2010 Carlisle Autocross

* Merkur 25th Anniversary * Topics related to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 4-6, 2010.

Moderators: DPDISXR4Ti, Merkur

Merkur Club web site
CV12Steve
Level 7
Level 7

Post by CV12Steve »

Hey! We "Westies" need Ben in our 2010 convoy!
(He volunteered to play sweep-up if he goes, rescuing stranded Merks with his trailer.)
Stephen
DSPXR4ti
Level 7
Level 7

Post by DSPXR4ti »

Grayson wrote:It sucks that my attendance at Nationals will prevent Ben from coming to Carlisle next year.
HoHOHO Well I have a beer for if you, if I can do this year at the National's and I will save myself 3500.00 next year because I would have done it, [/b]BRING IT BABY

Ben
Last edited by DSPXR4ti on Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
85 DSP XR4ti, 2009 Solo 2 National Champion, burns muffler, 3in exhaust, Mc2 Full suspension, 325 hps & 328tqr, GMR Intake, Wilwood brakes, Eaton LSD, stand alone ECU. Working on being SM National Champion.
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Just a quick note to confirm that AutoX is indeed confirmed for this year's event. You've got 6 months to get ready - no excuses! :twisted:
Brad
DSPXR4ti
Level 7
Level 7

Post by DSPXR4ti »

I really wish I could come to Calisle this year but I think the wife said to me when I got home from the National's "so now that you have done it, thats it right" I said NO! but I think it went in one ear and out the other. So inless someone knows a cheap way of getting a car to Calisle and back, if not, then I'm out.

Ben
85 DSP XR4ti, 2009 Solo 2 National Champion, burns muffler, 3in exhaust, Mc2 Full suspension, 325 hps & 328tqr, GMR Intake, Wilwood brakes, Eaton LSD, stand alone ECU. Working on being SM National Champion.
Grayson
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Grayson »

Definitely keep in mind that you can come to Carlisle without a car. We won't harass you too much since you're in CA. Last year we had a few people from SoCal show up via plane.
CV12Steve
Level 7
Level 7

Post by CV12Steve »

They were from the SF Bay Area (unless more flew in too).
Ben, there are a few people back east already looking for drivers to bring their second cars.
Stephen
DSPXR4ti
Level 7
Level 7

Post by DSPXR4ti »

Well that would be cool. any names?

Ben
CV12Steve
Level 7
Level 7

Post by CV12Steve »

There's a few in the "Early Roll Call" thread here.
Stephen
MerkXR4

Post by MerkXR4 »

I'm in for the Carlisle autox... I'll be doing a few come the spring with the NNJR group that meets up at Englishtown - they do both the parking lot and the road course there.... lots of fun.

Hopefully by the time Carlisle comes around I'll have a few more toys on my XR to help get my times down a bit more - - maybe a little ambitious but I do have a LSD sitting in the garage :twisted:
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

MerkXR4 wrote:Hopefully by the time Carlisle comes around I'll have a few more toys on my XR to help get my times down a bit more
Stiffer springs will probably do as much for you as anything. The junkyard terrorist would suggest front Tempo springs for the front and front Saab 900 springs for the rear. Done for $20 as long as you don't count time, money, sawzall blades, etc. :lol:
Brad
MerlinMerkur
Level 7
Level 7

Post by MerlinMerkur »

anglin wrote: When you look over the history of Merkurs autocrossing at Carlisle, there haven't been any failures that prevented someone from driving their Merkur home. That's out of nearly 600 autocross runs done by Merkur owners at Carlisle autocross events.

Weeeeell idk Chris hah, I have had ONE autocross related failure in maybe oh... 20 or so.

My distributor lost a tooth or rather the gear in the engine ate it up and I lost rotation of the distrib. I knew it sounded funny and something wasnt right when it wouldnt go over 4200RPM while racing. Good thing the XR is a low RPM motor, cause it didnt seem to effect my times much haha..

But yeah, JUST as I was pulling out of the AX to go home it completely pooped out on me, dist stopped turning, 3pm or so.. by 8pm I'd found a dizzy replaced it with light only from the wife holding the flashlight (oh boy what fun) and was back on the road, home by 10pm :)
~Travis
87.5 Mono XR- LA3, FMIC, Adj Cam, Gillis, CAI/Cone, +15% rates - Koni adj, Coss frnt/rr sways, rr brc., Ported manis, 3" DP w/dualz, PBRs, rear disks and enough gadjets and switches to make Batman jealous! And more comin! Speak up.
anglin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by anglin »

MerlinMerkur wrote:My distributor lost a tooth or rather the gear in the engine ate it up and I lost rotation of the distrib.
That's a fairly typical failure, though, and doesn't even require that you be driving the car hard to happen. *shrug*
Anglin email: - anglin at mc2racing.com
www.mc2racing.com
anglin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by anglin »

So, what's the word on the autocross this year? Later this month I'll start warming up for the Carlisle autocross by getting some seat time in at local events. *cracks knuckles*

Did you get your plane ticket yet, Ben?
Anglin email: - anglin at mc2racing.com
www.mc2racing.com
TommyT
Level 2
Level 2

Post by TommyT »

I would like to run in this event this year. It'll be my first AutoX. How do I sign up?
Tommy
Howell, NJ USA
SARON81
Level 5
Level 5

Post by SARON81 »

TommyT wrote:I would like to run in this event this year. It'll be my first AutoX. How do I sign up?
Just show up.
They have registration in the AM the day of the event.