Carlisle Regrets

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 2-4, 2006.
Merkur Club web site
xr4man
Level 6
Level 6

Post by xr4man »

i was thinking misinformation and lack of comunication seem to be a problem. i'm just a little slow putting my thoughts into words.
ian the re-animator
Specktor
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Specktor »

Only regrets I have was I didn't get to ask the techincal questions I had planned to ask people about the mods they made in person.
88 maroon xr4ti,
88 xr4ti now blue.
88 xr4ti black,
88 xr4ti red,
88 xr4ti white.
Can I stop now I'm broke.
tannehilln
Level 4
Level 4

Post by tannehilln »

Unfortunatly no matter how many ways we try to get he word out on some things people do not get it. As to MCA dues, they are what pays for the domain registration and IP for this forum and the IMON list, so there is more than Carlisle and a newsletter. We hope to add some additional benifits to the package this year.

I must have been in a fog because I only saw one bit of dissention and that was Sunday at the meeting.
Every day above ground is a good day!

Norm Tannehill

The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on.
Joseph Heller
ztee24
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ztee24 »

Brad....Erik will yell at me! Oh, good to see you on MS! Very nice!

:D

anglin...? 1 individual? Who's that?
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by fastmaul »

My regrets? Not leaving the cossie in the garage Nov 22nd so that it would have made it to Carlisle this year.
Not getting to meet more people even though I did meet so many new ones.
Not getting the video/pictures I really wanted to.
Not running throught the showfield naked with Mustangs sucks written on my A$$. hahaha.

Now on to the that one person. I think what makes it difficult to the MCA newbies or mostly MS guys is that this dude seems to be speaking with MCA authority which might leave a sour taste to the other guys. I thought Jerry was cool and he was even on the MS live chat with us a week before Carlisle shootin the shite. I understand he was upset about several things like Wilky breaking off from the convoy, the MS dinner thing (which isn't a big deal it's ONLY a buffet for those that just didn't want to/Don't go to MCA one). Sunday morning he was speaking with Colin in our table about the dinner stuff the night before and how we shouldn't be divided blah,blah,blah. I didn't say anything because well, It might not have been pretty. I don't understand why a grown man has such issues? Do we ALL not go back to the Showfield? do we ALL not hang out at the hotel parking lot? There is only ONE Club it's MCA. No one that I know of is dividing the club, it's the only one, it's the same name I put down last year on our cars as club we belong to, it's the same name we put down this year on T's car. Brad maybe you should have a talk with him? He needs to chill and let people be.
One last thing, Brad told me maybe we should have a gang fight, if we do, can we have it by the ugly cars, the nice ones have spent to much money and time to get them there LOL.
-Erik
Erik AKA MerkurSport's Bill payer. www.Merkursport.com The virtual Garage. Bring your own nudie calendar. You can now find MerkurSport on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/pages/MerkurSpo ... 5756984607
xr4man
Level 6
Level 6

Post by xr4man »

thank you erik, that was what i was trying to fumble out, but couldn't quite say it right.

as for the gang fight i will only attend if everyone is in tights and we have a dance off!
ian the re-animator
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

fastmaul wrote:One last thing, Brad told me maybe we should have a gang fight, if we do, can we have it by the ugly cars, the nice ones have spent to much money and time to get them there LOL.
-Erik
Oh sure, you just want an excuse to cut my Pontiac grille with your gangsta switchblade! :P

The irony with Jerry is that he was very anti-MCA until recently, and he still disagrees with some of what we do. As I think I said elsewhere (I'm loosing track of what I've said on-line vs. off), his heart is in the right place, his delivery just needs some work at times. There are other individuals no longer involved with MCA, where I couldn't make that same statement.
Brad
jasonty
Level 6
Level 6

Post by jasonty »

so true. ask the question to those that know, dont just sit around and grip and BS about it. Brad and all want to make this work.
anglin wrote:
xr4man wrote:... but what does that have to do with brad's original question about the "politics" and what to do about it?
As you know, misinformation is a problem. The key with resolving misinformation problems is going straight to the source (unless you like getting 'all up in' some gossip). That also may be what is at the root of Taryn's issue. Hopefully she takes the time to get information from the source, rather than merely reacting to an individual.
jason yancey
stephens city va
87XR-88XR
NOVAMOG

"as long as you keep picking on me I will tend to mad post about me getting mad......"
fastmaul
Level 7
Level 7

Post by fastmaul »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote:
fastmaul wrote:One last thing, Brad told me maybe we should have a gang fight, if we do, can we have it by the ugly cars, the nice ones have spent to much money and time to get them there LOL.
-Erik
Oh sure, you just want an excuse to cut my Pontiac grille with your gangsta switchblade! :P

The irony with Jerry is that he was very anti-MCA until recently, and he still disagrees with some of what we do. As I think I said elsewhere (I'm loosing track of what I've said on-line vs. off), his heart is in the right place, his delivery just needs some work at times. There are other individuals no longer involved with MCA, where I couldn't make that same statement.
Ok, who spilled the beans about my Gangsta' blade!! now, i'm gonna haf to cut ya. LOL.

