Post-Carlisle Survey - Please read and reply

* Merkur 25th Anniversary * Topics related to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 4-6, 2010.

Moderators: DPDISXR4Ti, Merkur

Merkur Club web site
MerkurScorpio
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MerkurScorpio »

1. How many Merkurs at Carlisle events (including 2010), have you attended?
Nine altogether.

2. Do you plan on attending in 2011? If no, why not?
Absolutely!

3. We're already contracted to stay at the Radisson again next year (room rates will remain the same), but is there anything you'd like to see different/improved at the hotel?
I honestly can't say I have any concerns about the hotel.

4. What if we did not have a formal reception or dinner on Saturday night as we've had in years past - would that be okay?
NO! I think the formal reception is as important to the weekend as the showfield and beer! I would be sad to see the reception go away.

5. What if we skipped the MCA awards and vendor-donated prizes? Would that make it less likely that you would attend?
We would still attend, but I think the weekend would feel a bit incomplete without the MCA awards and prizes. I know my whole family enjoys the ceremony and giveaway, even if we don't win!

6. Was the MCA Carlisle planning website useful? What else would you like to see included?
Worked well for me!

7. What did you think of the MCA goody bag this year? Anything in particular you'd like to see in it next year?
I loved the fact the shirts were included with the goody bag! In my opinion that alone made this year's goody bag the best one yet.

8. Never mind that it was free this year, what did you think of this year's T-shirt? (i.e artwork, t-shirt color, etc)
It was great! Simple, classy, and matches everything. Now we need one in the same style with a Scorpio! ;-)

9. How important is it that we have t-shirts made every year? (i.e. could we skip it some years and focus on the goody bag stuff instead?)
The t-shirt is one of the best keepsakes to remember each year by, in my opinion at least. I still wear my shirt from my first Carlisle in 2000!

10. What did you think of being located at Bldg G this year, and would you be in favor of a return visit in the future? (keep in mind, it's very unlikely that we'll immediately be back there next year)
I think it was nice for the special occasion, but I honestly prefer our normal spot on the showfield. I think we were too far away to really feel a part of the rest of the show. I did very much like the easy access and exit though by Bldg G.

11. Any other comments, suggestions, complaints not covered above - feel free....
More hors d'ourves! We got to the reception only a few minutes late and almost everything was already gone! Although I did enjoy the mini-quiches that were left![/b]
-Paul-Michael Van Hook, Northeastern PA
'89 Merkur Scorpio "HookSport"

Paul-Aaron Zachary Van Hook is one year old! Born 11/4/2009!

My Facebook page
JimG
Level 5
Level 5

Post by JimG »

1. How many Merkurs at Carlisle events (including 2010), have you attended? ALL

2. Do you plan on attending in 2011? If no, why not? Wouldn't miss it

3. We're already contracted to stay at the Radisson again next year (room rates will remain the same), but is there anything you'd like to see different/improved at the hotel? Nothing that I can think of, its always worked out good for us!

4. What if we did not have a formal reception or dinner on Saturday night as we've had in years past - would that be okay? I think that the dinner/reception/awards is important for bringing MCA members together for peer recognition, sharing experiences around the tables and developing the relationships that continue to build viable club. I and my family have been attending for years and always look forward to that evening. Bring back the dinner would be a good thing, perhaps a BBQ.

5. What if we skipped the MCA awards and vendor-donated prizes? Would that make it less likely that you would attend? No, but I strongly feel that recognizing and rewarding members for maintaining and enhancing the marque is important and should continue.

6. Was the MCA Carlisle planning website useful? Yes What else would you like to see included? maybe convoy or parts ordering info.

7. What did you think of the MCA goody bag this year? Anything in particular you'd like to see in it next year? I think that it was a bit light on useful goodies - wouldn't mind paying for the shirt though if goody bag was more substantial.

8. Never mind that it was free this year, what did you think of this year's T-shirt? (i.e artwork, t-shirt color, etc) Good shirt, but still would like a pocket

9. How important is it that we have t-shirts made every year? (i.e. could we skip it some years and focus on the goody bag stuff instead?) T-shirts are important and I wouldn't mind paying separately for them. Additionally perhaps hats could be available for purchase as well.

10. What did you think of being located at Bldg G this year, and would you be in favor of a return visit in the future? (keep in mind, it's very unlikely that we'll immediately be back there next year) It was pretty neat but a long walk to the show field, grandstand and swap meet areas. Good for those "special" years.

11. Any other comments, suggestions, complaints not covered above - feel free....

- AutoX was great - like to see it continue.
- Would like to see a return to a tech session or two perhaps one focused toward new owners.
- would like to see sessions on tuning and troubleshooting.

Jim Gosses
86 XR4TI

Thanks for your feedback.
86 XR4TI, 165K, T-5, IC, RR, PBR Fronts, T-bird Rear Discs