Who would you like to see at Carlisle this year!

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 3-5, 2005.
Merkur Club web site
WidebodymerK
Level 1
Level 1

Post by WidebodymerK »

Colin wrote:Image

That car needs some 18x10" wheels. :: drooooool ::
18 x 10.5.. 1-off forged wheels...3 peice
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by fastmaul »

I have to admit I too didn't like your car when it had the little wheels (well little for that body kit!!) but now like I've said..with the new wheels on it, it is so much nicer and better! I never knew about the wheels (just thought since they were shiny that you would keep it that way!) who would have known you were out searching for wheel arch fillers. LOL. The wheels look awesome, the car looks awesome, and you my friend are awesome. 8)
Erik AKA MerkurSport's Bill payer. www.Merkursport.com The virtual Garage. Bring your own nudie calendar. You can now find MerkurSport on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/pages/MerkurSpo ... 5756984607
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

Damned right! I thought it was cool, and so were you.

I'm quite sure that most folks who didn't like the old picture (quite understandably-- what would ANYONE'S car look like, propped up on a grass field with no wheels? ) feel differently now that they've seen the car in person, and met its owner. It reminded me of the Roush cars, actually, or Dave Kruse's car, if anyone remembers that. It was carefully and nicely done, and looked fabulous! 8) Don't be hard on the foot-in-mouth comments; we've all said things we've later regretted here and there, haven't we?
This is my car, and these are my people!
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Jeremy- My sincere apologies - stupid comment on my part. :oops:

With the new wheels, your car totally rocks! 8) Bumper car? I don't think so!

Congrat's on your well-deserved award.
quirkymerk
Level 2
Level 2

Post by quirkymerk »

don't even worry about what anyone ever says... not everyone thinks my scoop is as cool as I do, but it's your car and if you like what you did w.it then that's really all that matters!

The point is that we all have a merkur and that makes us all a community from the get go.
'87 auto xr4ti sti wannabee going to Carlisle 2010!)
'90 5.0 LX stang
*Sarah*
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Yea, what is up with that scoop girl? :lol:

If you wanted your car to look like an sti, maybe you should have just bought an sti! :twisted: :P :roll: :shock: :lol: :wink:

<Insert, "yes, of course I'm just kidding" sarcastic grin here>
quirkymerk
Level 2
Level 2

Post by quirkymerk »

man.. thats a lot of emoticons, lol
'87 auto xr4ti sti wannabee going to Carlisle 2010!)
'90 5.0 LX stang
*Sarah*
ztee24
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ztee24 »

word 8)
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

That scoop actually does look pretty nice on there... I was just giving you $#!* before because it doesn't cover the whole IC... :lol: Anyway, nice creativity! Lookin' good. :)
Instagram @colinrdoyle
89 Scorpio 2300-16V // 07 F-650 Cummins // 00 Beetle TDI
File to fit, paint to match.
wilky
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wilky »

Hey WideBody - don't sweat it man. Were only human & comments on forums are tougher to interpret than face to face communication (I know 'cos I've got in a lot of trouble here from time to time).

We and all of our cars are a constant work in progress. Show me anyone who says they or their car is complete and I'll show you a liar!

Anyway, glad to meet you and your car - your both looking good even though, like the rest of us, they are works in progress!! You have a unique & impressive car.

Wilky
Seeking relationship with sexy lady Merkur owner (send pic of Merkur).
WidebodymerK
Level 1
Level 1

Post by WidebodymerK »

Thanks for all the compliments/comments guys. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion and i dont expect everyone to like my car.

That year i was already upset that i wasnt going to be able to have the wheels that i knew i needed to compliment/fit the body in time for Carlisle. I was just a little disapointed to hear that type of remark coming from Admin.

Anyway....its all cool and water under the bridge. :)

Now u ALL better love my car or else im gonna throw a freakin tantrum!!

lol JK :wink:
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

I like your car a whole lot more now that I've poked and prodded it with my flashlight. Not too keen on your airbag idea... but I guess they could be used to raise the car, which would allow me to more easily inspect your inner fenders. :lol:

Colin
Instagram @colinrdoyle
mangostick
Level 4
Level 4

Post by mangostick »

yeah, ya gotta watch that Colin guy...never know what he'll want to inspect with his flash light next :shock: if you hear a glove snap..better run! :lol: I saw the pics of the car without the wheels..first thought was "cool color...whats with the wheels?" Now that I've seen what you've done with it in person, its sweeeeeet. Like Colin Im not big on the airbags either, but its all preference. Thats what makes car people different from the rest of the "sheep" out there in society. We express our wants/desires and opinions through our rides. I say, if you like it..roll with it...if anyone else dosent like it, thier loss. Oh, just one question, how do you park that thing? :lol:
where'd I put that damned hammer?? :-D

Shawn Mangan
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

I don't think he does... :?
Instagram @colinrdoyle
WidebodymerK
Level 1
Level 1

Post by WidebodymerK »

After i talked with PM im pretty sure that i wont be doing airbags. Although it would look hot and protect my fiberglass from speed bumps IMO, it wouldnt be advisable with the power im lookin to gain.

Maybe a set of coilovers?

Hey colin...ditch that pen light! Next time we meet im gonna have a Mag light 4 u! Im also gonna follow u around and smack your hand when u poke my car!!

As for how i park it....at first i parked like an 85yr old grandma. Now ive gotten used to it. I always park in a spot that doesnt allow anyone to park in front of me. And lately ive been one of those guys who park on an angle and take up 2 parking spots :P