Post-Carlisle Survey - Please read and reply

* Merkur 25th Anniversary * Topics related to our annual gathering in Carlisle PA on June 4-6, 2010.

Moderators: DPDISXR4Ti, Merkur

Merkur Club web site
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post-Carlisle Survey - Please read and reply

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

Before too much time passes, I wanted to solicit some feedback for how you all thought things went this year and get some input on possible ideas for next year.

Feel free to answer all or just some of the questions as you see fit - any input is better than none! Any and all feedback is appreciated - no filters required....

1. How many Merkurs at Carlisle events (including 2010), have you attended?

2. Do you plan on attending in 2011? If no, why not?

3. We're already contracted to stay at the Radisson again next year (room rates will remain the same), but is there anything you'd like to see different/improved at the hotel?

4. What if we did not have a formal reception or dinner on Saturday night as we've had in years past - would that be okay?

5. What if we skipped the MCA awards and vendor-donated prizes? Would that make it less likely that you would attend?

6. Was the MCA Carlisle planning website useful? What else would you like to see included?

7. What did you think of the MCA goody bag this year? Anything in particular you'd like to see in it next year?

8. Never mind that it was free this year, what did you think of this year's T-shirt? (i.e artwork, t-shirt color, etc)

9. How important is it that we have t-shirts made every year? (i.e. could we skip it some years and focus on the goody bag stuff instead?)

10. What did you think of being located at Bldg G this year, and would you be in favor of a return visit in the future? (keep in mind, it's very unlikely that we'll immediately be back there next year)

11. Any other comments, suggestions, complaints not covered above - feel free....

Thanks for your feedback.
Brad
merkurdriver
Level 8

Re: Post-Carlisle Survey - Please read and reply

Post by merkurdriver »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote: 1. How many Merkurs at Carlisle events (including 2010), have you attended? 12

2. Do you plan on attending in 2011? YES.

3. We're already contracted to stay at the Radisson again next year (room rates will remain the same), but is there anything you'd like to see different/improved at the hotel? Even more trashcans. LOL.

4. What if we did not have a formal reception or dinner on Saturday night as we've had in years past - would that be okay? For me it would be OK, but I'm sure others like the dinner and feel like it is perhaps the only day of the year they actually get the recognition they deserve for the hard work on their cars.
5. What if we skipped the MCA awards and vendor-donated prizes? I'm too biased to answer - as a vendor that is an out-of-pocket expense for me. Would that make it less likely that you would attend? No.

6. Was the MCA Carlisle planning website useful? What else would you like to see included? Yes.

7. What did you think of the MCA goody bag this year? Anything in particular you'd like to see in it next year? Good as always.

8. Never mind that it was free this year, what did you think of this year's T-shirt? (i.e artwork, t-shirt color, etc) Nice work. Simple, but effective design.

9. How important is it that we have t-shirts made every year? (i.e. could we skip it some years and focus on the goody bag stuff instead?) I could go either way...

10. What did you think of being located at Bldg G this year, and would you be in favor of a return visit in the future? (keep in mind, it's very unlikely that we'll immediately be back there next year)

11. Any other comments, suggestions, complaints not covered above - feel free....

aaul00
Level 2
Level 2

Post by aaul00 »

1. How many Merkurs at Carlisle events (including 2010), have you attended? Attended Carlisle since 2005... this was the second year with the club, first year with my car.

2. Do you plan on attending in 2011? If no, why not? Definitely.

3. We're already contracted to stay at the Radisson again next year (room rates will remain the same), but is there anything you'd like to see different/improved at the hotel? Maybe I'll stay there next year...

4. What if we did not have a formal reception or dinner on Saturday night as we've had in years past - would that be okay? I've never attended... maybe next year?

5. What if we skipped the MCA awards and vendor-donated prizes? Would that make it less likely that you would attend? I'll attend regardless.

6. Was the MCA Carlisle planning website useful? What else would you like to see included? Yes.

7. What did you think of the MCA goody bag this year? Anything in particular you'd like to see in it next year? Top notch stuff.

8. Never mind that it was free this year, what did you think of this year's T-shirt? (i.e artwork, t-shirt color, etc) REALLY like the shirt. Not overdone like some other car club shirts I've seen.

9. How important is it that we have t-shirts made every year? (i.e. could we skip it some years and focus on the goody bag stuff instead?) I actually prefer the shirt... I can get tire shine (for example) anywhere.

