Will you frown on me...

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 2-4, 2006.
Merkur Club web site
wilky
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wilky »

merkurdriver wrote:
DPDISXR4Ti wrote:
It kinda all depends on who's directing traffic, and if we're running low on spaces. Last year, it damn near came to a fist-fight when some guy with a F150 was certain that he was in the proper location. "See, this sign says M-E-R-K-U-R and the side of your truck says F-1-5-0", so that means you don't belong here.
:lol: I remember that guy. As soon as he opened his mouth I just walked in the opposite direction as quickly as possible.
Oh crap - what will I do if he objects to my parking my Cossie with the Merks then :lol: :lol:

Wilky

PS: Think I'll just run him over!! :twisted:
Seeking relationship with sexy lady Merkur owner (send pic of Merkur).
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

merkurdriver wrote:
DPDISXR4Ti wrote:
It kinda all depends on who's directing traffic, and if we're running low on spaces. Last year, it damn near came to a fist-fight when some guy with a F150 was certain that he was in the proper location. "See, this sign says M-E-R-K-U-R and the side of your truck says F-1-5-0", so that means you don't belong here.
:lol: I remember that guy. As soon as he opened his mouth I just walked in the opposite direction as quickly as possible.
Wuss.... :haha

As for Wilky... I'm afraid you'll be instructed to hand over the keys, title and registration to the ummm, parking attendant.

Sincerely,

The Parking Attendant :twisted:
Brad
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote:
merkurdriver wrote:
DPDISXR4Ti wrote:
Last year, it damn near came to a fist-fight when some guy with a F150 was certain that he was in the proper location. "See, this sign says M-E-R-K-U-R and the side of your truck says F-1-5-0", so that means you don't belong here.
Wuss.... :haha
He was pretty determined that was his parking spot. No need for me to have to listen to him - thats why the MCA head honcho's get paid all the big bucks to deal with guys like that - I know you guys are just rolling in all those $20 membership dues we send in faithfully. :lol:
Ray
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Ray »

Well how many spots do we get reserved for then?

I still need to make arrangements @ the campground (sorry, cant afford the hotel, and i like camping anyway)
-Ray
1985 Ford F150 - Tow Missile
1985 Merkur XR4Ti -#141 CP "Miss Daisy"
2005 Subaru LGT
http://www.cartct.com
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

Ray, I know a few Merkur guys who are camping there so you will be in good company. They hang out at the hotel with the rest of us until late then head over to the showfield to sleep.

Brad can add further insight to the parking spots alloted, but I'm guessing they use the # of pre-registered and then add a bit of breathing room on top of that #. However an event like last year with 100+ cars not pre-reistered you can see why we quickly outgrew our space 8)
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

demonfire wrote:I still need to make arrangements @ the campground (sorry, cant afford the hotel, and i like camping anyway)
No, you don't. You just roll in on Friday evening, hand $20 to one of the firemen running the campground, and go on in. There were TONS of spots available last year.

Whoa... I wonder if I should drive the old Jayco van-camper. :lol:

Colin
Instagram @colinrdoyle
89 Scorpio 2300-16V // 07 F-650 Cummins // 00 Beetle TDI
File to fit, paint to match.
Ray
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Ray »

Well as it stands i might be trailering after all.

If not expect me in a silver focus SVT that has a strange whine :)
-Ray
1985 Ford F150 - Tow Missile
1985 Merkur XR4Ti -#141 CP "Miss Daisy"
2005 Subaru LGT
http://www.cartct.com
Specktor
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Specktor »

Strange whine that would be me. But I didn't know were we riding together. :shock:
88 maroon xr4ti,
88 xr4ti now blue.
88 xr4ti black,
88 xr4ti red,
88 xr4ti white.
Can I stop now I'm broke.