Building G in 2010

* Merkur 25th Anniversary * Topics related to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 4-6, 2010.

Moderators: DPDISXR4Ti, Merkur

Merkur Club web site
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Re: Bldg G Info - What Ian and I heard from GT owner

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

fastmaul wrote: How about, Park the cars enjoy the showfield, have the MCA Cocktail hour closed off to us and when it's over we drive back to the hotel and/or to the MerkurSport dinner/food/hang out then back to the hotel? Just a thought. :)
I've actually given that very idea some thought. For starters, it would need to be a "dry" cocktail hour - can't have a bunch of drunks driving back to the hotel immediately after the cocktail hour. The other thing is that it would drive the hotel room rate up, since part of the leverage I have with the room rate is that we're also bringing them the event business.

Regardless of all that, I'm not sure how viable it would be to do some sort of reception at/around Bldg G. Even if we moved all the cars out, there's still not enough room to do an event for ~200 people in there.

Any way, the whole question of whether cars can be moved in/out of Bldg G is at the top of the list for further discussion with Carlisle management. Certainly, any cars in there won't be able to come and go during the course of the day. That said, 90% of the cars would be outdoors and able to come and go as needed.
Brad
jasonty
Level 6
Level 6

Post by jasonty »

I would assume that the cars in the building would be of "concours" type cars. And, I would also assume that these owners wouldn't mind having their cars in there. Saul, Paul and others have left there cars in building(s) in the past to the best of my knowledge. As such, I'm still all for it. I never look at any cars other than the car corral or the Shelby's anymore, besides the Merkurs. Also, the flow of people near G is quite busy, actually more than those who "flock" to see them Merkers on the Fun Field. Dad and I always venture over to G after walking the flea market. My 2 cents again, give it a try.
jason yancey
stephens city va
87XR-88XR
NOVAMOG

"as long as you keep picking on me I will tend to mad post about me getting mad......"
Merkur

Post by Merkur »

Jason - are you sure you are thinking of Building G? Building G is at Gate 1 and Scott has posted pictures on Page 2 of this thread. It really will be Merkur central and we'd be away from the main field.

You may be thinking of building T which is where the invitational exhibits are.

Paul
Paul "the Brit" West
Doylestown, PA
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Merkur wrote:Jason - are you sure you are thinking of Building G?
jasonty wrote:Dad and I always venture over to G after walking the flea market.
Sounds to me like Jason knows precisely where Bldg G is. :lol:
Brad
slotter

Post by slotter »

Merkur wrote:Good points about the non-Merkurs being parked on the showfield. I know that I made some enemies this weekend asking people politely to move their cars up the hill. For some reason Merkur owners think that they have a right to park in the Merkur aisle if they register their car and then bring a rental or back-up car. Not only does this spoil the overall look and feel of the showfield, pictures etc, it makes the judging harder and makes a mockery of the Carlisle "Fun Field" voting.

Hell - even Dave's minivan won an award this year!

paul
I specifically parked at the far end of the Scorpio aisle so as to avoid the "disorganized" look.

Thanks everyone for voting for my Mazda 5 minivan rental! It was fun taking back some memories, even if they were for an alternative vehicle.

-Dave
jasonty
Level 6
Level 6

Post by jasonty »

No, I know your car and others were in T, but we've been checking out G since they bought the property and started putting cars up there. I always see foot traffic through and/or past the area.

Merkur wrote:Jason - are you sure you are thinking of Building G? Building G is at Gate 1 and Scott has posted pictures on Page 2 of this thread. It really will be Merkur central and we'd be away from the main field.

You may be thinking of building T which is where the invitational exhibits are.

Paul
jason yancey
stephens city va
87XR-88XR
NOVAMOG

"as long as you keep picking on me I will tend to mad post about me getting mad......"
Merkur

Post by Merkur »

Thanks Jason. My mistake. I admit I have never made it over to Building G and I'm relying on Scott's pictures.

Thanks,

Paul
Paul "the Brit" West
Doylestown, PA
ak-tvr

Building G

Post by ak-tvr »

I think that it would be a great opportunity of 2010. We will have to get some additional banners for MCA/Merkur ID.
saff
Robert Saffian
Akron, OH
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Re: Building G

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

ak-tvr wrote:I think that it would be a great opportunity of 2010. We will have to get some additional banners for MCA/Merkur ID.
Excellent, you have your first assignment for 2010 Bob. Say hello to Kate for me while you're there. :P
Brad
Rooster
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Rooster »

So what is going on with this?
-Rooster..
1985 Merkur XR4Ti "New plan"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti Stock, Low miles unmodded will be that way 4ever
1989 Merkur Scorpio white and Tan "Casper" Daily Driven
Merkur

Post by Merkur »

We are still working with Carlisle Productions to work out the details and address the concerns voiced here. Will provide an update once we have some firm answers.

Paul
Paul "the Brit" West
Doylestown, PA
Rooster
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Rooster »

okie dokie.... I will be waiting...
-Rooster..
1985 Merkur XR4Ti "New plan"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti Stock, Low miles unmodded will be that way 4ever
1989 Merkur Scorpio white and Tan "Casper" Daily Driven
leesonic
Level 2
Level 2

Post by leesonic »

How about a big screen TV hooked to a DVD running loops of Merkurs (and Sierras) racing and rallying? When I bought my copy of "The Story of the Sierra Cosworth" to Carlisle in 2005 (I think), it was running during the MCA banquet, and quite a few people came and asked me about it. It would probably be easy to just take out the interviews with people, and just concentrate on racing footage.
Lee.
1988 XR4Ti red
CV12Steve
Level 7
Level 7

Post by CV12Steve »

If someone has a digital projector that might be a better deal - we could play CDs/DVDs from a computer, as well as mpg's. I also have some Merk laser dics (and a player) I'd like to show.
Stephen
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Keep the ideas coming. I'm sure we'll be visiting with the folks at Carlisle in the Spring to get all the final details sorted out.
Brad