Points for the wife!!

The Club Water Cooler - Discussion of just about anything on your mind not Merkur related.

Merkur Club web site
MerlinMerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Points for the wife!!

Post by MerlinMerkur » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:36 pm

My wife comes home proud today from work. Apparently she had a conversation with her boss about camber. Now for there application they were talking about the angle of a cymbal (a musical instrument) but its the same idea, angles. What was impressive is not only did she relate what camber was on a vehicle, but when I quizzed her about it after she told the story she also explained negative and positive camber, how it effects driveability, and why we want negative camber.
...She even told me the negative effects of extreme camber!! (uneven tire wear)

So.. yeah I wanted to gloat a bit. I was astonished she retained (cared) all that. I cant remember the last time I explained camber to her lol...
WOot!
~Travis
87.5 Mono XR- LA3, FMIC, Adj Cam, Gillis, CAI/Cone, +15% rates - Koni adj, Coss frnt/rr sways, rr brc., Ported manis, 3" DP w/dualz, PBRs, rear disks and enough gadjets and switches to make Batman jealous! And more comin! Speak up.

milehighXR
Level 7
Level 7

Post by milehighXR » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:45 pm

Dude, where did you get her? Mine won't even change a tire, let alone have conversations about cars without her eyes glazing over... At least she knows to tell me the oil light is on, or the check engine light is on...
Johnny

1 86 XR aka Naomi- my first love, now project car
1 14 black Fiesta SE aka Fiona- my new DD

DCLXVI

Maurice S
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Maurice S » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:14 pm

there's alot of "cymbalogy" to that story.
85 XR '" Lightly Street Massaged"

MerlinMerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Post by MerlinMerkur » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:34 pm

milehighXR wrote:Dude, where did you get her? Mine won't even change a tire, let alone have conversations about cars without her eyes glazing over... At least she knows to tell me the oil light is on, or the check engine light is on...
I found her at a Christian University :D
I almost got her to change the oil in her Camry last change... almost.
~Travis
87.5 Mono XR- LA3, FMIC, Adj Cam, Gillis, CAI/Cone, +15% rates - Koni adj, Coss frnt/rr sways, rr brc., Ported manis, 3" DP w/dualz, PBRs, rear disks and enough gadjets and switches to make Batman jealous! And more comin! Speak up.

mtnXRti
Level 5
Level 5

Post by mtnXRti » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:33 pm

mine is looking for car stuff for xmas. New starter installed. fuel filter. full car detail (inside) just got her 4 snow tires the other day. man that V850 does well now. :D
'87 XR Street Ninja
'89 XJ Urban Krawler

Aaron
Longmont, CO

Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:40 pm

Seems that she studied her angles religiously. Her next study module: toe-in. :lol:

YMMV 8)
Descartes: "Cogito Ergo Sum"
Lijewski: "Sum Ergo Drive-O. Mucho!

86XR4Ti_John
Level 5
Level 5

Post by 86XR4Ti_John » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:34 pm

toe out is more fun :D

yea mine is a car girl too, its one of the reasons I stuck with her :)

She has discussions with people about cars too and most of the time is right too.

Last christmas she got shiny bits for ther Talon, this year for the Merk :)
John

86 Xr, lowered, cossie rear sway bar, wheels, intercooled, big vam, PE superchip.
91 Talon TSi, well modified, 5spd all wheel drive, runs 11's.