From Carlisle to Watkins Glen; The Weekend that Doesn't End!

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 3-5, 2005.
Merkur Club web site
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

From Carlisle to Watkins Glen; The Weekend that Doesn't End!

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

We wanted to do some new things to make the Merkurs at Carlisle 2005 event a little more special this year, and we're announcing the first of those items today. On the Monday and Tuesday immediately following the Carlisle event, we have been invited to attend and participate in a track event at the Watkins Glen International Raceway!

Details and discussion of this event will be in the Racing & Track sub-forum. You'll note that I've conveniently moved that forum directly beneath the Carlisle 2005 forum, for quick and easy access to both without hitting the page-down key. Here's a link directly to the Watkins Glen topic:
http://www.merkurclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3561

With this announcement, I think we've provided a good "excuse" for you guys and girls who were on the fence about traveling a long distance to "just another car show". (Okay, never mind that Carlisle is not "just another car show"! :)). Watkins Glen is 200 miles due north of Carlisle in the scenic Finger Lakes region. It's a nice place to visit even without the lure of a track event, so you may want to consider a mini vacation to the area as well.

Feel free to ask questions and discuss this event in the Track section below. I just wanted to make an initial post here, since the timing and location of the two events clearly links them together, for those who would like to participate.
88_WRC_Replica
Level 4
Level 4

Post by 88_WRC_Replica »

Oh it's like the perfect end to a great weekend!!!

Better start saving my pennies.
1988 WRC Replica Sierra
1988 Mono White XR4Ti
Pictures at http://www.focusedeffect.com/4images/