I-70 Convoy Information

Discussion topics related exclusively to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 6-8, 2008.
Merkur Club web site
anglin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by anglin »

All,

The itinerary for the I-70 Convoy to Carlisle has been posted on the I-70 Convoy mailing list. If you'll be joining the convoy (or want to take part in any of the festivities along the way) then it would be incredibly handy for you to join the convoy mailing list and participate.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/i70-convoy/
Anglin email: - anglin at mc2racing.com
www.mc2racing.com
Freejack
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Freejack »

I just wanted to remind on non-convoyers in the St. Louis area that we will be meeting at Schafly Bottleworks Wednesday evening to see the convoy off to PA! The info is below:

Jake

http://forum.merkurclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11880
anglin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by anglin »

Freejack wrote:I just wanted to remind on non-convoyers in the St. Louis area that we will be meeting at Schafly Bottleworks Wednesday evening
Jake, sounds like fun! I wish I could travel west just to partake in the multiple happenings along the way to Carlisle. Between the Wednesday night dinner, the "One Lap Tour of the Brickyard" at Indianapolis Speedway, and Thursday night at my place, we've really got a full schedule!

Jerry just posted the 2008 Itinerary to the I-70 Convoy mailing list. Here are his guidelines if you aren't on the list.
Jerry Chandler wrote:2008 Convoy Itinerary, Guidelines & Tips

1. All Convoyers drive with headlights ON.
2. All ‘fast’ convoyers get in back of convoy, slower (speed limit) drivers up front with pace car.
3. Always refuel FIRST. When stopping for a meeting point, lunch, overnight, etc. PLEASE refuel first. When it is time to depart from a meeting point, everyone must be ready to roll. For instance: Lunch on Friday at New Stanton: BEFORE coming to the Cracker Barrel, first stop and get gas.. then to restaurant. We depart altogether from restaurant.
4. Convoy info is on Channel 19 on our CB radios.
5. If you have a mechanical problem, immediately radio the info on your CB to the group. We will pull over to help!
If you are reading this and planning to participate in the I-70 Convoy (eastbound) but you are not on the I-70 Convoy mailing list, you need to get on the mailing list in a hurry.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/i70-convoy/

That is where all the critical information (like directions to my house) is posted.
www.mc2racing.com
anglin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by anglin »

The convoy is underway! That's right... we've officially kicked off the Carlisle weekend. Pizza and good times at my place tonight!
www.mc2racing.com
xr4man
Level 6
Level 6

Post by xr4man »

i wish i could be there. :(
ian the re-animator
Merkur

Post by Merkur »

See you all there guys. Have a safe and uneventful drive. I leave at 7:15am Friday morning.

May the boost be with you!

Paul
Paul "the Brit" West
Doylestown, PA