Ford F150 - Tow Missile
1985 Merkur XR4Ti -#141 CP "Miss Daisy"
2005 Subaru LGT
http://www.cartct.com
In XS 7
Level 7
Level 7

Post by In XS 7 »

Thanks again Ray, I really appreciate the time you take to answer my questions and point me to the right direction. :cheers
Miguel.