Friday the 13th

Documenting your big project with photos/videos? Have photos/videos to share of anything Merkur related? Place your links to photos and videos here. Please - Merkurs and Merkur-related pictures only. Cosworths welcome!!
Carlisle and event related pictures are to be placed in the relevant section under 'Events'.
Merkur Club web site
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Friday the 13th

Post by andyofcolumbusmerkur »

This car is next on the to do list. Wish I had a nice heated garage to work in. Side molding is removed because the paint (I used krylon rattle can primer) didn't stick. I'm going to look into adhesion promoter before it goes to paint. Maybe 2021. The aluminum rivets sun valley performance used 25 years ago seem fine. Still has their aluminum coolant tubes, TB master cylinder adapter, PBR adapters, TB rear disk adapters, hub centric wheel spacers, and aluminum shift knob. :headbang
The best way to keep your Kia from being stolen is to not have a Kia.
my8950
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Friday the 13th

Post by my8950 »

Do you have more of the cladding rivets? I think you mentioned this in another post a few weeks or so ago?
I'll be looking for some as well sometime in the near future.
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Friday the 13th

Post by andyofcolumbusmerkur »

I didn't install the rivets. But they just look like regular ones. Shorter aluminum rivets no washers or anything.
The best way to keep your Kia from being stolen is to not have a Kia.