Things seen when driving around...

The Club Water Cooler - Discussion of just about anything on your mind not Merkur related.

Merkur Club web site
zxr250cc
Level 5
Level 5

Things seen when driving around...

Post by zxr250cc »

Hi all,

I have been always interested in old cars, farm equipment, old farm buildings or whatever as I drive around. I also was a camera bug in the past and shot lots of film of things as I traveled. Recently while looking through things in a storage cube I found old cameras as I looked for something else and started shooting film again. I drive around on trips or locally looking for interesting items to shoot with black and white film.

I ran across an X-Type Jaguar this week. I had seen it before but this time I stopped and talked to the salvage yard about it. It has had the fuel pump and cats stolen out of it. Imagine that drive system in a Scorpio or XR! It has the 24v V6 with VVT and would certainly be fun. The amount of effort to make it happen is beyond my present ability as I have no where to work on such a project. It intrigues me but also makes me wish to have a garage space to work in and need to make that happen this year.

Anyone else with wish for projects?

Cheers
1986 XR4Ti Mineral Blue Metallic
b2bomber

Re: Things seen when driving around...

Post by b2bomber »

I would really enjoy to build a DF goblin kit car. Something tangible, that is awesome.
1986 Merkur XR4TI project..
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 12v, 5speed, 4x4, OBA, Winch, DIY flatbed+bumpers, Raptor lined, and some Carli bits.
2012 Kia Optima SX
2010 Honda CRV
andyofcolumbusmerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Things seen when driving around...

Post by andyofcolumbusmerkur »

A little Jeep project. The old mower "Roof" jeeps or newer style remakes.
Roof Palomino
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34ka33sC9ZQ

Massimo
https://akroncanton.craigslist.org/snd/7569959174.html
The best way to keep your Kia from being stolen is to not have a Kia.