The Awards we forgot to give....

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 2-4, 2006.
Merkur Club web site
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

The Awards we forgot to give....

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Best Brownies ever.... Valerie Delligatti
Most Pregnant... Taryn Cotos (sorry T, we couldn't find anyone else in your "class")
Most likely to donate XR4 as a locking overnight container... Jack Middleton
Most likely to start fist-fight with Expedition owner parked in Merkur section.... Chuck Dreesen
Happiest guy at the show... Former Merkur Product Manager Paul Straub, upon realizing that all his efforts were not in vain after all :D

Feel free to add to the list... :)
Brad
MagentaRed
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MagentaRed »

Best Video Presentation Put Together In Under 2 Hours-Daniel West.
Great work Dan
Scott Williams
Roseland, New Jersey
1989 Merkur Scorpio, Strato Silver Auto-Flex High Gloss Coating, euro headlamps, euro tail lamps, custom wheels
2019 Ford Flex SEL, AWD, SYNC3, Pwr. Liftgate, Premium Audio
2014 Ford Flex SEL, AWD, Towing, Appearance Pkg.
2000 Volvo SE, Our Florida Car
mhamilton
Level 6
Level 6

Post by mhamilton »

Most likely to loose business because of the same shite like last year- Hotel Carlisle

Honorary member of the Pontiac-Oakland Club- Brad Anesi

Most Missed Member-John Brennan

Most lost w/o his or her Merkur-Mark Hamilton
"Head for the Hills, the Town of Lompach is Under Water!"
mhamilton
Level 6
Level 6

Post by mhamilton »

I'm glad Chuck didn't notice I parked the gray Focus ST with the Merkurs. Hey it was registered with the MCA!
ztee24
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ztee24 »

MOST ANTS IN HOTEL- HOTEL CARLISLE
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

mhamilton wrote:Most likely to loose business because of the same shite like last year- Hotel Carlisle
Right! Security Gaurd guy was very kind to inform me that I must return to my room immediately or the police would come and arrest me. For what?? Being out in the parking lot after 11:00 pm. :roll: Am I loud or drunk? No. Do I have an open container in my hand? No, just an umbrella. So remember it is illegal in PA to stand outside in the rain in a hotel parking lot which you are paying $117.00 a night to be there if it is after 11:00 pm. WTF....
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

merkurdriver wrote:
mhamilton wrote:Most likely to loose business because of the same shite like last year- Hotel Carlisle
Right! Security Gaurd guy was very kind to inform me that I must return to my room immediately or the police would come and arrest me. For what?? Being out in the parking lot after 11:00 pm. :roll: Am I loud or drunk? No. Do I have an open container in my hand? No, just an umbrella. So remember it is illegal in PA to stand outside in the rain in a hotel parking lot which you are paying $117.00 a night to be there if it is after 11:00 pm. WTF....
A rent-a-cop with a Napolean complex - the one thing we didn't plan for. :roll: That dude was acting totally on his own accord, so even though the front desk had all of our cell#'s to call, they were never made aware of what was going on. From what I understand, he was back later on that night apologizing once the on-duty manager at the front desk bitch-slapped him. I think we could have had him making beer runs for us Saturday night, if needed. :lol:

We'll consider our options again for next year, but they're limited if we want to have an on-premise dinner.
Brad
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

Yeah I had heard the manager had set that guy straight later on. I was around Saturday morning when Saul was telling the manager what an A-hole that guys was. Good to know the MCA head honchos share the voice of the people and get things handled.
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

The securitard redeemed himself on Saturday night when he Bonneville'd that F-series truck that was doing burnouts. That was hilarious... :lol:

Colin
Instagram @colinrdoyle
89 Scorpio 2300-16V // 07 F-650 Cummins // 00 Beetle TDI
File to fit, paint to match.
StevenD57

Saul's award

Post by StevenD57 »

Yes, I got to stand there while Saul did a very good job of speaking with the two police officers who were called to the scene on Friday night. I think he should get a special above and beyond award for this too.

While we are speaking of special awards, I think Dave Compton should get a honorable mention for his "in your face" talk with the guy doing the burn-outs. :-)
--
Steven A. DuChene
shooting for twin cam 4 valve head for Carlisle 2011

Friends don't let friends use MS Windows
Linux = no virii or spyware, EVER
white_2kgt

Re: The Awards we forgot to give....

Post by white_2kgt »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote:Most likely to start fist-fight with Expedition owner parked in Merkur section.... Chuck Dreesen
Sorry about that, you could have asked me to move it :lol:
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

mhamilton wrote:Most Missed Member-John Brennan
You know, that's a very kind thing to say-- thank you very much. 8)

I shall always strive to deserve it.
This is my car, and these are my people!
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

John Brennan wrote:
mhamilton wrote:Most Missed Member-John Brennan
You know, that's a very kind thing to say-- thank you very much. 8)

I shall always strive to deserve it.
I swear it's true. I get out of my car and see someone and we exchange "Hi"s and the next thing the other person says is "wonder if John Brennan'l' be here?" Stroll down a few cars and and meet someone new, exchange names, and I hear "Oh, yeah, Ed L.; Is John Brennan here, too?" Made me wonder why I even bothered to shine my car. :roll: :lol: :wink:

I could say I got a bit weary of hearing that...but I really didn't!!!

You WERE missed, JB. :D

YMMV 8)
Descartes: "Cogito Ergo Sum"
Lijewski: "Sum Ergo Drive-O. Mucho!
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

Yup! Carlisle would've been 100% better with John and Sarah (quirkymerk) there! That's not to say Carlisle was bad, but it would've been that much better! :)

Colin
Instagram @colinrdoyle
89 Scorpio 2300-16V // 07 F-650 Cummins // 00 Beetle TDI
File to fit, paint to match.
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

You wanna know the funny thing... Thursday night I got to Carlisle and went to the brewpub where John and I had dinner a couple years ago. Upon returning, I logged in and dropped John a note, telling him how it just wasn't quite the same, sharing the most excellent cask-conditioned IPA with some stranger at the bar.

We better stop - we're gonna make John cry... :cry:
Brad