Building G in 2010

* Merkur 25th Anniversary * Topics related to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 4-6, 2010.

Moderators: DPDISXR4Ti, Merkur

Merkur Club web site
85xr4

Post by 85xr4 »

Never new this building was a part of the show field. Why isn't building T available. Just a question? Also where are the other 250+ cars going to be? Another question. Why can't the 85's and 86's have a stock and modified class instead of grouped together like the other years? :D
Merkur

Post by Merkur »

Building T is available for the Carlisle invitational cars. My car, Saul's car, Mike Ruth's car and the IMSA race car have been in there in previous years and yes, we should definitely have one car (or maybe one XR and one Scorpio) in there next year as a 'teaser' to get people out to Building G. We can make up some posters/banners to inform people of the Building G exhibit and put these in Building T.

There are a lot of issues to work out with Building G as we discussed in Saturday's meeting. Just one being that in all probability the display rules for Building G are probably like Building T. ie: Cars have to be in place on Thursday and cannot be removed until after the show closes on Sunday. We will be working these details out in the coming months.

As far as the classes are concerned we can certainly work more closely with Carlisle to better align the judging classes. One suggestion made on Saturday was that all the modifieds are grouped together because it is more relevant to compare a modified '86 with a modified '85 than it is to compare a modified '86 with a stock '86. However it must be understood that Carlisle Events makes decisions on the amount of showfield space allocated and the grouping based on pre-registrations. If a few weeks before the show there are only three '85s and three '86s registered, despite what we tell them, the pressure will be on to combine the classes - if they do not, all six cars will end up with an award!

That is why we urge everybody to pre-register as early as possible (February normally). Unfortunately we have many procrastinators and people that wait to see what the weather is like before deciding whether to come!

Keep the good suggestions coming.

Paul
Paul "the Brit" West
Doylestown, PA
jasonty
Level 6
Level 6

Post by jasonty »

Tell you what, for those worried that no one will find us......we can make up some paper "Merkur" signs on wooden survey stakes and plaster our "usual" spot to direct everyone over. Maybe even one stating "we'll be back next year, so don't get use to it!" :lol: Everyone should realize that this spot also is along the main drag to the show, so it will be visable.
jason yancey
stephens city va
87XR-88XR
NOVAMOG

"as long as you keep picking on me I will tend to mad post about me getting mad......"
85xr4

Post by 85xr4 »

Merkur wrote:Building T is available for the Carlisle invitational cars. My car, Saul's car, Mike Ruth's car and the IMSA race car have been in there in previous years and yes, we should definitely have one car (or maybe one XR and one Scorpio) in there next year as a 'teaser' to get people out to Building G. We can make up some posters/banners to inform people of the Building G exhibit and put these in Building T.

There are a lot of issues to work out with Building G as we discussed in Saturday's meeting. Just one being that in all probability the display rules for Building G are probably like Building T. ie: Cars have to be in place on Thursday and cannot be removed until after the show closes on Sunday. We will be working these details out in the coming months.

As far as the classes are concerned we can certainly work more closely with Carlisle to better align the judging classes. One suggestion made on Saturday was that all the modifieds are grouped together because it is more relevant to compare a modified '86 with a modified '85 than it is to compare a modified '86 with a stock '86. However it must be understood that Carlisle Events makes decisions on the amount of showfield space allocated and the grouping based on pre-registrations. If a few weeks before the show there are only three '85s and three '86s registered, despite what we tell them, the pressure will be on to combine the classes - if they do not, all six cars will end up with an award!

That is why we urge everybody to pre-register as early as possible (February normally). Unfortunately we have many procrastinators and people that wait to see what the weather is like before deciding whether to come!

Keep the good suggestions coming.

Paul
Understood:

Last question, I promise. Where are the rest of us going to be parked?

Paul and the rest of the MCA organizers. The gift bags were awesome. I love my chair and I love to represent with my license plate frame.

Jarvis
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

85xr4 wrote:Last question, I promise. Where are the rest of us going to be parked?
There is parking for up to 200 cars in the area surrounding Bldg G. While I won't dismiss as impossible that we could surpass the 236 record from 2005, frankly, I doubt we'll do it. There are a lot of cars that have come off the road in the past five years.

