No Decorated Cake For You! Take Your Business Elsewhere!

The Club Water Cooler - Discussion of just about anything on your mind not Merkur related.

Merkur Club web site
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

No Decorated Cake For You! Take Your Business Elsewhere!

Post by Ed Lijewski »

Christian Man Asks Gay Bakeries To Make Anti-Gay Cake (Part 1): https://youtu.be/AJaroR_qTNs

YMMV 8)
Descartes: "Cogito Ergo Sum"
Lijewski: "Sum Ergo Drive-O. Mucho!
John Brennan
Level 8

Re: No Decorated Cake For You! Take Your Business Elsewhere

Post by John Brennan »

Let me preface my comment by saying I believe people can do whatever they want with their own private lives; it's no one else's business.

But there's a finer point being lost here by all those who claim this is all about religious freedom, when in fact, it's simply about freedom.

When you force someone, at "the point of a gun," so to speak, to do business with someone else, freedom is lost, and slavery has taken its place. The video illustrates (although not very well in my opinion) the hypocrisy of those who would force others to adapt to their belief systems while clearly not returning the favor.

Ironically, in the majority of well-publicized cases (e.g., Arlene's Bakery in Seattle), the proprietors have no issue with serving gays-- they sell things to them all the time, even know them personally and like and care for them-- it's the event (a gay wedding) they object to. So they're not discriminating against people, but an event they do not wish to participate in.

As always, "the road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
This is my car, and these are my people!
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
John V
Level 7
Level 7

Post by John V »

Wonder how people would feel if businesses could refuse service to people who have :been married more than once, had sex ever before marriage, had sex for any reason other than procreation, used the same knife or plate for cheese and meat, refused to say Grace forfore serving them, etc...

If it was something other than food service, wonder how people who support these ideas would feel if an ambulance driver on personal religious grounds (claimed---but never proven) refused service to haul your kid to the hospital till you proved you "worshipped' the exact way he ---in his little pointed head) decided was acceptable?

Wonder how many of the "righteous" have enough brain power to understand the implication of the "hero" in the parable of "The Good Samaritan" being a Samaritan----explicitly an "other", one who was not a Jew, but when all the other "good people" left him robbed and naked and bleeding, stopped and did the right thing? So far I have met one person professing to be a follower of Jesus who understood the story and its implications... 1 in 62 years.
John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle WA USA
CALL =-> (206) 431-9696 <-= CALL

http://www.rallyrace.net/jvab/
In XS 7
Level 7
Level 7

Post by In XS 7 »

I think many people who claim to be Christians do not understand what Christianity is all about; One thing is being a Christian and another thing is being a hypocrite, God don't like/love sin but He don't hate sinners, He hate sin no sinners, Jesus said in John 3:17 (paraphrase here) "I don't came to condemn the world but to save the world", one can talk to people about God and His salvation plan, but, no condemn them or judge them, at the end, it is a personal choice to decide what one wants to do; Jesus said: Love your enemies, and in another time He said love your neighbor like you love your self.
:cheers
Miguel.
89 XR4Ti Monique; Waking up a real "Night/Mare-Coor".
T5, NPR IC, PIMP ECU, Walbro 255, Dual piston BOV, Manual BC, 3" exhaust, One piece Aluminum drive-shaft, mc2 LSD, Boport 1.5 cam, Ported and polish head, big valves, 80# injectors, Bob's log, (soon HY35).
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

It's time for my back yard pig (if I had one...) to be turned into chops and loins, so I'm headed for the nearest/neighborhood slaughterhouse with it. Oh, so what if it's a Halal butchery; if I'm refused service I'll sue for discrimination.

If course, all liberaldom/ACLU will file Amicus briefs supporting Mohammed Halal's right of religious freedom under the Religious Freedom Rights Act (RFRA) to deny me simple swine slaughter service.

And guess what side the man in the Waffle House at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., that Waffler-in-residence par excellence will be on? Haha

YMMV 8)
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

Hey you gay mafia bullies, take your business to Dearbornistan:

http://louderwithcrowder.com/hidden-cam ... im-bakery/

YMMV 8)
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

ISIS angered by Mother's Day cakes:

https://mobile.mmedia.me/lb/en/newsrepo ... d-by-cakes

YMMV 8)
DAReese
Level 7
Level 7

Post by DAReese »

Ed Lijewski wrote:It's time for my back yard pig (if I had one...) to be turned into chops and loins, so I'm headed for the nearest/neighborhood slaughterhouse with it. Oh, so what if it's a Halal butchery; if I'm refused service I'll sue for discrimination.

If course, all liberaldom/ACLU will file Amicus briefs supporting Mohammed Halal's right of religious freedom under the Religious Freedom Rights Act (RFRA) to deny me simple swine slaughter service.

And guess what side the man in the Waffle House at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., that Waffler-in-residence par excellence will be on? Haha

YMMV 8)
Ed,

If he slaughtered pigs for others, and wouldn't for you, because of a group you are in that is protected, then, yes, you could sue. But I'm kinda guessing the Muslim butcher doesn't butcher pork for anyone, so I guess you're missing the point with the argument against Memories Pizza.
David Reese

88 XR4Ti - mono white T5, someday to be bi wing
89 Scorpio - waiting on some parts before it hits the road again
88 XR4Ti - mono red C3, parts car
used to own 86 dark blue traded in on a min van, what was I thinking?
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

DAReese wrote:
Ed,

If he slaughtered pigs for others, and wouldn't for you, because of a group you are in that is protected, then, yes, you could sue. But I'm kinda guessing the Muslim butcher doesn't butcher pork for anyone, so I guess you're missing the point with the argument against Memories Pizza.
And if the Christian baker baked gay wedding cakes for others, but not for you (speaking hypothetically, of course, not you), then there'd be a problem, but if the Christian baker doesn't bake gay wedding cakes for anyone, then, where's the discrimination?
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

Most civilized individuals know the boundaries of religious groups' sensitivities, and choose not to force their personal worldview and agenda on thise groups and their businesses. It's a big country with many bakeries and flower shops. The pederasts aim to force those who know such practices are absolutely unnatural yet are willing to acknowledge they exist within those communities spheres (live and let live), to pay convert the non-gay 94% of world to totally accept the gay agenda today, and whatever their agenda will be in the future.