10. What did you think of being located at Bldg G this year, and would you be in favor of a return visit in the future? (keep in mind, it's very unlikely that we'll immediately be back there next year) It was nice. I think there was less Merkur exposure to non-Merkur people, but that was expected. I know some people that didn't even go near building G. I would be in favor of another visit, however.

-Andrew Aul
SvoSierra
Level 5
Level 5

Post by SvoSierra »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote:Before too much time passes, I wanted to solicit some feedback for how you all thought things went this year and get some input on possible ideas for next year.

Feel free to answer all or just some of the questions as you see fit - any input is better than none! Any and all feedback is appreciated - no filters required....

Yes

3. We're already contracted to stay at the Radisson again next year (room rates will remain the same), but is there anything you'd like to see different/improved at the hotel?
Works well, Mike's suggestion of more trash is a great one

4. What if we did not have a formal reception or dinner on Saturday night as we've had in years past - would that be okay?
It's a nice touch, keeping a quick pace helps a lot. I say keep it

5. What if we skipped the MCA awards and vendor-donated prizes? Would that make it less likely that you would attend?
Um, what would be left?

7. What did you think of the MCA goody bag this year? Anything in particular you'd like to see in it next year?
Good goodie bag as always. Last year's chairs were the best in my opinion

8. Never mind that it was free this year, what did you think of this year's T-shirt? (i.e artwork, t-shirt color, etc)
Good t-shirt

9. How important is it that we have t-shirts made every year? (i.e. could we skip it some years and focus on the goody bag stuff instead?)
I buy almost every Merkur t-shirt that is available, so I call it important (Yes, even the 2008 which was goofy more than anything :lol:...)

No on G, forever! Not enough room, very little exposure to the rest of the show. Those in the bldg can't enjoy their cars all weekend, hard to judge cars if you can't find them, no room for tents and hanging out, need I continue?

XR and Scorpio blower motor rebuilding, LED upgrades, XR lock service
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

I'll paste the responses I receive via e-mail in here anonymously so we have them all in one place...

This was my first!

If possible, but I live in So. Calif. so it's a long trip. It would be nice if we could hold something a little closer to the West Coast sometime.

Yes, my room was so as far away from almost everyone else that I didn't really feel as much a part of the group as I could have. Perhaps they could do something about this next year so that everyone was at least in the same wing of the hotel.

Having only been this once, I would like to see a dinner rather than just a reception.

I didn't attend for those things, but I thought that they were nice.

6. Was the MCA Carlisle planning website useful? What else would you like to see included?
no opinion

OK I guess. I have nothing to compare it too.

It was OK.

I didn't attend to receive a T-shirt, so it would be OK with me.

It was nice, but again I have nothing to reference it against.

There is an "All Fords Show at Knott's Berry Farm (in Buena Park, CA) in early April. It's near Disneyland in Orange County, California. It would be nice to see a larger showing of Merkurs there. Maybe a few members from the East Coast would be interested in driving cross country as I did. It was a great experience for me, and I'm sure it would be for those coming this way as well. BTW, The weather is almost guaranteed to be great.
Brad
DPDISXR4Ti
Site Admin

Post by DPDISXR4Ti »

8 consecutive
Yes we are.
Nothing that can be done "legally"
It would NOT be OK - It WOULD BE FANTASTIC !!!!!
Absolutely NOT
The planning wesite was very good. What else could be included?
Having the shirt as the "prize" was great. I particularly loved the sun visors
Liked the quality and simplicity of the shirt. Only one I liked equally well was the three button version.
Like the shirt, but it is irrelevant to me. I didn't join MCA or go to Carlisle for either, they are just icing on the cake.
I'd go back in a heart beat.
Brad
SARON81
Level 5
Level 5

Post by SARON81 »

and all feedback is appreciated - no filters required....

1. How many Merkurs at Carlisle events (including 2010), have you attended? 6
2. Do you plan on attending in 2011? If no, why not? YES. IT'S THE BEST LOCAL SHOW FOR ME.
4. What if we did not have a formal reception or dinner on Saturday night as we've had in years past - would that be okay? THIS WILL ANSWER THE NEXT FEW: NO OPINION, AS I'M JUST A FREELOADER, NOT A DUES PAYING MEMBER OF THE MCA.

