Carlisle Hotel parking lot music

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 2-4, 2006.
Merkur Club web site
xrian
Level 7
Level 7

Post by xrian »

Damn John, me too!!! We must be twins!?!?!
John Brennan wrote:I just checked in the mirror, and sure enough, not only am I white, but my damned neck is red after mowing the lawn. :oops:

Dammit! :lol:
Ian G-J
Ontario, Canada
wilky
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wilky »

Ed Lijewski wrote:Yo Suppa C: You've got a market right here of salivating whities and rednecks hungry for a CD or two of your Carlisle party mix. My wallet is open; maybe others are, too. Burn copies and sell them to us. :wink: :D

YMMV 8)
Yeah - what my buddy Ed said - lets get some of those tunes!!

Wilky
Seeking relationship with sexy lady Merkur owner (send pic of Merkur).
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Damn, I didn't even hear them and I want a CD too!!! 8)
Brad
SuperCollasus
Level 5
Level 5

Post by SuperCollasus »

You guys are funny. JB I wish you were there Bro. Maybe, next year?

Ed, you are the gentlemen I always pictured you to be and a nice XR to match. Well done.

P.S. I wonder what " rednecks " are thinking when I roll down the street playing blood sweat and tears or jeffeson starship? PMSL!
merkurmaniac
Level 5
Level 5

Post by merkurmaniac »

Actually, I didn't see any rednecks, per se, but I am from Texas and I may have been used to seeing a different sort...

Anyways, any idears on where I can find the instrumental versions ? I checked my ruski website tonight and found the flute song which was cool, but it had tons of vocals (still not bad.) . I also downloaded a couple others, but they use the "N-word" so often, it makes it tough to listen too, and definately prohibits it from my computer during work hours. All of your were listed as instumentals... so what gives ? Do I have to be a DJ to get 'em ?

Maybe we'll have a Karaoke night in the parking lot next year.... Well, o.k., maybe not.
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

SuperCollasus wrote:P.S. I wonder what " rednecks " are thinking when I roll down the street playing blood sweat and tears or jeffeson starship? PMSL!
Dude, you're a BS&T fan? You rock! 8)

How 'bout Weather Report? I actually have them playing as I type this?
Brad
SuperCollasus
Level 5
Level 5

Post by SuperCollasus »

Really? Finding instrumentals is very hard leave alone downloading them and this is coming from a Dude who has 40+, 80minute volumes of them. 8)

I think of like classical music in the form of hiphop. It gives me something to groove to without the lyrics so I can think and create without any lyrics giving me ideas and such.

I'll tell you what, since your a fan send me an email: igotmyfocus-at-hotmail.com .

Maybe, I'll be able to get you what you want... :P

Wilky - nothing but the Moody Blues for you my friend my Canadian Club friend. It was a pleasure seeing you and I hope to see you more this year.

P.S. How about that boat mate?

Ed - you kill me Dude! PMSL! Glad to have finally met you. I only wish I had you and JB there at the same time to go a few rounds in a peaceful debate. Now that would have been something.

Lastly, I appreciate the MCA a little bit more now. This is coming from a Dude who loves MerkurSport. The reason why I say this is because I was able to see the differences between the two. They are totally different animals to me. See, MS is a like a small group of friends who get together. MCA is like a big organized club. Both share some simularities but are totally different in the grand scheme of things. It was cool noticing that on Saturday night when it came to me. Personally, the club things is cool but friends are like family and family is paramount. Also, I don't see it as " it's them vs us kind of thing. We are all grown ass men and women and that stuff is a little out of date. It's just a thing man. A preference of some sort or even a little bit of both. There's nothing wrong with either or, which also make me feel really good about both group!!! So, with all this being said, I'd like to thank the MCA for doing their part for bring Merkur's to Carlisle. I had an amazing time and I bloody well can't wait till next year. I'd also like to thank my friends at MerkurSport for enriching the valueable experiences in my life. I miss y'all in mad amouts!!!!

PEACE!
Jay
SuperCollasus
Level 5
Level 5

Post by SuperCollasus »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote:
SuperCollasus wrote:P.S. I wonder what " rednecks " are thinking when I roll down the street playing blood sweat and tears or jeffeson starship? PMSL!