The nazi gays pushing these issues demonstrate their basic lack of respect and tolerance for others, a key underpinning of a functioning and fair society.

My patience with their tactics is being shredded by them.

YMMV 8)
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

Ed Lijewski wrote:My patience with their tactics is being shredded by them.
Harumph, and to which I would add that they are by no means the only group of Professional Victims so engaged... frankly, I'm less than surprised by the, um enthusiasm displayed in their attempts to outdo their former 'oppressors.' Two wrongs don't make a right, never have, never will... or, as George Orwell put it,

"Surely none of you wants Mr. Jones back."
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
DAReese
Level 7
Level 7

Post by DAReese »

John Brennan wrote:
DAReese wrote:
Ed,

And if the Christian baker baked gay wedding cakes for others, but not for you (speaking hypothetically, of course, not you), then there'd be a problem, but if the Christian baker doesn't bake gay wedding cakes for anyone, then, where's the discrimination?
And if the baker doesn't serve any blacks, it isn't discrimination either, right? The discrimination is that they are a protected group. You can not serve them because of their attitude, their hair color, the car they drive, but not because they are gay.
David Reese

John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

The. Baker. Served. Gays.
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
timxr8
Level 5
Level 5

Post by timxr8 »

DAReese wrote:
John Brennan wrote:
DAReese wrote:
Ed,

And if the baker doesn't serve any blacks, it isn't discrimination either, right? The discrimination is that they are a protected group. You can not serve them because of their attitude, their hair color, the car they drive, but not because they are gay.
But they do serve gays. In your black people example, it would be like forcing someone to make a cake for their "white people must die" party. Whether you agree with the people in their choices, they honestly should have the freedom to choose who they serve. That sounds bad, and morally, I think it is bad, but this is f***** America. We live in a capitalistic society where we can pick and choose with whom we do business. If you don't like that business, then shop somewhere else. Blast them on Yelp or whatever stupid f***** website you want. Maybe the lack of business and negative feedback will cause them to change their policy. Or they live in an area where the demographic is just like them...whoa, think about that for a moment. A business tending to the demographic of their own community? No way. Oh wait, they need to start tending to the needs of whomever walks into their door or even calls, because this is how America is. One person doesn't like the way a business is doing something, so instead of going to a different business, that person makes them change. We are so f***** afraid of "insulting" people in the United States that we allow the minority to have more power than what is natural. It's amazing that I work in such a diverse environment, yet we say more racist and sexist things to each other on a daily basis than I feel comfortable with some days. Yet work doesn't stop, everything gets done, and we are all able to show up the next day with no awkwardness, no tension, nothing. Seriously, getting into an argument with an indian (the dot kind) over whether he is Asian or not (we all know India is in Asia) makes for just great fun. Hell, I've even been called Hitler before...or at least eluded to being called that. Ok, that was off topic, so let's get back to the whole gay thing. Oh wait, this shouldn't be about the gay thing, this should be about minorities' role in the shaping of a community. Communities tend to be created with like-minded people. When someone of a different mind comes in, they are usually pressured to either adapt or leave to preserve the continuity that community has. When you force the community to adapt to the minority you build resentment (at the very least). You cannot force change without having some sort of pushback.
Tim Spencer
1988 XR4Ti Duratec project car
2011 Taurus SHO daily driver...not stock.
DAReese
Level 7
Level 7

Post by DAReese »

Tim,

Communities are forced to adapt to a minority all of the time. Jim Crow laws aren't allowed. Redlining isn't allowed. Sidewalks have to have ramps. Blind pedestrian areas have signs put up for us to watch out for them. If I want to add a 2nd story to my office, I have to have an elevator. If a black moves in next door, he can't adapt. He'll still be black. If a gay moves in next door, he also can't adapt. Well, some can, because I don't think every single person who says they are gay are naturally drawn towards the same sex, I think some do it for the same reason we like Merkurs, to be different.

Yes, they do serve gays. So it would be alright for the caterer to allow blacks to eat in their restaurant, but refuse to cater to their weddings when they cater to white customers weddings? As a business owner, you don't get a choice on whether or not you can discriminate against a protected group. A private citizen does, a business doesn't. If gay weddings are legal and you cater weddings, you have to cater to gay weddings as well as straight ones. You can tell people over 6' tall you won't do their wedding because tall people make you uncomfortable, since they are not protected. legally, communities have to adapt to the changing demographics if they are a protected group. Yes, you can run someone out of town. That doesn't make it legal, or right for that matter.

If it is a matter of their Christian beliefs, shouldn't they also refuse to cater to weddings of divorced couples? While they might do so, I doubt they ask the question.

For those standing on their principles as Christians, do you really think Jesus would refuse to provide service for someone based on sexual preference? Look at Matthew 19:11-12. He accepted eunuchs who were born that way. That was a term used for gays at the time of Jesus.

Sometimes doing the right thing isn't the popular move. In this case, the right thing is to man up, cater the gay wedding and be on your "merry" way.
David Reese