My 87 XR

Documenting your big project with photos/videos? Have photos/videos to share of anything Merkur related? Place your links to photos and videos here. Please - Merkurs and Merkur-related pictures only. Cosworths welcome!!
Carlisle and event related pictures are to be placed in the relevant section under 'Events'.
Merkur Club web site
Black87xr4ti

My 87 XR

Post by Black87xr4ti »

I wanted to start a post to track my build as I drive it. I bought the car from a friend who was ready to pull the motor and trans and junk the car. Over the course of two years I put the car back together, including a few missing parts that I was able to get quickly and easily from Jeff at Midwest Merkur. I've been daily driving the car for a couple months now and have had minimal issues with it. This weekend I replaced the radiator with a good used one that I got from Jeff as well. I plan to update as I make performance and drivability improvements.
MarkM
Level 7
Level 7

Re: My 87 XR

Post by MarkM »

Sounds good, I'm looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing more about it.
Mark
Black87xr4ti

Re: My 87 XR

Post by Black87xr4ti »

Last night I got home, turned my lights off, and well, the lights didn't turn off, so I disconnected the battery and figured I deal with it today. I hit up Jeff from Merkur Midwest and of course he had a good used switch, so a 2.5 hour round trip to his shop and I got the new switch, hopefully get it installed today cause having to disconnect the battery every time I park is a PITA