New Daily Driver

The Club Water Cooler - Discussion of just about anything on your mind not Merkur related.

Merkur Club web site
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Re: New Daily Driver

Post by andyofcolumbusmerkur »

Ha ha no again this also not my car. It was going over to the car show nearby. Ya it's a real 426 car. That yard is in Barberton, but doesn't usually look like that. I did a double cut which is pretty rare. Those ball fields have $80,000 dollar lawn mowers (seriously) which use reel mowers and then press the grass down as they go over, like a stripping kit does. But if you use a commercial mower with a high tip speed and high lift blades you can stripe pretty nice as long as the pitch is correct. Some areas of the country the grass is really different and you don't see those lines, also every 2 weeks is really common in areas. Sometimes people will ask for bi-weekly around here but I don't do that. I will let them skip a week anytime they want however or even more than that if it's not growing. Which can happen in the late summer. Sometimes people want it cut again after just 3 or 4 days in the Springtime. I try to keep people on their day and not make scheduling a nightmare. Also master of the landscapial arts is the preferred nomenclature. :D
The best way to keep your Kia from being stolen is to not have a Kia.
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

Could name your company "A Cut Below by a Cut Above".

YMMV
Descartes: "Cogito Ergo Sum"
Lijewski: "Sum Ergo Drive-O. Mucho!
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Post by andyofcolumbusmerkur »

How about big lettering on the side of my truck that says "Kings of Green" or "Best Grass in Town" or maybe "We love Grass"
:cheers
The best way to keep your Kia from being stolen is to not have a Kia.
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

Love those looks.

Using those double-bladed cutters that suck grass blades upward for trimming every cut looks fantastic.

But those blades need to be sharpened regularly in order to cut cleanly instead of tearing the grass which leaves a dull finish on the lawn.

I still think "A Cut Above" rocks.

YMMV
Descartes: "Cogito Ergo Sum"
Lijewski: "Sum Ergo Drive-O. Mucho!