Lady at 1600

The Club Water Cooler - Discussion of just about anything on your mind not Merkur related.

Merkur Club web site
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

AnHonestCitizen wrote:The VP's residence is located on the grounds of the Naval Observatory in Northwest DC. Officially, the vice president's office is located in the Old Executive Office Building, which is across the street from 1600. It is now known as the Eisenhower Executive Office Building.
Are there enough extra bedrooms there for the nanny and grandkids? :lol:
Brad
CV12Steve
Level 7
Level 7

Post by CV12Steve »

AnHonestCitizen wrote:Just realized what it was that was bugging me about the topic title. A little FYI for sheetz and beer goggles:
The vice president does not live or work at 1600. The VP's residence is located on the grounds of the Naval Observatory in Northwest DC. Officially, the vice president's office is located in the Old Executive Office Building, which is across the street from 1600. It is now known as the Eisenhower Executive Office Building.
#1 Observatory Cr
Stephen
Freejack
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Freejack »

CV12Steve wrote: 2) Again, maybe McCain should have talked to his pick for the second most important job in the country more than once - sounds like a judgment issue.
Just to clairify, I haven't seen a new source yet that claimed McCain was not aware of the situation, Palin made him aware that her daughter was pregnant prior to selection.

To me this is a non-issue not worthy of the text its gotten in this thread even. I will not judge someone on an action of a child. What I will judge them on is their reaction to what that child does.

Jake
Rotisserie
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Rotisserie »

Ditto...

Well, one of only a few non-issues that many ppl will continue to milk to death in order to make the case that shes less qualified. Im sure we'll continue to recieve a fine demonstration of log-eyed ppl pointing at other ppl's twigs. :roll: Then again, theres a significant difference between someones daughters having wedlock babies and being known for association with domestic terrorists, churches that preach hate, and facist group that hate america.

if your best response is to attack the life decisions her 17 yo daughter makes in order to ruin the candidate's campaign, then shes in better shape than we hoped.

and shes still milfable. :wink:
blizboy
Level 2
Level 2

Post by blizboy »

So, how's that idea to teach abstinence only working out for you Sarah?
CV12Steve
Level 7
Level 7

Post by CV12Steve »

As someone who is totally against Sex Ed and preaches abstinence only, the ramifications of "ignorance is bliss", teen pregnancy and sexually transmitted disease, are valid topics of discussion.
It might also divert queries about why the “Anti-Pork Barrelâ€Â
Stephen
blizboy
Level 2
Level 2

Post by blizboy »

Maurice S
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Maurice S »

Keep voting for the rich...it's been trickling down to regular people and building our powerhouse economy for some time now...Taxing them anymore (or just the same rate that they tax lower income families) would just destroy Capitalist society...

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Ne ... ySoar.aspx

It's been working since the Reagan era...

Haven't you guys been feeling it?...That's why we all can get the Rapido stuff, quality made specifically for our cars, instead of trying to find what off some other car can be used so we can then find some cheap Chinese product to buy instead... or a plumbing fixture from Home Depot!!made in Honduras!!...The circle of prosperity is so evident...how could I have missed it.

Oh right... I see...The "Reagan" Democrats/put upon hardworking Americans are voting Republican just in case the weekly lottery tickets (10 bucks a week that they sure dont want to pay in taxes but cigarettes and lotto tickets no problem) comes thru...

Republicans: Taxes?? NO WAY...but let's throw big money at problems none the less...We can just borrow it from our "friends" the Chinese or the Arabs.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26525962

at foreign countries where our masterful foreign policy plan (crafted by GENIUS consensus) has just proved itself beyond all measure.

but kids without insurance, families without food...why they're just Obama sychophants anyway...OUR voters at least know that they can buy lotto tickets and go to church...thats what less edjumicated hard working American means!
85 XR '" Lightly Street Massaged"
GeneticRehab
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GeneticRehab »

What put this country in the position we are are in is greed and selfishness. This has no party choice, race,sex, or lifestyle choice.
Jason Liss
1989 XR Still in pieces

1986 XR Sold!
Maurice S
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Maurice S »

Well she expanded the town she Mayored (??) by giving tax breaks to corporate interests, lowered the property tax and raised the sales tax. So that now the town has a McMansion subdivision and Applebees inside a KenTacoHut inside an Arby's.