Ok well as long as we all know now what's up. I know he wants to keep everyone together all in one spot but hell, it doesn't always work that way.
Ok one more thing, I also believe NON MCA members should be able to have their car's judged (if wanted). I think it's equal in swapping trophy's. They help you win yours and they should be able to win one. The goody bag, Dinner tickets (lower price) is fine with Paid members. That's just me though. :) It can be done as proven by Colin in another post... he won an award and wasn't even a member yet. ;)

Now this gang fight thing, if I wear tights, will it make me look fat? :shock: :lol:
Erik AKA MerkurSport's Bill payer. www.Merkursport.com The virtual Garage. Bring your own nudie calendar. You can now find MerkurSport on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/pages/MerkurSpo ... 5756984607
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

fastmaul wrote:Ok one more thing, I also believe NON MCA members should be able to have their car's judged (if wanted). I think it's equal in swapping trophy's. They help you win yours and they should be able to win one.
I know this one is a touchy subject, and I was initially one of the ones who was totally against "members only" judging. The thing is, the last year we just included everyone, several of the awards that were given to non-members went uncollected - they were totally disinterested. The other thing is, and this is kind of a gray area, but it's nice for the person to be at the dinner to accept the award, and generally speaking, members attend the dinner. Admitedly that's partly why I made sure we tracked down a ticket for Wes; it would have been a bummer for him to get the "best in show" award and not be there to publicly receive it.

Regarding the trophy, as far as I'm concerned, everyone who's there owns it. You own it as much as I do as much as the next guy who registers a Merkur. There's no big check that comes along with it - no weekend in the Bahamas, it's just a symbolic trophy that gets stuffed in someone's basement and collects dust. I have the one from 2003, I think - maybe I'll cut it up into 100 pieces and throw a piece into the goody bag next year. Oh crap, can't do that - it would go to members only! D'oh!!!! :twisted:
Brad
merkurmaniac
Level 5
Level 5

Post by merkurmaniac »

Man, I am going to have to work on my skills for next year. Especially my nun-chuk skilz. And to think I am still working on my brake maintenace merrit badge....

I am picturing a gang fight like in that movie with Will Farrell called Anchorman.....

One guy pulls out a v-belt and swings it around his head. His buddy steps out and pulls an outer tie rod end out of his jacket pocket and slaps the end (steering rack end) menacingly into his hand.

The other side appears, and the boss steps out with carbon fibre brass knuckles. (look cool, functionality... not so much.) His second appears, carring a drive axle like a baseball bat....
anglin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by anglin »

jasonty wrote:so true. ask the question to those that know, dont just sit around and grip and BS about it. Brad and all want to make this work.
True dat. It must be remembered that the MCA folks are ALL volunteers giving their own time, for free, to make an event like Carlisle work so well.

My hat's off to those who did anything voluntarily for the good of the group, whether it was the folks who judged for awards, the folks who made brownies, the folks who got small groups together to enjoy meals, or the people who negotiated with Carlisle Productions to get us a good spot on the showfield and a large shelter. You all gave your own personal time for the benefit of others. Thanks!
Anglin email: - anglin at mc2racing.com
www.mc2racing.com
Ray
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Ray »

-Erik
Hey, i have a few hundred hours of work in my ugly car, so step off! :x

Like she says on the back window "Merkur: Because Race Cars Don't Have to be Pretty" -- doesn't mean i dont love her.
-Ray
1985 Ford F150 - Tow Missile
1985 Merkur XR4Ti -#141 CP "Miss Daisy"
2005 Subaru LGT
http://www.cartct.com
ztee24
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ztee24 »

Hey, if the trophey is all ours..can I borrow it for an event...this year, and last years? :lol: :lol: :lol:
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

ztee24 wrote:Hey, if the trophey is all ours..can I borrow it for an event...this year, and last years? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Absolutely. I think you'll have to drive to Pittsburgh to get last year's though.
Brad