PERSONALLY, I DIDN'T CARE FOR THE OUTSIDE DISPLAY AREA MUCH OF BUILDING "G" MUCH. IT WAS PRETTY CROWDED, AND DIDN'T SEEM TOO WELL ORGANIZED. WHEN I GOT THERE... THERE WAS NO MORE ROOM FOR 89 MODIFIEDS (SOMEBODY'S TOYOTA WAS IN THE LAST FEW SPACES.. IT WAS LATER MOVED) SO I PARKED BY THE TENT... WHERE I GOT BLOCKED IN. :x
milehighXR
Level 7
Level 7

Post by milehighXR »

Didn't make it this, but I have been twice, so I'll still answer

Unknown, projects, distance, time(to cover said distance), and cost(to travel said distance)

Get better security

No, I enjoyed the dinners the 2 yrs I went, and was saddened to hear they disappeared.

Doubtful, but I hear no other club does this kind of thing.

Didn't use it, ever.

I don't know what was in this years bag, but I will suggest NOS, or replica key blanks for all styles of key(XR, and both Scorps, torch, and standard). I'd rather have that than car wax.

Didn't see it.

MUST HAVE T-SHIRTS, it's the #2 reason I go, I'll happily buy the shirt if I have to pay for it.

Must be there for 30th of Merkur, I wanna have my cars in there :wink:

Do something out west on occasion, or in addition to Carlisle :dunno
Johnny

1 86 XR aka Naomi- my first love, now daily driven project

DCLXVI
darkangel26

Post by darkangel26 »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote:Before too much time passes, I wanted to solicit some feedback for how you all thought things went this year and get some input on possible ideas for next year.

1. How many Merkurs at Carlisle events (including 2010), have you attended? four

2. Do you plan on attending in 2011? If no, why not? at this point-yes-

3. We're already contracted to stay at the Radisson again next year (room rates will remain the same), but is there anything you'd like to see different/improved at the hotel? I find the hotel to be quite accomidating and it seems to suit the groups needs well.

4. What if we did not have a formal reception or dinner on Saturday night as we've had in years past - would that be okay? of course.

5. What if we skipped the MCA awards and vendor-donated prizes? Would that make it less likely that you would attend? It would not affect my attendance but the reception has become part of the routine and would feel like something was missing from the weekend.

6. Was the MCA Carlisle planning website useful? What else would you like to see included? It was basically the same site as last year with the dates changed....having said that, I remember the site being very informative and useful when I was prepareing for my first carlisle..

7. What did you think of the MCA goody bag this year? Anything in particular you'd like to see in it next year? The goody bag was OK this year, I'd like to see more useful items in the future (example 09's chair)

8. Never mind that it was free this year, what did you think of this year's T-shirt? (i.e artwork, t-shirt color, etc) It was one of the better shirts I've seen...I might even wear it in public hahaha jk

9. How important is it that we have t-shirts made every year? (i.e. could we skip it some years and focus on the goody bag stuff instead?) This is the first year I got a shirt and thats bc it was free... so to me personally it is not THAT important we have one year after year.

10. What did you think of being located at Bldg G this year, and would you be in favor of a return visit in the future? (keep in mind, it's very unlikely that we'll immediately be back there next year) Building G was good when it was pouring outside ...but aside from that I felt it was out of the way of everything else going on and a return visit would be undesirable for me. I prefer the hill since it felt like we were part of the action in that location.

11. Any other comments, suggestions, complaints not covered above - feel free.... :-) see u next year.

Alicia
89 Merkur Scorpio
jasonty
Level 6
Level 6

Post by jasonty »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote: 1. How many Merkurs at Carlisle events (including 2010), have you attended?

99-2009, missed this year for some stupid reasons..

YES

It is what it is. Nice place. Good parking lot, not as good as the HI, but it works well.

I like it. But, I'm not married to it.

Wouldn't matter, but free stuff is good!

We still have that? I know how to get there now...I used it years ago when we had to register for dinner, show, hotel...

Still waiting on mine in the mail:(

Haven't seen it, but free, again, is good.

SKIP it.

Again, missed out on it. Based on other responses, probably skip it. Although, for big anniversary dates I wouldn't be opposed.

Keep up all your hard work Brad. It is appreciated.

jason yancey
stephens city va
87XR-88XR
NOVAMOG

"as long as you keep picking on me I will tend to mad post about me getting mad......"
Colin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Colin »

DPDISXR4Ti wrote:1. How many Merkurs at Carlisle events (including 2010), have you attended?

Six: 05,06,07,08,09,10

Probably. If not, it will be because of a monetary issue.

