A few people I want to thank

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 2-4, 2006.
Merkur Club web site
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Colin wrote:
turbopower wrote:Richard - I wouldn't be surprised to see you doing
the Flinstones brake conversion next year :D
I've got an old worn out pair of size 14 Caterpillar steel toes if you need cores for a big brake upgrade.
:haha :haha Priceless.... Hey, they are called brake SHOES, right? :lol:
Brad
XR4TIboostedmom
Level 1
Level 1

Post by XR4TIboostedmom »

I found a pic of the Brian who helped me now if I could find one of Don
Brian is the one on the far left of the pic with the green hat on.

Need an alarm system for your Merk??? Rescue a German shepherd today! PM me for details or visit www.awndr.petfinder.com
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

XR4TIboostedmom wrote:I found a pic of the Brian who helped me now if I could find one of Don
Yup, thats Brian Hart from MI.
Specktor
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Specktor »

I joined both mca and ms forums at the same time. I did join the mca, and went to the dinner. Wilky and the people I sat with were great. And my son and I had a good time. From an outsider view the mca people seemed a bit stand offish. It was my first carlise and if it wasn't for Erik,Tim(Reno) and some of the MS people who introduced us to other people. And Anglin and Grayson who introduced themselfs to us. We wouldn't have known anyone. And I doubt we would make the effort to go again except for the people who made us feel less like we had the plag. So a big thank you to all that made our first carlise worth the blood and sweat it took to go . Thanks again.
88 maroon xr4ti,
88 xr4ti now blue.
88 xr4ti black,
88 xr4ti red,
88 xr4ti white.
Can I stop now I'm broke.
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Specktor wrote: From an outsider view the mca people seemed a bit stand offish.
I'd be interested in hearing any specifics off-line if you'd like - even if it's me that seemed stand-offish - I can take it! :).

I think what often happens is sometimes we've got 12 things to do and someone wants to have a conversation. I know I've felt bad about having to cut a conversation short on several occassions over the years. A couple years ago, I got labeled snobby or some such cause I wouldn't help a guy fix his car at 10AM on the show-field when I needed to be at the tent at that moment. I asked if I could take a look at it later that afternoon - guess that wasn't an acceptable response. :?
Brad
Reno3133
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Reno3133 »

Thank you for the respect, joy and memories. This is my first carlisle, and enjoyed everything.

Brad - I'm the one who asked about your rims... :D
xr4man
Level 6
Level 6

Post by xr4man »

i was with him
ian the re-animator
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Reno3133 wrote:Thank you for the respect, joy and memories. This is my first carlisle, and enjoyed everything.
For whatever small part I may have played in that, you're welcome. :)
Reno3133 wrote:Brad - I'm the one who asked about your rims... :D
http://www.rotawheels.com/

Their US distributor.... http://www.rotawheel.com/

The ones I have are the Slipstream model in 16x7, 40mm offset. They don't offer too many choices in the 4x100 bolt pattern / 63.35mm hub, but if you're not in a hurry, they will order them for you.
Brad
AnHonestCitizen
Level 4
Level 4

Post by AnHonestCitizen »

In regards Specktor's take that people were not as friendly, I have an idea that might help:

Oftentimes when I 'm on the showfield on in the parking lot I don't know if I'm standing next to a Merkur owner or just a passerby, unless I recognize them from previous years.

Although full dues-paying MCA members get name tags, I think we should also provide blank tags that non-members who are still Merkur owners can fill out for themselves. Everyone should be encouraged to fill one out and encouraged to wear it when we are in our area on the show field or at the dinner or parking lot. My suggestion for the info that should be put on it:

Screen name: i.e. AnHonestCitizen

Car: i.e. 88 XR4Ti

Maybe encourage friends and family members who have come along with the Merkur owner to fill one out too. I.E.: Guest of AnHonestCitizen, blah, blah, blah.

Now I hate wearing name tags, but if it was explained to me why I need to then I would.

Hey Specktor, I grew up in New Haven.
merkurmaniac
Level 5
Level 5

Post by merkurmaniac »

That's why I wore mine. Of course, my minor accent would have prolly given me away as the sole dude from Texas too, though.

Its kinda wierd how you almost never get the right mental picture from reading people's posts and just looking at a single cheesy avatar. I guess very few people correctly. Think of how much different the boards would be if you recorded an audio post instead of typed it. Especially sarcasm, the bane of typed words.
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

The only person I really, really had visualized just about right was Tim/Reno. :lol:
Instagram @colinrdoyle
89 Scorpio 2300-16V // 07 F-650 Cummins // 00 Beetle TDI
File to fit, paint to match.
Specktor
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Specktor »

AnHonestCitizen wrote: Hey Specktor, I grew up in New Haven.
I live over on the west side in New Milford. I have no complaints about anyone themselfs . I used to be member of a few car clubs when I had the chargers and the 442 , and even the mustang. I think its because most times you joined a club they would normally do a meet and greet before an event or even just do a sign in when we got to the field so you could see who had arrived. And point out people around you while you were doing it. Now I understand car show things to do etc. So maybe it has to do with timing. I was pretty much just giving credit to the people who made us feel welcome. Except for the guy who made me move my car all those times. Which brings up question of mine, why does a carbon grille make you modifed if a cosworth grille doesn't.
88 maroon xr4ti,
88 xr4ti now blue.
88 xr4ti black,
88 xr4ti red,
88 xr4ti white.
Can I stop now I'm broke.
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by fastmaul »

Hahahaha what a funny Topic! LOL.

Ok so little Ed doesn't like gays but doesn't mind a flamer?? Hmmm :? :lol:

Honest that's cool idea too but I think people should also at the very least make an effort to say Hi i'm so and so (especially in the hotel parking lot).

I've also used my black XR (now owned by Joe in AR) as my daily driver. In fact Joe flew down with his dad bought the car, drove it to Carlisle last year then drove it back to Arkansas. I think only those who are "scared" to use it as a daily driver will always be paranoid. Taryn and I had some days off and didn't have any plans what did we do? We jumped in the Black XR and drove to Canada without any problems and NO tools in the car LOL.
Erik AKA MerkurSport's Bill payer. www.Merkursport.com The virtual Garage. Bring your own nudie calendar. You can now find MerkurSport on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/pages/MerkurSpo ... 5756984607
ztee24
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ztee24 »

Jen's thread got jacked!

I had my name tag on Saturday :D
merk23literturbo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by merk23literturbo »

I just got around to reading this post. Boosted Mom, The Don was me, glad I could help you out . You are quite welcome. See you again next year. It was a good time as usual.

Just wanted to add, Jim Wichert was also lending a hand with the repair.
German engineer: We custom fit every part in the Porsche engine.
Japanese engineer: You mean that you make every part wrong to begin with?