The first thing she did when elected was ask the town librarian what the process was for removing "offensive" books from the building...when the lady refused (because she didnt know) Palin wanted her fired. That's probably why the daughter became pregnant I guess...the offensive books were not removed.

She did get a sports center built....but in spite of all the money she gave back to Alaskans (thru corruption busting and pork money), the center is still operating in the red...

She sold the state jet on e-bay, fired the house cook...and got rid of the Limo...so she can be alot like Jimmy Carter sometimes

Mostly though she's Republican thru and thru...spends alot, likes paying interest....but lowering taxes sometimes while raising others and seeming not to care that anything ever gets paid for...

YAY!!!
85 XR '" Lightly Street Massaged"
AnHonestCitizen
Level 4
Level 4

Post by AnHonestCitizen »

When she bacame Mayor the town had no debt. Palin sent lobbyists to DC and got 27 million of our tax dollars in ear marks. She abolished a progressive property tax and institued a new sales tax on everything including food. And yet Palin still left the city with over 20 million dollars in debt when she was done.
Yep, she's a true Republican, alright!
mtnXRti
Level 5
Level 5

Post by mtnXRti »

Freejack wrote:
To me this is a non-issue not worthy of the text its gotten in this thread even.
Agreed.
Interesting read though as to where people stand.

I have no side nor will I ever. It is all a money making shame for a select few. The few, does not include me. Politics are disgusting and so are most of the people involved. Greedy crooks, war criminals and bigots.

Both of the candidates are a joke, dems and pubs. I have no idea how things will be 10 years from now in this country with either party leading us. We as a country will either allow another huge Mcstake or there will be so much drama with Obama that our country will be torn and down right gross. I do have hope but fear at the same time. I am not looking for a savior or a hott looking woman to show case. All I hear anymore is all the excitement and hype about how this country is about to make history by having a female VP or Black man in control.
It's just sad

Maybe I am stupid for feeling this way, but I am just tired of politics and how OUR money is spent. It is out of control!

:roll: :puke
'87 XR Street Ninja
'89 XJ Urban Krawler

Aaron
Longmont, CO
CV12Steve
Level 7
Level 7

Post by CV12Steve »

OK, so it turns out "Thanks, but no thanks" isn't really true; it should be "Thanks, we'll keep the money but not build the bridge". As mayor (while lobbying for twice the Alaska average earmarks) Palin supported the "Bridge to Nowhere". As governor she cancelled the bridge but kept the money. And they are currently building approach roads to the bridge for additional tens of millions.
Maybe that line in her speach should have been "There are some who change their career facts to gain support".

Trooper-gate is still moving along.

Library-gate may still come back to haunt. One of Palin's first acts as mayor was trying to fire the city's librarian when she didn't help her remove books she didn't like. Sieg Heil?

Judgment-gate - what does it say when you've won the nomination for six months but wait until the last day before making the most important hiring decision a (potential) president can make interview your choice for the first time. If Palin was thoroughly vetted why can't the press find ANYONE in Alaska government who was questioned?
Stephen
smoke3006
Level 4
Level 4

Post by smoke3006 »

I had actually been thinking of voting for McCain, but his VP choice has pushed me to vote for Obama.
sam
'86 Regency Red Metallic XR4Ti -Blood Monkey

Cure your fever:
http://www.morecowbell.dj/
merkurmaniac
Level 5
Level 5

Post by merkurmaniac »

Sooo, did she mention her dughter being preggo ? I could only watch a few mins of her speech, and I heard her mention her son in the military going to Iraq. If she invokes him for some patriotic sympathy (I really DO think its a good thing for congressman's kids to be in the military), then her abstinance-free daughter should be fair-game too. If you open the door to the family closet to show off the good, people get to see the skeletons too.