My two favorities from BS&T are Spinning Wheel and These Eyes. I love " These Eyes. " When I was growing up my mom used to play these soulful songs all the time. Dare, I put up my play list of my 70's classic rock mixed CD!?!?! I think I gave XRIan one for his birthday last year! 8)
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

SuperCollasus wrote:Lastly, I appreciate the MCA a little bit more now. This is coming from a Dude who loves MerkurSport. The reason why I say this is because I was able to see the differences between the two. They are totally different animals to me. See, MS is a like a small group of friends who get together. MCA is like a big organized club. Both share some simularities but are totally different in the grand scheme of things. It was cool noticing that on Saturday night when it came to me. Personally, the club things is cool but friends are like family and family is paramount. Also, I don't see it as " it's them vs us kind of thing. We are all grown ass men and women and that stuff is a little out of date. It's just a thing man. A preference of some sort or even a little bit of both. There's nothing wrong with either or, which also make me feel really good about both group!!! So, with all this being said, I'd like to thank the MCA for doing their part for bring Merkur's to Carlisle. I had an amazing time and I bloody well can't wait till next year. I'd also like to thank my friends at MerkurSport for enriching the valueable experiences in my life. I miss y'all in mad amouts!!!!

PEACE!
Jay
Thank you Jay - I'm bummed now that I didn't get the chance to meet you this year. :x

I agree, it totally should NOT be an "us vs. them" kind of thing. That's what turns people away from the community and we'd all be worse off if that happens. I also totally recognize that we're a diverse group of various ages and interests, and as a result, various groups will exist within the Merkur community. That's fine, I have zero issues with that. And specifically, I take zero issue with the existance of MerkurSport.

What I do take issue with is words and actions which incite an "us vs. them" mentality. Sounds like Jerry was doing a fair amount of that, though I truly think his intentions were exactly the opposite. He needs to work on his "delivery" and realize that people don't like to be told what to do, especially by someone their father's age!

Enough rambling for one post...
Brad
Reno3133
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Reno3133 »

Well said brad...

so lets get back to music....

Did you know how many times people asked when they were inside my car, "So is that tool"?

hahahahahahaha

5 times.... :D :lol:
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Reno3133 wrote: Did you know how many times people asked when they were inside my car, "So is that tool"?
I had a bunch of tools in my car, cause, like, I needed them to remove the C4 at the junkyard that I stopped at on the way down. :?

Wait, is tool the name of some band you kids listen to? :P :haha

Hope I die before I get old... 8)
Brad
merkurmaniac
Level 5
Level 5

Post by merkurmaniac »

SuperCollosus (didn't they sell that at Jack-in-the-box once?,) wanna trade some stereo MC's for a couple of those instumentals ? I highly recommend "If I only had a brain" --- I listened to that as we rolled into St.Louis at 2am last year.

I guess that two years before, the song I am most reminiscent of would be the M&M song "without you." I prolly heard that one 50 times on the trip. Dejan Cokic played that for me in his XR on the showfield. Cool dude with some cool tunes. He had some nice speaker enclosures built into his XR doors. When I hear that song, i think of me driving a rented Chrysler Minivan from Albany NY to Philly on my way to Carlisle.
xrian
Level 7
Level 7

Post by xrian »

These Eyes = The Guess Who
SuperCollasus wrote:
DPDISXR4Ti wrote:

My two favorities from BS&T are Spinning Wheel and These Eyes. I love " These Eyes. " When I was growing up my mom used to play these soulful songs all the time. Dare, I put up my play list of my 70's classic rock mixed CD!?!?! I think I gave XRIan one for his birthday last year! 8)
Ian G-J
Ontario, Canada
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

Reno3133 wrote:Did you know how many times people asked when they were inside my car, "So is that tool"?

hahahahahahaha

5 times.... :D :lol:
Guilty. :oops:
Instagram @colinrdoyle
89 Scorpio 2300-16V // 07 F-650 Cummins // 00 Beetle TDI
File to fit, paint to match.
Ed Lijewski
Level 8

Post by Ed Lijewski »

Damn, the Guess Who was an AWESOME group [even if they were Canadian! :P ]!!!! Can't recall the lead singer's name right now, but he had just a tremendous voice. One of a kind. And, who doesn't twitch and boogie even without realizing it when American Woman is playing? :wink:

YMMV 8)

xrian wrote:These Eyes = The Guess Who
SuperCollasus wrote:
DPDISXR4Ti wrote: Dude, you're a BS&T fan? You rock! 8)

Descartes: "Cogito Ergo Sum"
Lijewski: "Sum Ergo Drive-O. Mucho!