I wish the hotel would put guests in the wing of the hotel nearest the parking lot when we mention the MCA group rate. I ended up half a mile away and up three flights of stairs.

That's fine.

Also fine.

It's useful, but I'm on autopilot after six years.

I'm excavating a moat around my shop and filling it with Meguiar's Quik Detailer.

It wasn't a Dickies work shirt.

Unimportant.

It's kind of a cool building, but not worth having to hike cross-country to get to the rest of the showfield. All things considered, I like the grassy hill more.

Instagram @colinrdoyle
89 Scorpio 2300-16V // 07 F-650 Cummins // 00 Beetle TDI
File to fit, paint to match.
ex_are_four_tea_eye
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ex_are_four_tea_eye »

1. How many Merkurs at Carlisle events (including 2010), have you attended? 2

2. Do you plan on attending in 2011? If no, why not? Not sure yet. The shock factor sort of wore off after my first year.

4. What if we did not have a formal reception or dinner on Saturday night as we've had in years past - would that be okay? ok with me.
We should have a BBQ in the parking lot instead.

8. Never mind that it was free this year, what did you think of this year's T-shirt? (i.e artwork, t-shirt color, etc) Great!!!

Doesn't matter to me.

Did not really like it. Would much rather be with the rest of the show field.

mjfpjf

Survey

Post by mjfpjf »

. How many Merkurs at Carlisle events (including 2010), have you attended?

Nine

Yes

Hotel needs some updating

No formal is ok

Some traditions are worth keeping ... this is one

Not as good as previous years, but I've already done this nine times

The McGuires detailer isn't that good. Leaves haze that is hard to remove

Fine

Can live without T-shirt

Prefer to be on the showfield

Marty
(IL)
87 xr4Ti
richardcurtis
Level 6
Level 6

Post by richardcurtis »

Brade: As much as I enjoy Carlisle, you couldn't do much to screw it up. Loved it this year, as I have every year we've held it for Merkurs (save one; I was out of the country). I'll be there next year and most likely every year thereafter until they put me in the ground. I've always looked forward to the goody bag (love surprises and free stuff!), but, really, don't we all have enough Quik-Detailer by now? (Ask Meguiars for any of their other products instead.) I haven't stayed overnight in years although it was always great fun. The dinner/reception is terrific opportunity to meet other Merkheads. T-shirts are fine but I wouldn't miss not getting one. Didn't care for Bldg. G... showfield is much better located although you have to appreciate the easy-in, easy-out of Bldg. G. Keep the terrific work; all hard work by everyone involved is much appreciated.
Richard Curtis
Fairfax Station, Va. '89XR (gone to a new home but not forgotten)
anglin
Level 7
Level 7

Post by anglin »

Ten

Yes

The Radisson has one of the most Merkur-friendly parking lot layouts of the hotels we've visited. I can't think of anything I'd like to change inside the realm of reason. Cash bar in the parking lot? Geez... what the hell am I saying?! Never mind.

Yes.

No. I'll attend Carlisle without vendor prizes. That's just a bonus in my book.

It's an autopilot thing for me and has been for several years now. For the folks who have never gone before, it's probably a pretty critical resource. Carlisle event autocross information would be a GREAT thing to include.

Other than the t-shirt and bottle opener, I don't recall there being much stuff that was Merkur specific. Only the t-shirt was MCA-specific, if I am correctly recalling. I'm part of the club and would like doodads to show it. How about a Merkur/MCA branded socket set with 8, 10, 13, 15, 17 mm sockets? Kidding. Kind of. Lofquist-esque keychains would be pretty sweet. I'll hang onto mine forever.

I haven't worn it yet, actually. Does it have event sponsors on it? That's something, as an event sponsor, I'd like to see.

They are less and less important to me. It's likely I wouldn't have bought one if they were for sale. Honestly, I haven't liked them since about 1998 or 1999. I think a different approach would be required for me to buy one. Pocket, collar. Averaging out the t-shirt design mindset for the last 5 years or so, I feel like there's too much opportunity for them to look like every other car show t-shirt. I don't want a car show t-shirt. I would like a good looking shirt with something that shows my affiliation.

I really liked the venue. It was amazing how different of a feel the show had this year because of where we were parked. It didn't feel like I was walking around a campground packed with cars.

None that I can think of right now.
Anglin email: - anglin at mc2racing.com
www.mc2racing.com