Anyone like their Chromebook?

The Club Water Cooler - Discussion of just about anything on your mind not Merkur related.

andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Anyone like their Chromebook?

Post by andyofcolumbusmerkur » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:14 pm

Advice:
Seeing the price change from 110-to 180 on this chromebook and price on other one I was looking at change from 150 to 190 in just a week I suggest doing lots of shopping around and you can get a good deal on one. Sales going all the time. Mine should be an open box but in perfect shape and from some best buy warehouse someplace. Also it's listed as 2018 so shave a year off AUP or end of life, but at discount price you really can't complain about that very much.
You're only as good as the last car you build.

andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Anyone like their Chromebook?

Post by andyofcolumbusmerkur » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:24 am

This morning trouble logging into Paypal. Keeps sending me back after I enter password. Then It brings up a (reCAPTCHA checkbox widget) and that also gives me trouble when I try to click verify. So time to start using the new chromebook. This one (Acer) says mfg date 5-29-2013 on the bottom, and I bought it June 2013. So just about 6.5 years. So that works out to $2.56 bucks a month. Pretty good. The new one(Dell) seems to be the model used in high schools across the country so I hope it is as durable as this one has been.
You're only as good as the last car you build.