B/c Its not on topic on IMON and people wanna talk (C4C)

The Club Water Cooler - Discussion of just about anything on your mind not Merkur related.

Merkur Club web site
MerlinMerkur
Level 7
Level 7

B/c Its not on topic on IMON and people wanna talk (C4C)

Post by MerlinMerkur »

In addressing the issue of C4C, one of the most common complaints I hear, especially from "car guys" is that perfectly restorable and wonderful cars get crushed for the buck. The owner trades something awesome for a few dollars.

I honestly dont care about "classic" examples of automotive engineering getting smashed as much as I do that they get smashed and the owners are given MY tax dollars as a reward. That I have a problem with. More and more my opinion across the board is that if MY money is spent on it, it should benefit me. My money, my food, my house, my car right?

Well, it just so happens that NONE of my vehicles or any in my immeditate family for that matter qualified for C4C, so basically I paid for something the govt says I cant have. Not don't want, not wont use, not.

It all comes down to one phrase, something people dont ever use anymore. Standing armies. Thats what started governments AND taxes. A force designated to protect the people in a given area. Thats it. Not social programs, not building projects. Defense. The leaders in early america were volunteers, they made their wealth outside making descisions - they owned businesses, traded goods, or grew crops. They had day jobs.

They didnt make a living telling us what we would give them from OUR money, how it would be spent - regardless of what we wanted.
Im done with social programs.
Summary? C4C is a pile or horsesh*t because its my money and they gave it to someone else. All, for nothing. Sam took 268$ out of this last paycheck, 123$ for some FICA Old Age Disability poppycock Ill never see, they gave that to GM I bet.

What bothers me just as much is that any money Obamastration gives away anyway is red, its all debt. What idiot decided debt helps the economy? Everyone knows debt cost money, we learn that at high school age. Apparently the govt thinks that logic doesnt apply when you're dealing with a complex economy and trillions of dollars. Govt debt cost even more, cause you have to create some board of accounting, some community aid project its its admin staff to watch that red, on top of the interest you pay.
~Travis
87.5 Mono XR- LA3, FMIC, Adj Cam, Gillis, CAI/Cone, +15% rates - Koni adj, Coss frnt/rr sways, rr brc., Ported manis, 3" DP w/dualz, PBRs, rear disks and enough gadjets and switches to make Batman jealous! And more comin! Speak up.
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

So-- if eeryone knows this, and I would agree-- then what can one deduce about the real motivation and agenda of those who put them into play?
This is my car, and these are my people!
1989 XR4Ti 5-Speed
2001 BMW Z3 3.0 5-Speed
2015 Fiesta ST 6-Speed
2015 Edge 3.5 V6 Auto/Paddles
ALConfederate
Level 4
Level 4

Post by ALConfederate »

Blame Alexander Hamilton. His thought was that a moderate amount of national debt would help hold the Union together, by transferring State Revolutionary War debt to the federal government, thereby giving the several States an incentive to stay with the Union.

The key word here is moderate. The debt today is just plain ridiculous. People from both parties are buying short-term political influence with debt upon debt piled on the backs of the working people of this country.
Dave M.
'89 XR4Ti "The Black Death"
('cause it's black and spends a lot of time dead...)
Mike McCreight
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mike McCreight »

It's hardly rocket science...
It takes MILLIONS to take a run at the presidency, or almost ANY other elected office.
Multi-millionaires just MIGHT be a bit out of touch with those they're taxing to pay the interest on the debt they're accumulating on our "behalf". The principal is on the rise, with no end in sight.
Seems to me there should be some sort of referendum instigated when some loon comes up with a scheme to either bail out a failed company, or (gasp) further bail them out with a sham such as C4C.
Like Merlin mentions, everyone pays for this, even if they don't benefit from it. The hidden costs are likely staggering in nature. Ever think about what it might have cost to administrate such a farce?
I wonder how many 4 figures per diem "consultants" are still working on it.
It's not a hobby, it's an obsession!
milehighXR
Level 7
Level 7

Post by milehighXR »

What pissed me off the most about C4C is all the perfectly good serviceable vehicles that will now be crushed(or at least have their perfectly good engines trashed) for nothing more than more national debt. Money that I think we owe to the Fed. A cartel that shouldn't even exist in the first, and whose currency was rendered worthless by Kennedy: http://www.scribd.com/doc/3026543/Executive-Order-11110

Makes ya wonder who really took him out and why...
Johnny

1 86 XR aka Naomi- my first love, now project car
1 14 black Fiesta SE aka Fiona- my new DD

DCLXVI
Freejack
Level 7
Level 7

Re: B/c Its not on topic on IMON and people wanna talk (C4C)

Post by Freejack »

MerlinMerkur wrote: Defense. The leaders in early america were volunteers, they made their wealth outside making descisions - they owned businesses, traded goods, or grew crops. They had day jobs.

They didnt make a living telling us what we would give them from OUR money, how it would be spent - regardless of what we wanted.
I wouldn't kid yourself. The founding fathers, while indeed having other interest, used their positions to their own advantage.
What bothers me just as much is that any money Obamastration gives away anyway is red, its all debt. What idiot decided debt helps the economy? Everyone knows debt cost money, we learn that at high school age. Apparently the govt thinks that logic doesnt apply when you're dealing with a complex economy and trillions of dollars. Govt debt cost even more, cause you have to create some board of accounting, some community aid project its its admin staff to watch that red, on top of the interest you pay.
Obama's isn't the only administration that would be considered fiscally irresponsible.

Jake
Jake Schnarre
In the St. Louis area? Join the St. Louis Area Merkur Owners Network (SLAMON) - http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/slamon/
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

No, but he's put everyone else on the trailer.
This is my car, and these are my people!
1989 XR4Ti 5-Speed
2001 BMW Z3 3.0 5-Speed
2015 Fiesta ST 6-Speed
2015 Edge 3.5 V6 Auto/Paddles