Still, planning for the possibility of 220+ cars IS one of the items I'm discussing with Carlisle. As Paul mentioned, pre-registering is going to be more important than ever next year.
Brad
MerkurScorpio
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MerkurScorpio »

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm cool with having my car there by Thursday and keeping it there until Sunday night. If this is one of the stipulations, you can still count me and Carrie in.

We especially like the whole indoor idea since we'll have the baby with us! :D
-Paul-Michael Van Hook, Northeastern PA
'89 Merkur Scorpio "HookSport"

Paul-Aaron Zachary Van Hook is one year old! Born 11/4/2009!

My Facebook page
$KRILLA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by $KRILLA »

Can you please do you best to get a 85 stock class and 86 stock class separate this year for the XR's?Also The Scorpio needs separate classes know that the anti has been upped.
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

$KRILLA wrote:Can you please do you best to get a 85 stock class and 86 stock class separate this year for the XR's?Also The Scorpio needs separate classes know that the anti has been upped.
More than anything, it's up to the numbers - an "issue" we'll address next year by putting more cars at the show. But regardless, we'll review the classes beforehand - some different groupings could have been made this year.
Brad
darkangel26

Post by darkangel26 »

MerkurScorpio wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but I'm cool with having my car there by Thursday and keeping it there until Sunday night. If this is one of the stipulations, you can still count me and Carrie in.

We especially like the whole indoor idea since we'll have the baby with us! :D

+2 I'll go there Wednesday night if I have to and stay until Monday morning!!!

PM - I've always heard of baby's first christmas but for you I bet baby's forst carlisle will be MORE exciting LOL!!!! I expect a tiny hooksport shirt to be sported during the event! :D
Alicia
89 Merkur Scorpio
CV12Steve
Level 7
Level 7

Post by CV12Steve »

Hey Scott, to be clear, are those "Dealer Sign" panels you mentioned earlier?
Are they mounted (framed)?

In the exterior pictures there appears to be a lower level with a roll-up door on the side of the building - what's the scoop?

Is there interest in setting up a display of Merkur/Cosworth literature/memorabilia? I've got various dealer sale books, pamphlets and laser discs, etc. In fact, if some has a digital projector we could use, we could also show downloads of Merkur/Sierra TV ads and rally/BTCC/IMSA clips.

I've discussed it briefly with Rooster; anyone else in?
Stephen
Rooster
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Rooster »

indeed i think we can pull this offf
-Rooster..
1985 Merkur XR4Ti "New plan"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti Stock, Low miles unmodded will be that way 4ever
1989 Merkur Scorpio white and Tan "Casper" Daily Driven
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

CV12Steve wrote:Hey Scott, to be clear, are those "Dealer Sign" panels you mentioned earlier?
Yes, I know there are several of us with original dealer signs of various shapes and sizes.
CV12Steve wrote:In the exterior pictures there appears to be a lower level with a roll-up door on the side of the building - what's the scoop?
I didn't go down there, but it pretty much looks like the basement. I don't think we'll have access, not sure that we'd want it any way. :dunno
CV12Steve wrote:Is there interest in setting up a display of Merkur/Cosworth literature/memorabilia? I've got various dealer sale books, pamphlets and laser discs, etc. In fact, if some has a digital projector we could use, we could also show downloads of Merkur/Sierra TV ads and rally/BTCC/IMSA clips.
If I'm rememebring right, there were a couple ~30" displays in the showroom area that we should have access to - wouldn't even need the projector in that case. A display case would be a nice thing to have too - that might be something Carlisle could provide.
Brad
Rooster
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Rooster »

this place sounds better and better the more I hear about it...
-Rooster..
1985 Merkur XR4Ti "New plan"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti Stock, Low miles unmodded will be that way 4ever
1989 Merkur Scorpio white and Tan "Casper" Daily Driven
xr4man
Level 6
Level 6

Post by xr4man »

rob macdee and i just talked to one of the guys that had their ford gt at building G last weekend and he said it completely and totally sucked.

we looked at it on the map and it's not even on the fairgrounds. it's outside the fence. no one comes over there. he said he was bored out of his mind.

so, i for one vote a resounding NO for building G.
ian the re-animator
$KRILLA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by $KRILLA »

If the hottest car Ford makes can't get any press there we are in trouble.