Dang! No awards for me! HAHA!!!!!

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 3-5, 2005.
Merkur Club web site
mangostick
Level 4
Level 4

Post by mangostick »

Colin wrote:I could seriously be a contender for the xratty award next year if such a category were to exist. :lol:

I got a Holset today... so the volvo project inches further toward completion. Gotta build an exhaust mani now. :)

Colin
looking to overtake small airplanes?? :lol: that thing is gonna fly man...I cant wait to see it and take a ride next year 8)
where'd I put that damned hammer?? :-D

Shawn Mangan
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

Hey, if God had intended cars to fly, he would've given them wings-- right? :wink:
This is my car, and these are my people!
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

mangostick wrote:
Colin wrote:I got a Holset today... so the volvo project inches further toward completion. Gotta build an exhaust mani now. :)
looking to overtake small airplanes?? :lol: that thing is gonna fly man...I cant wait to see it and take a ride next year 8)
Sure thing! We can go to McDonalds and blow some more coolant hoses! :lol:

Colin
Instagram @colinrdoyle
89 Scorpio 2300-16V // 07 F-650 Cummins // 00 Beetle TDI
File to fit, paint to match.
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

John Brennan wrote:Hey, if God had intended cars to fly, he would've given them wings-- right? :wink:

God may be here now disguised as Jesse James: http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/monst ... de_62.html :shock: :D :wink:

YMMV 8)
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

I do believe Brennan was referring to the old XR4Ti ad, where it showed the tail end of the car with biwing and said "If cars were intended to fly, they'd have wings." ;)
Instagram @colinrdoyle
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

Maybe Jesse put them where God intended them to be. :lol: :wink:

YMMV 8)
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

I remember a real, marketed flying car back in the 60's-- I'm thinking it was called the Aerocar, but I could be wrong. The wings detached and were towed behind the car for road use, and the car itself was actually fairly roadworthy, and performed well (I can't recall how well it flew, but I believe it was no slouch at that, either). Now we have the Moulton Aerocar under development, but until and unless we figure out a reliable anti-grav and a foolproof mass nav system, I don't see the reality of the flying car in Everyman's garage. I would not trust my life to anything that couldn't glide down without power (as in a helicopter autorotating, or a fixed-wing aircraft able to glide and land dead stick), and try to imagine the problems with mid-airs, controlled airspace,etc. Fuggetaboutit... George Jetson and Family will either be on the ground, or have to go to the airport to fly, for the foreseeable future.
This is my car, and these are my people!
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
mangostick
Level 4
Level 4

Post by mangostick »

Colin wrote:
mangostick wrote:
Colin wrote:I got a Holset today... so the volvo project inches further toward completion. Gotta build an exhaust mani now. :)
Sure thing! We can go to McDonalds and blow some more coolant hoses! :lol:

Colin
but you aced the coolant hose at the quicky mart.... :lol: It did get us back to the showfield though 8)
where'd I put that damned hammer?? :-D

Shawn Mangan
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

I hate those hoses.. :lol:

The first thing I did after I took off the 8 valve head was remove that stupid oil heater. The new setup will have water going from the engine to rad and back to engine only. The turbo is oil cooled and I'm not running a heater core... I'm not sure if I can use a "normal" radiator with the cap right on it, though.. since it's probably not a high point in the system. :(

Colin
Instagram @colinrdoyle
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

Oh.

Well the turbo is an oil heater. The oil cooler provides a Zen-like balance. :wink:

:D

YMMV 8)