Dang! No awards for me! HAHA!!!!!

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 3-5, 2005.
Merkur Club web site
SvoSierra
Level 5
Level 5

Dang! No awards for me! HAHA!!!!!

Post by SvoSierra »

Shoot! I thought our ultra diverse looking XR would win something. :lol: We'd have beat the pants off of anyone in most of the following catagories!

Worst looking POS
Most colors on a single car
Lowest hanging exhaust
Most work needed on a project car
Most likely to attract law enforcement attention (and it did :x)
Most amazing to make it to Carlisle
Least likely to make it home

Oh well, we will definetly show some progress on it for next year. We agree with everyone else on here. The trip was a blast. Even my non-car nut fiancee had a great time. We're already looking forward to next year.

-Brian (and Laura)
XR and Scorpio blower motor rebuilding, LED upgrades, XR lock service
MerkurRS
Level 4
Level 4

Post by MerkurRS »

Brian,
Sorry you didn't win. It was tough with only 17 awards and over 225 cars to judge! Everyone seemed to like the new judging format better than the ones we previously did, which duplicated Carlisle's popular ballot judging. Maybe we'll add some of the categories you mentioned...so don't touch that car!! :lol:
See you next event
2012 Audi S4 Prestige, Black-Optics, APR tuned - runs low-11's
1989 Scorpio-White, a/t- a true survivor car!
1988 Scorpio - Burgundy, a/t- a low mileage survivor!
2004 VW Passat Sedan -W8 6-Speed
2003 VW Passat Variant W8 Auto
1970 Ford XL 390 ci. Convertible
1970 Ford XL 429-4v Convertible
2000 Excursion V10
SvoSierra
Level 5
Level 5

Post by SvoSierra »

I was making a joke. :lol: I know I didn't deserve any awards. I did like Steve's Die Hard award though. That was a nice touch. I just enjoy coming out each year. Shoot, if they edit the video correctly, I may be on national TV!! Just keep an eye out for the guy in the orange hat taking pictures of the NY Cosworth in the background. Fantastic event, looking forward to some midwest events, and next year's Carlisle already.
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

free_diamond wrote:I was making a joke. :lol: I know I didn't deserve any awards. I did like Steve's Die Hard award though. That was a nice touch. I just enjoy coming out each year. Shoot, if they edit the video correctly, I may be on national TV!! Just keep an eye out for the guy in the orange hat taking pictures of the NY Cosworth in the background. Fantastic event, looking forward to some midwest events, and next year's Carlisle already.
Die Hard award is a euphemism; it should be called the Rat Merk Award. Bikers have this category for those who go against the flow, who spit in the wind, who follow their own drumbeat, who could care less about spit and polish and who actually put as much effort into NOT making their ride look sleek and sexy but rather look, well, ratty. And, doesn't that bring to mind how some make word play of the XR4Ti emblem pronouncing it Xratty. C'mon, admit it; Steve Duchene and his wheels fit this definition to a T. :lol:

MCA people deserve a Rat Merk category. Saul? Brian, Norm, Paul, Scott et al?? Are you listening? :lol: :wink:

YMMV 8)
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

I could seriously be a contender for the xratty award next year if such a category were to exist. :lol:

I got a Holset today... so the volvo project inches further toward completion. Gotta build an exhaust mani now. :)

Colin
Instagram @colinrdoyle
89 Scorpio 2300-16V // 07 F-650 Cummins // 00 Beetle TDI
File to fit, paint to match.
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

Keep on keepin' on, brotha man! :lol:
Instagram @colinrdoyle
89 Scorpio 2300-16V // 07 F-650 Cummins // 00 Beetle TDI
File to fit, paint to match.
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

I wonder if Alex would give you and Steve a run for the Xratty award :?: :P We have to see his car to know. :wink:

YMMV 8)
MerkXRTurbo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by MerkXRTurbo »

Merkursport members have seen it. 8)
3" mandrel bent exhaust, Ported/Polished head, 1.89/1.57 valves, Gutted uppper/Knife edge lower intake, T3/T4, LA3, Big VAM, Cold air intake, 40bob header, Gillis valve, Forge BOV, Mustang SVO T5, Conquest intercooler, 20psi.
SvoSierra
Level 5
Level 5

Post by SvoSierra »

I really think the only 2 Xratty contestants at Carlisle this year were Steve and I. :) None of the rest of y'all were even close. I had five different colors man. Red, silver, blue, white, and beige primer. count 'em, one, two, three, four, and five. :lol:

I just thought this would be a fun little thread to start. Anyone have a link to post for Alex's potential Xratty award winner?

-Brian
MerkXRTurbo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by MerkXRTurbo »

Alex's car is actually pretty decent, overall. He has a Cossie grill on it, too. :shock:
3" mandrel bent exhaust, Ported/Polished head, 1.89/1.57 valves, Gutted uppper/Knife edge lower intake, T3/T4, LA3, Big VAM, Cold air intake, 40bob header, Gillis valve, Forge BOV, Mustang SVO T5, Conquest intercooler, 20psi.
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

Well go ahead and burst my balloon. :( OK; so maybe Alex himself qualifies for the XRatty award. :roll: :lol: :wink:

YMMV 8)
MerkXRTurbo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by MerkXRTurbo »

Nobody's ever seen him, so no he doesn't. :P
edge
Level 3
Level 3

Post by edge »

Just that primer on Brian's car should qualify for something, that is some nasty primer. Never have seen any primer like that before.
SvoSierra
Level 5
Level 5

Post by SvoSierra »

Oh edge!!! You need another form of the Die hard award. You busted butt trying to get the car ready, but just didn't quite get the car working in time. Glad you joined us all though. :)
edge
Level 3
Level 3

Post by edge »

free_diamond wrote:Oh edge!!! You need another form of the Die hard award. You busted butt trying to get the car ready, but just didn't quite get the car working in time. Glad you joined us all though. :)
Sad/good part is that I already have it running just a simple little ground. Finished installing the trunk mounted battery and had power. Have a couple of little things now to work out on it and redoing the ic radiator setup sits a little to close tothe water pump pulley bolts. Had that huge list done and just that little problem. Oh well, this way I didn't have to work the bugs out on the way, and was probally for the best.