Hotel Information

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 6-8, 2008.
Merkur Club web site
KingpinCEO
Level 7
Level 7

Post by KingpinCEO »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote:
CV12Steve wrote:
KingpinCEO wrote:i just reserved my room.
next step will be to register with MCA.. i'll do that on april 2nd.
i got this crazy theory about registering before then.
Does your theory have anything to do with a full dues 2 month membership?
No worries - sign up or renew now and it will be extended through March 31, 2009 - 14 months for the price of 12! :D Web-site will updated shortly....
will do.

is there any group rate discounts for registering on the fun field?... just checkin.
1985 Merkur XR4Ti - 2.5 ranger block greyhound bus turbo
1988 Mercedes Benz 190e - awaiting airbag suspension
2005 Dodge Magnum - 336,000 Mile Daily driver
2008 Subaru Legacy GT - crazy loud boxer rumble
2009 Suzuki GSX650F - crotch rocket

ig: @DJ_Kingpin
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

KingpinCEO wrote: is there any group rate discounts for registering on the fun field?... just checkin.
Actually, I've been on the phone with them a couple times over the last week or so and they're no longer offering the extra $5 early discount like they used to for club registrations in by Feb 28. :x They still offer the "regular" early discount if you're registered by early May, so you've got plenty of time for that - I'll be sending a bunch of reminder messages out by that point.
Brad
MerlinMerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Post by MerlinMerkur »

So uh, I know most of you scrubs probly hate my mouth by now but.. anyone willing to take on another roomate for this there group rate?
Wife wont be coming so Ill be lookin for roomies.

Come on, it'll be my first Carlizzle, cut me some slack! 8)
PM me.
~Travis
87.5 Mono XR- LA3, FMIC, Adj Cam, Gillis, CAI/Cone, +15% rates - Koni adj, Coss frnt/rr sways, rr brc., Ported manis, 3" DP w/dualz, PBRs, rear disks and enough gadjets and switches to make Batman jealous! And more comin! Speak up.
merk23literturbo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by merk23literturbo »

I just called the hotel directly and they have no single rooms listed for $109. They only list the $119 room. Maybe Brad can make a call? Probably just bad internal communication, if I had to guess.
Thanks to all at MCA who make this all possible :)
See you all there!
German engineer: We custom fit every part in the Porsche engine.
Japanese engineer: You mean that you make every part wrong to begin with?
KingpinCEO
Level 7
Level 7

Post by KingpinCEO »

when you call you have to mention the secret password to get the discount rate.

its "i'm with merkur club of america"
1985 Merkur XR4Ti - 2.5 ranger block greyhound bus turbo
1988 Mercedes Benz 190e - awaiting airbag suspension
2005 Dodge Magnum - 336,000 Mile Daily driver
2008 Subaru Legacy GT - crazy loud boxer rumble
2009 Suzuki GSX650F - crotch rocket

ig: @DJ_Kingpin
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

KingpinCEO wrote:when you call you have to mention the secret password to get the discount rate.

its "i'm with merkur club of america"
Don- Try again as Dr. Jaimeson has suggested. There's no way they should be out of our block of rooms yet.

Let me know if you're still having issues.
Brad
MagentaRed
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MagentaRed »

Just completed my reservation by phone with the hotel. No problems at all. Got the $109 rate for Merkur Club of America.

Scott
Scott Williams
Roseland, New Jersey
1989 Merkur Scorpio, Strato Silver Auto-Flex High Gloss Coating, euro headlamps, euro tail lamps, custom wheels
2019 Ford Flex SEL, AWD, SYNC3, Pwr. Liftgate, Premium Audio
2014 Ford Flex SEL, AWD, Towing, Appearance Pkg.
2000 Volvo SE, Our Florida Car
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Still rooms available, but they're going fast. Get your room reserved now or you'll be sleeping in your car come June! :P
Brad
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

merk23literturbo wrote:I just called the hotel directly and they have no single rooms listed for $109. They only list the $119 room.
Same here. They swore up/down/left/right that there is only $119 available for our group.
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

merkurdriver wrote:
merk23literturbo wrote:I just called the hotel directly and they have no single rooms listed for $109. They only list the $119 room.
Same here. They swore up/down/left/right that there is only $119 available for our group.
I just got this complaint from someone else, so I've got a call into the hotel to see what the story is. Sit tight....
Brad
MarkM
Level 7
Level 7

Post by MarkM »

merkurdriver wrote:
You can add me to the list. I figured I'd book now and argue later.
Mark
MarkM
Level 7
Level 7

Post by MarkM »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote:I just got this complaint from someone else, so I've got a call into the hotel to see what the story is. Sit tight....
Any word yet?
Mark
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

MarkM wrote:Any word yet?
The issue should now be resolved. They only found one reservation at the higher rate (which was corrected), but that may be because the others weren't correctly entered under the Merkur Club of America block. If you made a reservation and it was at the wrong rate, you'll probably need to call the hotel back and get it fixed.

Again, be sure to specify the Merkur Club of America group rate when making the reservation.

If any problems continue, please let me know right away.
Brad
merkurdriver
Level 8

Post by merkurdriver »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote:
MarkM wrote:Any word yet?
The issue should now be resolved. They only found one reservation at the higher rate (which was corrected)
Again, be sure to specify the Merkur Club of America group rate when making the reservation.
So who's the lucky one that got fixed? :) When they quoted me the higher rate, I said that couldn't be right and they checked under Merkur Club of America and said $119 was the discounted rate.
Pretty sure I made the girl a little mad, I made her spell "Merkur" over the phone to make sure she was looking under the right club. Maybe she gave me an extra $10 per night "nuisance" tax.
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

merkurdriver wrote:So who's the lucky one that got fixed? :)
You'd deservedly beat me if I told you. (it's not you)

For some reason, they could only find one reservation at the wrong rate. Dunno why they didn't see yours Mike, as I can see you have a reservation, though I can't see the rate.

Mark, yours may be correct at $119, as they've got you down as having three people in the room. Call back and tell them two, and you should get the $109 rate.
Brad