automatic transmision A4LD into capri manual gearbox

Merkur Scorpio / XR4Ti Technical Library - Check here for answers to common questions, problems and modifications.

Moderator: John Brennan

Merkur Club web site
johny

Post by johny »

hello, i want to built in a A4LD automatic transmission from a Scorpio/mercur 2.9i 1993 into A capri 1981 2.8i manuel gearbox . I dont have any throuble to change the transmission into the capri but how connect the wiring from the automatic transmission to the capri? ANY information is very welcom thans johny
merkurdriver
Level 8

Re: automatic transmision A4LD into capri manual gearbox

Post by merkurdriver »

Our 2.9 Scorpios were only available 1988-1989 and the a4ld in these are unique as they are not computer controlled, so there is no wiring besides a vacuum switch for the converter lock up and the plug for the NSS / reverse light switch.

You might have an easier time if you find a older Granada / Scorpio A4LD 1985-1989 without computer control.
johny

Re: automatic transmision A4LD into capri manual gearbox

Post by johny »

Hi; I have a early A4LD transmission from 1988 dismantled but i have all the parts mostle new parts,only one thing i not find is the valve body shuttle ball location (7) the information i find is only for 6 ball exept merkur/Scorpio? location for the 7 ball is not mention? thank you for the information Mvg johny
johny

Post by johny »

hello, overdrive and intermediat pistons . is the overdrive spring stronger than the intermediat spring i have two covers with pistons and 2 springs but i dont know were the springs go . A4LD trans. thanks johny