Carlisle Fever, You Got it?

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 1-3, 2007.
Merkur Club web site
mhamilton
Level 6
Level 6

Carlisle Fever, You Got it?

Post by mhamilton »

Oh today in Ohio...Was warm and rained all day! Just like Carlisle All-Ford Nats! It's getting closer...
"Head for the Hills, the Town of Lompach is Under Water!"
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Somehow, it was 77 degrees here yesterday - 8 degrees warmer than NYC, despite being 40 miles northwest of it City; exactly one week prior I was out sliding around on icy roads, frozen by the 15 degree temps; snow is forecasted for tomorrow night. WTF?! :shock:

This can only mean that March Madness is here and Carlisle is but an eye-blink away! (How I came to that conclusion is a deeply guarded secret) :P
Brad
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

I've got it bad! Every spare moment is now dedicated to making the XR carlisle-ready. I pulled the engine out last night (gets quicker every time!), so I'll be able to swap the manual rack, late m/c and booster, and 89 coolant bottle in tonight. Woooohooooooooo! Next up: 8.8 install! Got the beam back from powdercoat, got the gears, got the aluminum case, got the bushings, still need a diff. Muahahahahahahahahaha!!! :twisted:

Oh, and the weather ain't bad, either! It's been in the high 40s to low 50s all week... just today, though, it dropped down below freezing. Snow is forecasted for tonight. D'oh!

Colin
Instagram @colinrdoyle
89 Scorpio 2300-16V // 07 F-650 Cummins // 00 Beetle TDI
File to fit, paint to match.
John Brennan
Level 8

Post by John Brennan »

We're in the 90's already here-- yikes! :shock: Too soon for that! Hope it cools off again before Summer really starts... :flame

I have absolutely no idea as to whether or not I'll be able to attend Carlisle this year-- or the family reunion in Chicago at the same time, or the Maine trip we've been wanting to make, or the trip back up the coast to Seattle...
This is my car, and these are my people!
2015 Fiesta ST
2020 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
jasonty
Level 6
Level 6

Post by jasonty »

im ready, car isnt, but itll be ok......
it hit the 70s here yesterday and earlier in the week.....today sleet, rain and freezing rain, calling for 3-5 inches of snow :roll:
jason yancey
stephens city va
87XR-88XR
NOVAMOG

"as long as you keep picking on me I will tend to mad post about me getting mad......"
GeneticRehab
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GeneticRehab »

Well I was enjoying the Keys and Mexico this past week :twisted: . And boy am I red like lobster! 80's and Golf breezy. You know I have to have a tan before Carlisle. I wouldn't want to burn while I'm their.
Jason Liss
1989 XR Still in pieces

1986 XR Sold!
mhamilton
Level 6
Level 6

Post by mhamilton »

Got the Fever real bad! This will be the 1st year I'll be at Carlisle w/o a Merkur. I plan on owning another one by this time in 08.

Anyone need a driver this year?

Hey, it looks like it is going to be dry this time for our Merkur Gathering. We could use the rain!!!

The Convoy (I-70) will be smaller this year but I am still excited about it.
"Head for the Hills, the Town of Lompach is Under Water!"
Rocky Leitch
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Rocky Leitch »

Nope, we will not be there.
So it's up to all of you to let
the rest of us know how it went
Pic's please. I'm excited for the rest
of you!!

Rocky
Hellooo Nurse!!
Ray
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Ray »

I have got the fever, and i can't go.
:(
-Ray
1985 Ford F150 - Tow Missile
1985 Merkur XR4Ti -#141 CP "Miss Daisy"
2005 Subaru LGT
http://www.cartct.com
MerkurScorpio
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MerkurScorpio »

Let's put it this way, my brother-in-law and I worked late into the night last night on my Scorpio for last minute preparations despite having to run for cover when a coyote attempted to hunt down an oppossum about 100 feet from where we were working. Once the "hunt" was over (with the oppossum successfully evading capture and subsequent digestion) we resumed work for another hour. In other words, my Carlisle fever has taken over my better senses...and apparently my brother-in-law's too. And he isn't even coming to Carlisle, he just wanted my car to be ready! Great guy!
-Paul-Michael Van Hook, Northeastern PA
'89 Merkur Scorpio "HookSport"

Paul-Aaron Zachary Van Hook is one year old! Born 11/4/2009!

My Facebook page